Status: Stoked.

Give It to Me.

It was your world baby and I just lived in it.

I sucked in a mouthful of air as the dress designer pulled the strings to the corset that was laced into my newly finished wedding dress. I watched as my mom looked at my apologetically, and I took another deep breath before the last notch was tightened and the dress was tightened. Finally I felt the strings being tied into a tight bow and the back of my dress being zipped. I turned to look at myself in the mirror and instantly my breath caught in my throat.

My eyes were moist as I covered my mouth and my eyes widened, I looked beautiful. I looked at my mom who was in tears and also covering her mouth in the same fashion.

"Baby, you look so beautiful," She laughed and wiped her eyes, sending lines of eyeliner across her face horizontally.
"Thanks Momma," I smiled and looked at the dress designer.
"You like?" She questioned happily.
"Like it? I love it!" I exclaimed ecstatic.

My mom looked at me and immediately dug in her purse, handing my father's credit card to the designer.
"Ma-" I stopped her and she shook her head.
"Your father won't let me come back home if I don't follow his orders," She cut me off.
"Mom, please, the dress is going to be at least six thousand," I tried to reason with her.
"I don't want to hear it Macy," She handed the card to Mrs. Renaldo and shooed her away.
"Sweetie, let your father have his part in this, okay? He wanted to do this more than anything," She continued to explain.

I nodded my head and waited for Mrs. Renaldo to return and help me out of my tight dress. Within ten minutes my mother and I were headed back to my child home with lunch in hand. We pulled into the driveway, I put the car in park and we walked up the long driveway opening the screen-door and letting ourselves into the pale yellow house.

My dad looked at us, a soft smile plastered on his face, "Hey Punkin'."
"Hi Daddy," I placed a kiss on his cheek and hugged him tightly.
"Thank you," I whispered clinging to him.
"You're my little girl, I wish I was paying for the entire thing," He chuckled.
"I'm glad you're not, Pops."
"Why can't you be traditional? Follow tradition?" He shook his head softly, laughing to himself.

I smiled and shrugged, walking through the hallway to my old room and threw myself onto the bed. I sighed deeply as I looked at the wall that once held only one new picture, it was now plastered with at least three hundred pictures. I jumped slightly as my phone began to ring, I dug it out of my pocket hitting answer.

"Hello?"
"Hey baby," Kennedy's soothing voice.
"Hey," I sunk deeper into my bed.
"Where are you? My bed is cold without you," He whined.
"Welllll," I drew out the word, "My mom wanted to have lunch and attend the last dress fitting with me."
"So are you at the house now?" He questioned.
"That I am," I pulled the blanket over my body.
"Alright, well, did you want to meet me for dinner tonight? Or did you want to come home and I'll make dinner for us?"
"Whatever you want, babe," I was grinning.
"Then just come home and dinner will be made by the time you get home," He said, his voice softening more and more after each word.
"I love you," I whispered.
"I love you more," He chuckled, his voice still soft as a pile of feathers.

I kicked the blankets off of me and placed my feet onto the floor. I stood and began walking down the stairs as I heard my mother and father engaging in conversation.
"Rich, I know, but she wants to do it on her own, you can't pressure her."
"Damn it Margaret, you need to talk to her," He was overly frustrated.
"Please stop worrying Richard, you're going to get sick," She tried to soothe my father.

I stopped in the middle of the stairway, sitting upon one of the steps.

"I'm fine," He snapped angrily.

I heard my mother sigh and walk into the kitchen, I stood and made my way down the rest of the staircase. I smiled at my parents and said my goodbyes.
"Ken's cooking dinner for us tonight," I explained.
"Okay Punkin, tomorrow I want you to come over so we can talk wedding talk," My dad looked at me through his lensed glasses.
"Daddy," I looked down.
"Eh eh," He placed a hand in the air and I closed my mouth.
"Bye Ma," I kissed her fragile cheek and made my way out the front door.

Image


"I've been thinking, should I invite my Dad to the wedding?" Kennedy shoveled a large forkful of spaghetti into his mouth.
"That's up to you my love," I shrugged.
"I mean, part of me wants to. And Byron has been encouraging me to, but I don't want my Mom to feel uncomfortable, you know?"
"Ken, this day is about you, I don't think your Mom would be selfish and take any of the focus off of you," I took a bite of the fresh garlic bread.
"Well it's our day, and I know, I just don't want any problems to arise."
"You'll figure it out," I smiled across the kitchen table at him.
"Only fifteen days," He reminded me.
"I know, then we'll be Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy Brock."
"I love the sound of that," He stood and placed his empty plate into the dishwasher.
"As do I," He leaned my head back and connected our lips upside down.
"The guys are so excited too, it's such an amazing feeling to have all my friends excited about it."

I watched him ramble on excitedly for another ten minutes. I couldn't keep my grin from my face as I watched my husband to-be talk about our wedding that was officially two weeks away. Jared made his way out of his room, his eyes making his hours of sleep apparent.
"Hey M&M," He kissed my cheek, using my childhood nickname.
"Hi Jare," I looked at him questioningly.
"She's here," He said quietly.
"Sleeping?"
"Yeah, she tired herself out last night," He scratched the back of his head.
"She's going to have a mean hangover," I blinked several times.
"She's not going to remember a fucking thing," He pulled out a bowl and the cereal, followed by the milk.
"Did you take her back?" I whispered.
"I had no other choice," He said quietly.
"Jare," I stood up and looked at Kennedy, he took the hint and made his way into his room.

Jared sat at the table and looked at me, his fiery orange hair sticking every which way and I smiled sadly.
"Give her a break," I whispered.
"I've tried, I've tried to forget, forgive, erase. And any other verb you could think of."
"It's hard being here without your other half, trust me."
"Uh this is where you guys confuse me, do you guys think it's easy for us to be away from you?" He questioned, "It's hard as fuck. And we miss you just as much if not more than you miss us."
"Jared, please, I hate the shit she's done to you, trust me. But I know she deserves a second chance. People can learn from their mistakes, I made a whole bunch with Kennedy, and look where we are now."
"I'm shocked your advocating for her."
"I'm advocating her, not that shit she's done. I know how it is to be wrong, and I know how hard it is to get a second chance."
"Well I'm gonna try, but I'll of course promise nothing with her."

I nodded and hugged him, he kissed my forehead softly. Kennedy was showering when I returned to his room, and I began to undress making sure to replace my clothing with the finest lingerie I had. I knew he would be incredibly excited when he seen I was just as eager to feel his body against mine.

"Oh my God," Kennedy nearly growled looking at my petite body against his bleach white bed-set.
"Thank you for giving me a second chance," I whispered as Kennedy pressed our bodies closer.
"You're the only girl I could spend the rest of my life with," He began unbuckling the thin top that adorned my upper body.

And that night, we made love like we had never done before. It washed away all my insecurities and worries, combining the two of us in the most intimate of ways. It confirmed just how much we really loved each other and the fact that marrying each other was the only experience left for us to experience as a couple.