Status: Active! :)

Shine On

Chapter 10

Harper invited their friends Kaylee and Jess over to join them. They spent the entire day together watching movies, dancing 90’s pop music, eating ice cream out of the tub, you name it, they probably did it. Harper tried her best to make it a really good day, especially for Mel. She was still remorseful for spending so much time with Rupert the last few days. She always hated when her friends did that to her, now she was turning into that person. She needed to do this with her best friend. She needed to make up for it. Whenever Rupert had a minute, which wasn’t often, he would text her. When her phone would vibrate, her heart skipped a beat and she would smile like an idiot. Her friends teased her about it every time, except for Mel. She would give Harper a knowing smile.

Night came and all the girls cuddled up together in their pajamas watching The Notebook. Why this movie appealed to them, Harper had no idea. All it did was make them jealous of the girl and sob through most of the movie. But Melody, Kaylee, and Jess all voted to watch it, so Harper obliged. She was more than happy to answer the door when they heard a knock, anything to get away from the sob fest.

Her breath was taken away for a moment when she opened to door to Rupert. He stood there awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. Her face lit up. She joined him the hallway and closed the door behind her, so she wouldn’t disturb the others.

“What are you...” She started to whisper when Rupert’s lips smashed into hers. She felt his hands squeeze her hips, then gradually lead her back so she was against the wall. She took the hem of his shirt in her hands and drew him closer to her. He licked her bottom lip before sliding his tongue into her mouth. She did the same after. She instantly started feeling hot. Her hands remained tugging on his shirt whenever the kiss got more intense. She prayed silently that no one would come looking for her. She knew she wouldn’t hear the end of it, plus, she didn’t want anyone interrupting this alluring greeting. He ended the kiss and rested his forehead on hers. The both of them were breathing heavily.

“Hello to you too.” Harper breathed smirking at him.

He smirked as well. “I missed you.”

Her smirk stretched into a grin. She felt her stomach do a flip. She tugged on his shirt again in delight. “Likewise.” She whispered. “We’re having a girl’s night right now, but I’ll come over when they go to sleep.”

Their heads turned towards the door when they heard the nob jiggling. They couldn’t move away from each other fast enough. Rupert shoved his hands in his pockets while Harper tried to contain herself.

Harper’s friend, Jess’s head popped out of the door way. “I found her!” She yelled so the other girls could hear her. Then she noticed Rupert standing there. “Is this the boy whose texts you were orgasming over?” Harper gasped and her face instantly turned red, a pretty bright red she was sure. She glanced over at Rupert whose face matched hers.

Melody’s head appeared in the doorway next to Jess’s. “Where have you been?! Oh hello there, Rupert Grint.” She greeted in a devious tone. He gave her uncomfortable wave. Harper covered her face with her hands. She tried to imagine another place she could be right now, maybe if she thought hard enough, she would magically appear there.

Just when she thought things couldn’t get even more embarrassing, Kaylee came to join the them in the hallway as well. Harper moved her hands down so only her eyes were visible. “What the hell are you...Oh, Harper’s boy is here! Now the party’s out here.” Harper breathed in sharply and covered her face again trying to bottle every word and emotion going on inside her. She couldn’t bare to look at Rupert. She expected him to run away from them any moment now. She was considering doing it herself.

“Oh! You should join us!” Mel suggested cheerfully.

“No!” Harper blurted out. She couldn’t take any further embarrassment. The three girls looked at her with shocked expressions. “Um...he has a busy day tomorrow. You know, with interviews and famous people things. He was actually about to leave, right?” She explained. Rupert’s face was still red, it was actually kind of cute. She glared at him encouragingly hoping he would go along with her story.

“Oh yeah!” He agreed obediently. Harper sighed with relief.

Jess fake coughed catching everyone’s attention. “That so did not seem like he was about leave. It looked like he wanted to stay for a very long time.” She said with emphasis on the word ‘long’.

“I sure wouldn’t mind if he stayed for a long time.” Kaylee put in seductively, also emphasizing the word ‘long’. Jess agreed and she laughed along with Kaylee.

“You guys!” Mel spoke up. Harper sighed a little with relief. It was about time someone stuck up for her. “Keep it in your pants and stay down, Harper’s the only one who’s allowed to jump his bones. Or should I say wand?” The three girls started giggling.

Harper groaned out in anguish. “Would you guys just shut the fuck up and let the man leave?” Harper glanced over at Rupert again, he was trying to hold back a smile and rubbing his forehead. When their eyes met, he cracked a smile and scrunched his nose. He always knew how to make her smile. She made a fishy face at him in return. She was surprised he wasn’t gone by now. This must have been even worse for him then it was for her. She realized it was now quiet in the hallway. Her friends either ran out of embarrassing things to say or they realized she wanted to be left alone.

“I would have ran for it if I were you.” She told him quietly. If she knew her friends at all, they were listening at the other end of the door.

He shrugged. “I really didn’t want to.”

His reply made her stomach do a summersault. “I’m really sorry about that though. They were totally...” She groaned with frustration.

Rupert came over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Don’t worry about it, love.” He kissed her forehead.

She beamed up at him. “So I’ll come over later tonight?”

“No, you should spend time with them.” He nodded his head towards the door. “We have all day tomorrow.”

She raised her eyebrows with excitement. “Really? You don’t have things to do?”

He smiled. “I do. I have things to do with you.”

He kissed her forehead again before saying goodbye.

Before he was more than an arms distance away from her, she grabbed his hand and pulled him to her. “No, wait.” She whined, placing both hands on either side of his face, and kissing him. She could feel him smiling, but he didn’t take his lips off hers until she pulled away. A low moan escaped her lips. “Okay. You can go now.”

He chuckled before starting to walk away. “No, I can’t.” This time he was the one who pulled her towards him and crashed his lips into hers again. There they stood in the middle of the hallway making out for quite some time.

Harper couldn’t stop herself from giggling which ended the kiss. She gave him a light push. “You need to go. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Brilliant.” He replied with a smirk and walked down the hall. Harper watched until he turned the corner. Then she went back into her apartment, closed the door, and leaned against it smiling. She felt like the luckiest girl in the world. It wasn’t because she got to kiss Rupert Grint. It was because she had someone who could make her smile this much all of the time and she could do the same for them. She couldn’t contain her giddiness.

“Awwww.” She heard all three of her friends coo together. She didn’t even notice that they were standing right near the doorway when she came in.

“I hate you all.” She retorted, still smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter to make up for the long wait for the last one. I am really enjoying the comments I'm getting. Thank you so much. If I get more, we can have an ice cream party. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)