Status: working

Blog It Out

Walk of Shame

The walk of shame.
I never thought that my first night of college I'd end up this way. In my own house even.
Wendalls arms were around me when I woke up. It took all of my power not to scream, but I remembered what happened. And no it wasn't suppose to happen. Not with me. Where I was, that's where Ammy is suppose to be.
"Wendy," Chris was knocking on the door. "Come on man wake up we wanna hear what happened. The part where your clothes were on that is."
Wendall moved in the bed next to me. "We can either go out there and tell them. Or you can sneak out the window and we never speak of this again."
Hiding this would have been easier. But it was too late for that. We had to go forward and tell them the truth.
"How did it get to this?" I asked.
He sat up covering himself. "We had a rough day. Really rough that is. Everything we knew was taken from us and maybe we just needed something good to happen."
He handed me a fresh shirt from his drawers. "You are about Ammys size i take it? She still has a few things here if you want some fresh clothes."
As I was getting out of the bed, Wendall turned away, causing me to laugh. "All that and you still look away. My dear Wendy are you a gentlemen?"
We forgot Christan was outside until he shouted "Kerl? Is that you?"
The moment of truth came. He had heard Wendall talking to a girl, and if he didn't walk out with someone, they would soon learn. Either way they would learn that Ammy wasn't with him last night.
"Yeah," I shouted. "It's me. Just give us a minute and we'll explain everything okay?"
Barely a minute had passed until my brother came banging on the door.
"WENDALL! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE NOW!"
Wendalls head snapped up in fear. Only once had he heard Ben that mad, but it wasn't him that was at the end of his anger.
"Oh god. Oh god." He start chanting. "What do I do?"
I pushed him into the closest. "I'll explain it. Just don't have a heart attack."
Ben was nearly breaking down the door when I opened it. "Where is he?" He was red with anger. "Where is that bitch?"
"Ben calm down. Let me explain this."
"Explain what? That my best friend, who was suppose to be getting engaged last night, ended up in bed with my sister, who is suppose to be at college."
"We are all suppose to be some where or something but that didn't happen. Now just calm down so we can talk about this."
I'm not sure when, but some where within the conversation we started speaking German. I could tell by the confused looked on Christans face, and possible fear for we only speak our first language when we get really mad at each other.
"Ammy left him last night. Wendall called me crying and begged me to come over."
"That didn't mean you could sleep with him! The man needed a hug not a shag!"
"Be mad all you want but it won't change what happened. Your best friends heart just got handed to him but a girl he has loved for nearly 20 years. Either be mad at him for a drunk mistake or help him get back on his feet. But being mad at him for what he and I, as mature adults, decided to do won't go back and change anything."
Ben was quiet for a while. The guys seemed to be holding their breath in wait for him to speak again.
He left out a huge sigh, "I'm going to regret the answer but as your brother and only family I have to ask. Did you at least use protection?"
"Yes, big brother, you can be sure I'm not that stupid." I smiled at him. "Now, can Wendy come out of hiding or do we need to call the cops?"