Status: Active! :)

Shine On

Chapter 7

7 months ago

Harper laid awake in bed unable to sleep. She flinched every time she heard a creak or a slight boom anywhere in the house. It had been at least 3 hours since her and Rupert watched the movie Signs. However, she still couldn’t get the imagine of the tall aliens taking her away with them out of her head. She heard two creaks from the corner of the room and she shot up in bed. The room was pitch black, it wasn’t like she could see anything. She scurried across the room and flicked on the light; her heart stopped before realizing there was no one in the room with her. Knowing she wasn’t going to get to sleep anytime soon, she crept out into the kitchen to find something to eat. The house was black as well and she didn’t know Rupert’s house well enough to know where a light would be. She only started staying here a few days ago and his house was huge. She tip toed slowly in the direction of the kitchen in hopes she would find it soon. She heard a sudden creak in the floor again. She stopped dead in her tracks. The creaking continued. All she could think was that the aliens sensed she was thinking about them and were in the house. Someone walked right into her and stepped on her toes at the same time.

“Ow! Fuck!” She yelped. The pain made her forget all about the aliens for a little while.

“Bloody hell!” She heard Rupert’s voice say. Then the room lit up. She saw him standing near a lamp in the living. Her nerves eased. “What are you doing?” He exclaimed.

Embarrassed by her reason, she decided to lie. “Uh...oh nothing. Just walking around.”

“You’re just walking around at three in the morning?” He replied in a disbelieving tone. He didn’t seem too happy to be awake at this hour.

She wasn’t a very good liar. “I’m sorry if I woke you. You see, I was a little freaked out by the movie and I thought I heard an alien come in and then I knew I wasn’t going to get to sleep, so I...” Rupert raised an eyebrow at her. He looked like he was enjoying her story. “It’s not funny! I was really creeped out!” She pleaded.

“How is you thinking aliens were breaking into my house not humorous?” Rupert teased with a chuckle.

Harper frowned and shrugged. He walked over to her and linked his hand with hers. “Come on. My room’s alien-proof.” He led her into his room and shut the door behind him. His room was the same size of the spare bedroom Harper stayed in usually. Except it looked smaller, because of all of the odds and ends he had in there. She was fascinated by how fun it looked in there. “Harp?” He called to her grabbing her attention.

She climbed into his king sized bed. It was so comfortable, yet she felt uneasy. She didn’t know where or how to sleep. She decided to turn onto her side just like she did in her own bed. Then she felt Rupert snuggled up against her backside. His arm slide around her waist. “I think it will be quite difficult for anyone to get you now.” He whispered in her ear.

For a moment, she thought she felt his heart beating quite fast against her back. She couldn’t be sure. What she did know was that she never felt more secure than she did that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
The people who have commented and subscribed, thank you so much :) It makes me happy that people actually read this stuff. If that could continue, that would be delightful.