Status: working

Blog It Out

Back Story

My brother can be protective sometimes. It was Ben, my dad, and me, when we first got to America. I was ten, and Ben was 12. We barely spoke English. So he watched over me everywhere we went. The park, school, after school to learn English, even at home he was by my side.
Our father was an American Marine. Hardly ever home. Ben and I took car of ourselves. Dad gave us an account that he put a good amount of his paycheck in so we can have money. The bills were always paid, and the house was already paid off. The only think Ben and I bought was bikes. We had a maid that came in everyday to make sure we had everything. But we didn't even notice her.
Every day, before and after school, from the sun rise to when the street lights came on, Ben and I were out playing. Yes we did not have friends at the time. But it didn't matter to us. And when our English was good enough we got library cards. Almost every day during the school year we were there. And the summer we rode our bikes all over town.
I guess we were living in America for one year before me meet Wendall and Ammy. They weren't officially together but we could see that they had the forever love that people told stories about. They were one in the same, like Ben and I, always together.
It wasn't long before Ammy and I were good friends. She helped me form to the American girl culture. Wendall did the same to Ben. Soon our rides around town were accompanied by two more. They ever tried to learn German til, Ammy got sick of Wendall spiting at every word.
Christan didn't come around til Ben, Wendall, and Ammy got into high school. I was still a lonely middle schooler. From what I heard he hit on Ammy and Wendall nearly killed him. But my brother being the man he was, literally picked both of them up and threw them. It was that moment that Wendall saw just ow much he had grown to love her and, as he claims it, wanted to marry her.Christan turned out to be a good guy in the end and we all grow to love him. Yet my freshman year things changed.
I fell for a guy when I was very young. Two years and we were together starting high school. Til he wanted to the average guy thing and go a lot farther than I was ready for. Needless to say the break up was bad. And while waiting for Ben to get home from after school sports, Christan showed up at my door. He didn't say much but he hugged me. Then he did something almost human.
"You know," He said. "I try to come off as this big player, but I really haven't gotten much farther than you have in a relationship. I'm always worried that it will be a mistake and she'll leave me."
We laughed about it for a little cracking jokes that we should be each other firsts to make sure no one can ruin it. But the joke didn't turn that way in the end. We agreed no one would know. It was just that once and most importantly Ben would never know.
Never since had we talked about it. Not til that morning when I woke up with Wendall. Everyone always said I was the pure one, waiting for marriage. And no one thought anything about til, while at breakfast, Ben shouted, "Wendy, did you take my sisters virginity?"
My eyes locked with Christan. Should we come out and say it? No, its been too long he'll kill us both for lying. We had to keep our mouths shut and think of something.
"No he didn't," I said. "I never told you because I knew you'd freak."
Christan and Wendall sighed but Ben just got madder.
"Why didn't you tell me? I'm your brother."
"That's why. You would have killed him."
Ben got ready to argue more, but Christan piped in before anything. "Ben we all know that our sex lives should only be between those evolved. Can't your sister have some privacy in her life?"
It was a surprise to everyone that Christan or all people would say that. I began thinking, maybe he wasn't the boy trying to peak in the girls locker room that we all knew, anymore. I guess we were all growing up that moment.