Status: Stoked.

Give It to Me.

I get the feeling you don't know.

Walking up the the Chuck E. Cheese's made me feel lots of different feelings. I could smell the stuffy feet smell that always filled the establishment, followed by the anxiety and nervousness of seeing my soon to be husband and his toddler son. I had to have my hand stamped with the florescent glow in the dark stamp before letting my eyes wander around the sea of games.

I spotted him from a distance, seeing his skinny stick legs hanging down behind what I presumed was Dakoda, though the child was completely hidden. My heart sank into my stomach, he looked around and I could see mini Converse adorning little feet.

Kennedy could sense my gaze, turning around to meet my eyes from about a hundred feet away. I tried to smile, but the pain of the knife in my gut was twisting and turning in anxiety as Dakoda finally stepping out from behind Kenny's wheelchair.

He was beautiful, his eyes were the same milky chocolate brown as Kennedy's and his skin nearly the same tone. His chin was slightly pointed and he had that same crooked smile and thin gap as Kennedy. I could've burst into tears there in that moment, staring at mini-Kennedy Brock broke my heart.

"Hi," He hugged me slightly, his scent smelt foreign, it wasn't his cheap generic body soap he normally used.

He looked as perfect as ever, his smile wide and youthful, and his hair hanging slightly in his face. He looked down, my gaze followed, a huge lump in my throat.

"Hey bud, this is Macy," He looked up at me, "Macy this is Dakoda."

I knelt down slightly, extending my hand and he grabbed it softly, his hand so small and soft, "Nice to meet you Dakoda."
"Can you call me Koda?" He asked, a small lisp was present in his speech.
"Of course, I can."
"Mommy says daddy has a wife, is that you?" Boy was he honest, definitely one of Gabby's traits.

I looked at Kennedy, he smiled slightly, "Yeah buddy."

Koda smiled and said nothing more but pushed Kennedy around to different games forcing him to play with him. I grinned when he handed me his tickets, asking me to hold them for safe keeping. He was the spitting image of Kennedy, it was still heart-breaking.

I followed Kennedy's gaze to a table where the pizza was being set down. I followed them and sat across from Koda and Kenny. I had forgotten how much I hated the pizza at Chuck E. Cheese's, it tasted like cardboard and grease. I ate one slice slowly, I don't think any parent brought their kids for the pizza surely.

Kennedy's soft eyes met mine, and he was apologizing profusely. I wanted to run my hand across his face, taste his lips against mine, tell him how much I loved him. I was surprised when he extended his hand to me, but settled for it instead of my previous thoughts.

"Garrett should be showing up soon," Kennedy informed me.
"Should I ask?"
"I wanted a couple minutes for us to talk."

On queue Garrett walked in, arms full of presents. I smiled, Gary had always been a huge kid. His excitement would be seeing how excited Koda would be. Sure enough Dakoda had raced off into the distance, crashing into Garrett's legs excitedly.

Gary smiled at me as he set down the mountain of presents on the table, and he kissed the top of my head softly. This could also be recognized as him telling me he was proud of me for setting aside my differences.

"Come on, let's go kick some ass!" Gary swept Koda into his arms.

Kennedy brought my hand to his lips and kissed it softly.

"I was starting to forget what that felt like," He said bashfully.

I reached across the table, pressing my hand to his face softly. His eyes shut tightly, he had loved my touch since his accident so much more than he had before.

"Thank you for coming, I know it isn't easy for you."
"I love you, and I want to work this out," I said quietly.
"Oh baby," He said happily, "kiss me please? I'm kind of restrained here."

I laughed softly and got up, sitting his lap pressing a long soft kiss against his lips.

"I love you so much," He nuzzled his face into my neck.

I ran my fingers through his hair and followed his gaze to Dakoda who was running toward us. I stood up and resumed my seat at the table, Dakoda shoving his handfuls of tickets in my directions.

"Wow, you're awesome at these games!" I said happily.
"Uncle Gary won them for me, I want to get that," He pointed to the very top item on the prize shelf, a tea set.
"A tea set?"
"My mommy loves tea, I'm sure she would love to have those pretty cups!" He said excitedly.

My heart was warm, he was giving like Kennedy. He would give all his hard work to see his mom happy, even from a mini tea set that costs 15,000 tickets.

"Daddy, Mommy would love that wouldn't she?" He questioned happily.
"Yeah buddy, she would," I felt sad knowing that Kennedy knew that much about Gabby.

He rushed off again, and I looked at Kenny sadly, "you'll come home right?"
"I think I should stay with him a few more weeks, Gabby's heading out on some volunteer trip to Nebraska and Kentucky for a couple weeks."
"He's going to stay with you?"
"Yeah for the first time she's going to leave him with me."
"Well come home and bring him, I'll help you," I said honestly looking at his wheelchair.
"I'll talk to her about it."
"Physical therapy soon?" I asked.
"I'll go," He smiled softly, reaching for my hand again.

I would do whatever I had to help his relationship with his son, as his almost-wife I owed him that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! xoxo