Status: Stoked.

Give It to Me.

Love me thoroughly.

It had been fourteen days exactly. 2 whole weeks. I tucked my legs against my chest, hearing the TV ejecting low noise. I was exhausted, emotionally and physically.

"It's that time," I heard Garrett whisper softly, laying his hand on my shoulder.

I stood up, placing a gentle kiss on Kennedy's chapped lips. I saddened feeling how cold his skin was, he needed socks most definitely.

"Call me-"
"If anything even changes a little I'll call," He smiled pressing his lips against my temple.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around myself, I knew I smelled a little disgusting and my hair was matted and growse. But I still felt helpless and broken as I walked toward the elevator. I had spent hundreds of dollars on a hotel room, and eating wasn't even on my mind half of the time.

The tried to bring a psychiatrist in to talk to me, but I wasn't feeling it. All I wanted was my fiance back. That was the only thing that would help me. I waited for the traffic to die down before crossing the street, it was near freezing. The temperature was so low things were icing over.

I entered the hotel lobby, smiling at the receptionist who gave me a sad sympathetic smile. I turned down the hallway and opened my room door, I was happy room service had cleaned my room and changed the sheets. I immediately locked myself in the bathroom, letting the scheduled tears fall down my face as I sat in the bathtub, letting the shower head spit water over my sobbing body. My parents had come and gone, and having my Mom and Dad around gave me some kind of stability. Watching Jared get released from the hospital was the only positive thing that had happened since I had arrived in Missouri.

I finally ran out of tears and stood to take care of cleansing my hair and body. I wrapped myself in the fluffy, clean robe, and let myself out of the steam of the bathroom. I switched the TV on for background noise and began searching through my clothes to find something clean. I decided on wearing Kennedy's favorite pajama bottoms I had broughten for him and his old Middle School soccer team jersey. I pulled on my big jacket and combed through my hair slowly, feeling the strands pull against my scalp. I zipped up my jacket and slipped on my socks and boots before stepping out of the room and making my way down the hallway. The receptionist gave another sympathetic nod and waved half-heartedly at me as I left the lobby.

It was like a never-ending routine. I waited for traffic. I showered. I watched the receptionist pour out sympathy. I drank black coffee. I watched Family Guy. I sat at Kenny's side until Garrett forced me to leave. It never stopped. It was what filled my days and nights, and since Garrett and I were the only remaining ones in Missouri, he had became my person to lean on.

He was strong when I couldn't be, and my caretaker when I was too weak to do things for me. He had gotten on me about losing weight over the passed weeks, and had encouraged me to sleep more. He was exactly what I needed during the trying period. He was there with encouraging words and endless support. He waited on his toes for Kennedy to awake with me, and listened to my stupid stories about Kennedy and I's past.

I routinely made it up the elevator, and stepped out onto the second floor. The dreary setting was all that welcomed me, monotoned voices over the intercom calling and paging this person or that person. I passed Jared's old room, seeing a new patient in there, reading a book. I had come to figure out that labor and delivery happened to be on the same floor as Kennedy's room. So when Garrett forced me into taking a walk I would spend minutes staring at the newborn babies through the huge clear glass window.

It was bittersweet seeing all the babies. Kennedy and I had just talked about having kids together. We wanted that together more then anything. We wanted to marry each other and live a happy life with healthy children. The idea of that possibly being taken away broke my heart everytime. It wasn't fair that terrible things like this could and did happen to happy and good people.

I was shaken by a doctor hurriedly entering into Kenny's room, I put the pedal to the medal and sprinted into Kennedy's room. I was relieved to see that nothing was happening but his tubes were being switched for clean and new ones. My heart rate returned to normal and I watched as Garrett turned away from the somewhat gruesome sight playing out in front of him. He walked passed me and toward the elevator.

I sat in the uncomfortable chair that outlined my butt perfectly. The doctor and nurse left quickly, taking the old tubes with them.

"So Ken I was thinking that when you get out, we should go see that new zombie movie that's coming out, it looks so scary," I kissed his chest softly.

I fished out the socks I had brought with me from home for him and slid them onto his feet. He looked terrible, his hair greasy and his scruff wild and untamed. His lips were so chapped, and trying to put chapstick on was one of the biggest challenges I'd come to face over the last two weeks.

I climbed onto the bed next to him, nuzzling my face into his cast-covered arm. It was about as close as I could get to him.

"I miss you, I wish you'd come back to me already," I whispered lacing my fingers into his.

I nearly threw up upon feeling a little movement in his fingers. I shot up, seeing his eyes slightly open. I could feel my stomach flipping and burning and stretching seeing his eyes flutter slightly.

He was back. After exactly fourteen days, he was finally back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! I got SO many new subs I almost died!! I love you all and hope to see some feedback! xoxo