Status: Stoked.

Give It to Me.

Love me cosmically.

Hearing Kenny speak had easily become one of my favorite things. The pronunciation of every syllable and his awkward pauses between sentences made me swoon. My fiance had become everything I lived for, hearing his voice and running my hands through his growing hair was comfort to me.

I stared up at the doctor who walked into Kenny's room grinning ear to ear. Something I had learned about the doctor's at Ozarks Community Hospital was the doctor's genuinely and deeply cared for their patients. Our doctor had easily became close to Kennedy and I, and had spent a lot of his time trying to make us feel hopeful and positive. So seeing his happy grin could've meant a number of things.

"Hi Kennedy," He nodded and Ken, "Macy," He smiled.
"Hi," I said quietly, a small smile adorning my face.
"I thought you guys should be the first to know about these," He set down some papers on Kennedy's pull up table.

I let my eyes wander to the table and my eyes scanned the papers, seeing the word 'dischargement' several times. I squealed happily and hugged Kenny.

"You guys will be out of here by noon," The doctor said happily.
"Thank you!" I jumped up and hugged him.
"You're very welcome, I better get lots of wedding pictures!" He smiled hugging me back.

The doctor explained the paperwork and I began filling them out for Kennedy immediately. I wanted to be on the next flight out of Missouri and back to Arizona.

"I think you're more excited than I am," Kennedy nuzzled his face in my hair.
"I can't wait to get home to our apartment and hopefully marry you as soon as I can," I said quietly looking at him.
"Did you think I changed my mind or something? I still fully plan on you being my wife," He answered confidently.

I took a breath of relief.

"This just gave me a million more reasons to make you my wife. I know you'll stick by my side through thick and thin. I think our times of running from each other are over," He kissed behind my ear softly.

I closed my eyes and let his voice resonate in my ears and brain. I handed him the pen,bringing his hand to my lips and kissing it before pointing to where he needed to sign.

We were truly out at 11:56 A.M. as the doctor had spoken and I had booked a really expensive flight for 3 P.M. I immediately informed Garrett and he texted me back quickly, clearly excited, agreeing to pick us up from the Phoenix airport.

We waited at the Springfield/Branson airport for our flight, as patient as someone who hasn't been home in over a month could be. Kennedy was in a lot of pain and really restless at my side.

"You want some pain meds? They'll knock you out," I said quietly to a uncomfortable Kennedy.
"No, I just didn't realize once I left it would be this painful," He was squeezing his eyes shut in pain.
"I'm sorry baby," I apologized quietly, running my fingernails against his thigh trying to comfort him. He was wheelchair bound for several weeks, if not months the doctor said. His casts wouldn't be removed until a doctor in Arizona said it was fine.

I handed Kenny his favorite pillow and watched sadly as he tried to cope with the pain. I wanted to cry right there in the airport, watching him suffer. My poor man had done nothing to deserve such pain and suffering. I frowned and leaned forward, kissing his lips tenderly. He relaxed, letting his hands rest in my hair, our foreheads pressed together.

"Our plane should be here any minute, Ken," I tried to reassure him.

On queue our flight was called and I helped Kennedy onto the plane. We were thousands of feet in the air and the flight seemed to breeze by due to my excitement. It felt so nice seeing the Arizona sunset as we touched down in Phoenix. We moved as quickly as we could with wheelchair and made our way to baggage claim where our bags came rather quickly for once.

I yelped seeing Garrett, speeding toward him I hugged him tightly. Gary hugged Kenny tightly, and Kennedy was grinning.

"I'm so happy you guys are home!" He said happily.
"We're happy to be home too," I bit my lip and carried our bags tucking them into Garrett's trunk and helped Ken into the passenger's seat before climbing into the back.

The drive to our apartment was relatively short and thinking about having to trudge up those stairs with Kennedy who was of limited mobility was a challenge. I was so thankful seeing Jared waiting outside for us, Tessa clinging to his side. By the grace of God, Gary and Jared managed to carry Kennedy's wheelchair with him in it up the stairs and helped him into our room. Kennedy was quiet and clearly wasn't into it.

I shut the door quietly behind me and climbed in behind him, wrapping my arms around him and moving closer.

"What's wrong, babe?"

He sighed and I realized he was crying.

"Baby, are you okay?" I sat up looking at him.
"I'm fucking worthless," He wiped his face.

I swore right then my heart cracked in half. Seeing my poor fiance in tears, and feeling so down in the dumps.

"Hey, stop," I wiped his face and turned him on his back.

I climbed ontop of him, sitting tall.

"I love you so much. You are the strongest, bravest person I know Kennedy. We all admire and love you more than ever. So what you can't walk for a few weeks, it'll be okay, we'll figure it all out, okay?" I whispered kissing his salty lips softly.
"None of this was supposed to happen. We were supposed to be newlyweds," He said quietly.
"But it happened and now we have to deal with it," I ran my hands through his short hair, seeing how pleased he was.

For you, I will walk a thousand miles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Kind of short but I am so in love with this pair. Feedback would be lovely! xoxo