Status: Active.

Jar of Hearts

Chapter 1

I looked up from the notebook I was diligently drawing in. There was a boy walking into the library breathless definitely who caught my attention. He looked disgruntled, like he'd just run a race or to dirty minds, had sex with someone.

He glanced quickly around the room and grinned when his eyes landed on me. I grimaced and avoided eye contact by shoving my nose back into my doodle. I acted like the intricate swirls were the most fascinating thing I could be concentrating on. I was very good at it if I must say so myself, but apparently not good enough seeing as he preceded to walk towards me. I was overly aware of every agonizing step he took closer to me. Each time his toe came down and he neared I flinched dramatically. When he slipped into the bench, I was on red alert. I was ready to stab my pen in his eye, although I doubt it's come to that with all these witnesses around.

"Hey sweetheart, " he whispered throatily into my ear. That voice sent shivers down my spine and I felt my hair stand twelve feet into the air.

"Why don't you tell me your name?"

His lips brushed against my ear and I knew he had the inclination to take it between his teeth. He grasped a strand of my hair with his fingers and twirled delicately. He thought he was being seductive, but rather, he was just plain creepy.

"I'm sure that'd make you happy, but I have no idea who you are," I said, my voice wavering. Not mentioning the fact that I'd swallowed the lump in my throat first.

"Honey, it's just your name I'm asking, not a sexual favor,” he said sketchily. I had a sneaky suspicion that he did want a favor, but he wasn’t going to come out and say it…yet. I think he expected me to swoon and offer one. That was never going to happen. I’m a lot of bad things, but I’m not a whore.

It was kind of funny that I never had guys coming onto me so this one’s attention towards me was slightly flattering. At the same time I knew he’d probably go after anything he thought was a woman. So in that aspect it was extremely degrading, but overall it was just creepy.

“Well, I think you should fuck off,” I muttered, going more and more detailed into my drawing. It was starting to look like a wall of vines that wanted to suck you in. Then my pen no longer made any marks on the paper and I realized it was no longer in my hand.

“Hey! Give that back!”

“I find it very agitating that you think your little drawing is more important than me. I’m probably one of the best people you’ll ever meet in your life,” he said with a cocky air.

“I’m sure you are, now can I have my pen back?” I was starting to get really fed up about this guy.

He sighed and handed me my pen, but I found I wouldn’t be left alone when his arm snaked around my waist.

“Have you ever heard of personal space? Because you’re invading mine,” I spat, gathering my stuff and moving to another table. To my dismay the ass followed me. I was about to kill him. I hate people touching me and he had crossed a boundary. It was bad enough that he was verbally challenged when it came to saying something right, but then when he can’t even stay in his own space? That’s when I hate someone. I dislike you, unless you cross my lines. This boy, in less than 40 minutes was already on my bad side. And that’s really somewhere you don’t want to be.

“Is there a reason you’re so interested in me? Did you make a bet with your friends? Do you feel like you need to conquer every girl in sight to keep your ego intact? Or are you just a natural born ass?”

His fists clenched but his face remained in that unattractive grin.

“Spunky…I like it.”

I twisted up my face into an ugly grimace and packed everything into my bag.

“Well mystery-man, I hope not to see you later,” I said contemptuously, leaving the library with the librarian calling after me. I faintly heard him yelling that his name was Dane or Darren or something of the like. I couldn’t really make it out and I didn’t feel the need to ponder over it. In fact, I thought it’d be better if I let him slip from my mind. Oh boy was I wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've decided to switch point of veiws and I will try to update every Tuesday. Please comment and subsribe. :)