Status: Stoked.

Give It to Me.

Love me cancerously.

My twenty four hours were nearly split in half over the period of seven days. When I couldn't be with Kennedy, his brother Byron was at his side like glue. I looked like a zombie, sleeping in the stiff chair in the room, next to Ken's bed every night.

Jared was making far better progress than Kennedy. He was healing at an almost superhuman rate, and the doctor's expected him to wake from his medically induced a coma at any given time. Tessa slept just the same as I did, both of us looking completely dead.

Kennedy's hand never left mine when I was in the room with him. I looked at the TV, the local news was on, talking about the shortage of staff in their school districts. I looked up, seeing Garrett shutting the door quietly behind him.

"We got you and Tessa a room at the hotel across the street," He said quietly.

His hair was so long, and he had a beard. He didn't look like the young, sweet, and naive Garrett I once was so close with. I smiled, he was a man now. I blinked slowly, a small smile on my face, hearing the monitors in the background beeping rhythmically.

"I wouldn't dare leave his side Gare," I whispered looking at my beautiful beau.
"It's right across the street, you can shower, eat, maybe take a little nap," He encouraged me.
"I can't miss anything Gary," I stood up, bending down and kissing Kennedy's forehead.

The tubes down his throat made me uncomfortable. I just wanted him to regain the full ability to breathe on his own again. I missed hearing his voice, and feeling the liveliness in his hugs. I missed that beautiful smile and the raspy sound of his laughter.

"Mace, I promise if anything is even remotely heightening of changing I'll call you right away. We really want you to get some rest so you can be strong when he wakes up," He looked at me, thoroughly concerned.
"Did Tessa agree?"
"Of course not, but you both need this. Nothing is changing yet, and if anything comes up with Jared or Kenny we'll call you guys right away," Garrett held my hand tightly.

I looked at him, he looked well rested and calm. I felt frenzied and tired, and I knew he was right. I did need a nap, and a shower most definitely. I looked down at our small hands and hugged him tightly, feeling the emotions rise in my chest.

"Thank you for being here for us," I said quietly, my voice quivering.
"If Kennedy wanted anything it was for us to take care of you. He loves you more than the sun, moon, and his guitar. Which is a fuck ton," He attempted a smile.
"Please call me immediately if anything changes," I sighed.

I turned toward Kenny, bending over and placing a small kiss on the side of his mouth. The tube made is difficult to kiss him, and I felt my heart lurch out of my chest as I felt how dry his lips were. My poor baby.

I ran my index finger down his face before kissing his temple and finally making my way toward Jared's room. I knew I would have to convince Tessa that we needed to get away for a couple hours and tend to ourselves.

"Hey Tess," I whispered stepping into my brother's room.
"Hey," She looked just as zombie-like as I did.
"The boys got us a room across the street, we should go shower, eat, and possibly nap for a couple hours. John is going to come stay in here with Jared while we go," I looked at her, nearly begging.

I couldn't do it without Tessa. She felt my pain. She knew how hard it was to know you could possibly lose something you cared for deeply. And in my case, it just so happened to be multiplied by two. I was facing the loss of my fiance and my only brother. That reminded me to call and confirm that I'd be sending a rental car to meet them at the airport.

Tessa and I hugged, linking arms and walking toward the lobby, John and Pat were waiting in the uncomfortable hospital chairs. We said our goodbyes and hurriedly rushed toward the hotel. We had showered, eaten, and were finally laying down when Tessa's phone buzzed crazily.

We both jumped up, and she answered her phone with lightening speed. The conversation was short but she was ecstatic, screaming and jumping on the bed slipping her shoes on. She was trying to explain he had woken up and was waiting for us. She was crying, and yet grinning simultaneously. We sprinted toward the entrance of the hospital, waiting impatiently for the elevator. We had reached Jared's room quite quickly, his face was pained but was overly joyed to see Tessa. They kissed long and hard before he noticed me, my eyes darkened, and the rings around them almost looked like make-up. He frowned and motioned for everyone to leave us in private.

The door clicked shut before I sat in the chair next to him, sighing.

"I'm so happy you're okay," I said quietly, reaching for my brother's hand.
"He's going to be okay," Jared said quietly, his voice hoarse.

I nodded sadly, staring at the clean linoleum checkering every corner of the hospital room floor.

"I love you," He said quietly.
"I love you too," I took a deep breath.
"Sweet dreams, M&M," He ran his hand down my hair.
"Nothing but, Jare," I let a small smile form on my lips.

We always told each other that. Since I could remember, we had always said that phrase and Jared had always called me M&M. We were each other's best friends, and each other's guidance. I motioned for everyone else to come in and I made my way toward Kenny's room, seeing Garrett sitting right where he said he'd be.

I rested my hand on his right shoulder, seeing him look up at me. He stood up and gave me a half-smile, leaving me alone with Kennedy. I stared at him, as I had every hour for the last week.

"I wish you'd wake up and tell me everything would be okay Ken. I wish things like this didn't happen," I whispered staring at his unmoving body.
"I love you so much, and I don't want to live in a world that doesn't have you in it," I said quietly.

I focused my attention on the TV, Family Guy reruns playing ironically. I drowned out the sound and focused on everything running through my brain. My life was virtually worthless without the love of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Feedback would be the bomb! xoxo

Macy.