Status: Stoked.

Give It to Me.

Love me passionately.

I was freshly showered and dressed in clean clothes for the first time in nearly a whole week. I felt alive, and staring at myself in the mirror made me realize it was time to show Kennedy I was okay.

I hurriedly crossed the street, the snow on the ground proving it was slightly chilly. I finally relaxed once inside the hospital elevator. Kennedy still hadn't gotten his voice back, but the doctor's were saying either today or tomorrow the pain in his throat would be soothed enough for him to talk.

I so desperately wanted to hear him say my name, tell me he loved me, he wanted to go home. I just wanted to hear his voice. I rounded the corner and walked into his room, he sat up drinking a cup of coffee. His hair was significantly longer than it was when I first arrived in Missouri.

I smiled and pressed my lips against his, savoring the taste of the coffee and his morning breath. It was still like a new sensation kissing Kenny, my heart was beating fast and my stomach in knots at the sight of his smiling face.

"Did you miss me?" I kissed his cheek, letting a finger run down his face gently.

He nodded and nodded to his casted legs, asking me to adjust them and sit next to him. I moved them over and sat next to him, he set down his cup of coffee and put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"How does your throat feel?" I asked letting my fingers brush the base of his throat.

His head went left and right a few times signaling it felt decent. I sighed and snuggled into his side, I had to remember not to rush it. I was so thankful he was even alive and conscious.

"I miss Gary," I said quietly, it had been almost a week since he had left.

While he was in Missouri he was my right hand man, helped me with anything I needed and kept me company when Kennedy was sleeping. He had been there unconditionally for weeks. I smiled and flipped through the channels, finally settling on the raunchy Maury show. Kennedy's nurse walked in with his tray of lunch and pulled his table toward us, uncovering the plate. The food was awesome in the hospital, Kennedy had no problem chowing down.

The nurse also gave him a cup of hot black tea and some milk and sugar which he gladly accepted. I snuggled into his side tightly, taking in his scent. He smelt like hospital soap, highly unappealing; but on him the scent was inviting and warm.

"I love you," I said quietly kissing his jaw.
"I love you."

I froze and stared up at him, tears threatening my eyes. A lump was forming in my throat and he was staring at me, grinning. I sat up and threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly, kissing his lips repeatedly.

"Ken," I was sobbing heavily.
"Shh," His voice was hoarse and scratchy but masculine and sweet.
"I'm so happy and relieved you're here with me. I love you so much," I was crying and he just hugged me.

He kissed my temple softly and tried to hug me back the best he could. I pulled away and stared at his stubbled face, his eyes tired and his smile bright. I pressed my lips to his softly and paused, I so badly felt the desire burn in me. I pulled away and he was smiling tiredly, a spark in his eye steadily burning.

My breath was shallow and my legs weak and trembling, but I shook my head softly. He sighed and looked at me sadly.

"Ken, your legs and broken, you have one free hand, and tons of bruises and stitches," I felt sad reciting his injuries.
"Come on," He said hoarsely, kissing me.
"Kennedy Brock," I giggled and shook my head.
"Ma-," His voice was gone.
"Shh, drink some tea, that's enough talking for today," I handed him his mug, "I see the accident didn't damper your libido," I pat his shoulder softly.

I felt my phone vibrate softly and I looked down, seeing Garrett's name across the screen. I slid a finger across the screen delicately and propped the phone against my ear.

"Hello?"
"My spidy senses are tingling," He said quickly.
"He got his voice back for a little while!" I said excitedly.
"Can't they just discharge him already?! We miss you two!" He whined.
"I can't wait to bring him home," I sighed.
"Sorry, I'll try to be more patient. I just get so anxious," He said quietly.
"Thank you Gare. And thank you for everything you've done for us," I spoke happily.
"Don't thank me. I know you guys would do it for any one of us."
"Repeatedly if I needed to."
"Call me if anything changes."
"You sound like me."
"I learn from the best," He said before clicking off the line.

I stared at a sleeping Kennedy. He was exhausted, his body was working overtime to try and heal. He was snoring lightly and I pushed his small lunch table away from him, pulling his blanket across his body and sitting in the faux-leather chair next to his bed.

I had to have faith that we'd be okay. That we would be able to pull through this and continue on with the plans we had before his accident. Because without my faith, we'd fall short.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Sorry it has taken so long, I've been so freaking busy. But I love all of you and hope you don't hate me! Enjoy this short little exciting filler :]