You Make Me Smile

Chapter Two

Image


A couple weeks later after getting Beau’s number from Ray, we found out just how much we had in common; a love for reading, musical abilities, humour, dreams...
It was easy to say that this cute Southern fella had managed to snuggle up into my heart and stay there. Which was strange because never before had someone gotten stuck in my heart so quickly, not even my most recent ex boyfriend who I had lost my virginity to.
We joked all the time with each other and it felt like we’d known the other for more than a couple weeks. So it didn’t really shock me when he came back home with Raymond for Christmas.
Beau said it was because he wanted to see me, Ray said it was because he had no family.

Christmas day after all the presents were opened and while Mom cooked dinner as Dad watched TV and Ray went out to catch up with some buddies, it left Beau and I only in the upstairs lounge playing video games and listening to music.
It was after a particularly amazing kill of a zombie on my part and I was boasting especially loudly when our eyes connected. I know, I know cheesy to the max.
But still true.
Forgetting that we had the controllers in our hands, we leaned in closer and closer until I could feel his breath on my neck. The smell that rolled off him in waves was that off chocolate axe, perspiration from hard work, and paint.
Leaning in closer, our lips gently met and I could feel him smiling as I closed my eyes. His lips were fuller than mine and nibbled gently on my bottom lip as I softly moaned.
A few moments later we broke apart.
I blushed a deep red and could feel my cheeks burning.
“I-I di-didn’t me-mean to d-do that,” I stammered backing up, but Beau grabbed my wrist and pulled me close.
“Don’t be,” he whispered pulling me back to him as his hands traveled through my hair and I melted.

The boys had a long-ish winter vacation so they stayed at the house while I went to school and my parents worked.
Since neither had job, Beau would usually borrow Raymond’s car and pick me up from school so we could spend some private time together. Raymond didn’t mind either, he didn’t have to deal with his baby sister and he could get some extra time to sleep.
Not that he didn’t sleep all day anyhow.
“Hey cutie,” I smiled at Beau as I got into the old, beaten up car and threw my books onto his lap.
He rolled his eyes while putting the books in the backseat.
“How was school gorgeous?” he kissed my cheek before before backing up.
I shrugged, “Good, I guess. School is school after all.”
This caused Beau to crack up for some reason as we pulled out of the school driveway and started heading to God knows where. Beau was spontaneous like that, he loved taking me out for surprises after I finished with school for the day. He especially liked taking me to the park where he insisted that we picnic even though it was only January.
I loved it, even though I’d protest to no end about it.
Yet that made it only better.
When we pulled on to the side of the road where the park was, I pulled my coat tightly around me so that it wouldn’t affect me too much while Beau got the basket from the back seat along with the blanket.
“You warm enough like that babe?” He asked looking at me sweetly while I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. “We can go grab another coat for you if you want.”
“Don’t worry about it Beau, I’m fine.”
Getting out of the car, I blew into my hands in an attempt to keep warm while I let Beau lead me to our favorite picnic spot. As the cold air blew onto my cheeks turning them bright pink and my copper blond curls froze in their place.
“Fan, c’mon let’s go.” Beau said pulling on my hand laughing while I pretty much waddled after him like a penguin. “We don’t have all day babe.”
Chewing my lip, I followed after him my eyes wide and smiling.
I hadn’t been so happy with one person in a very long time. That was easy, and more than fair, to say. I’d been through some pretty indecent guys who made me feel like shit and here was someone who was willing to like me for me.
After Beau set the blanket on the ground we had both sat down and started to unpack when he suddenly looked up at me and smiled.
“Fan, I have to tell you something.”
“Okay, shoot.” I said still pulling stuff out not looking.
“You have to look at me though.”
Turning to look at him, I aw him take a deep breath before continuing.
“Fancy Lynette Carpenter, I know it’s only been a few weeks but honestly these past few weeks have been the best weeks of my life. I didn’t have the best family growing up and I doubted I’d ever find anyone who would care about me. But then I met your brother and he showed me a picture of you, and I knew when I saw that picture that you were something special. I wanted to know you,” At this point he grinned. “So when your brother fell asleep I would sometimes steal his phone and text you so I could know you better. When Thanksgiving came around and I met you in person, I knew I’d been right about you. You were absolutely perfect.” He took another breath as his green eyes bore into my blue ones. “Everything about you drives me crazy Fan, from the way you look when you read to the way you say my name. Fancy I really like you, I never thought that I’d ever love someone like I love you.”
I gasped at that.
“Fancy, I never met anyone that makes me feel this way. You make me smile more than anyone ever could. I love you Fancy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter:)