Status: working

XXX

Two

They sent us to work in their hell they call a home. A mansion built hundreds of years before we arrived. It was a Gothic style, yet it looked nothing like the way they built the church. At the time that was the only thing made in that style.
Inside it was cold and dark. It felt as if all life in the world was at an end. I felt every sin sink in the moment I stepped through the doors.
I was alone in this world; I was stuck in this place.
They walked by me through the halls. Their swords at the ready in case I tried to flee. I knew they wouldn’t kill me even if I did. They want me alive; otherwise they would have slaughtered me like they didmy father. I show no fear to these fiends, yet I am sure they can hear my heart racing inside of me.
As we walked, the air got colder, more still and dead. The hall went on as if for days, or maybe it only felt like that to me. Ahead of us was a door, an iron gate in to the center of hell. I was only yards way from burning in front of the devil himself, in front of his demons, his slaves, his pets.
The gates of hell opened before me. All hope was gone, all life faded, only thing left was fear. Behind the gates was an oval room, red as the blood that ran through my veins, down my face, and dropped on to the floor. I wasn’t the only one to bleed upon this floor; this much could be seen by the things that stood around the closed windows. Every one of them smiled as the droplets splashed on the marble floor.
The ones who led me to this room threw me down in my small puddle of blood. My head hit, and more blood came out, yet I did not make a sound. This only made them try harder. They kicked, they hit, they beat and broke me down, and I still did not scream.
“This one has struck my interest,” A dark voice broke through the room. The monsters stop their game, and turned to the one who spoke.
I did not have the strength to look up. I only sat in my pool of blood listening to their steps come closer to me.
“What is your name, my dear?” They asked.
I could not move my mouth; something held me down to the floor. I could only lie there, shaking out of fear, silently begging to die, asking God what I had done to deserve such a fate.
One of them kicked me harder than they had before, “The master asked you a question,”
“J-…” I chocked out only that much, so much blood spit out of my mouth I could not go on.
“What was that?” I could feel them lean closer.
“Jocelyn,” I said only above a whisper. “Jocelyn Ellwood.”
“Such a pretty name,” They reached down and lifted my face towards them. “Now forget it."
I looked in to their eyes; they were as heartless as any other ones I have seen in the place. Yet, his held something else inside, I am not sure what, but I do not think it’s a good thing. This thing in front of me looked like a man, yet deep inside was the monster that was clawing its way out.
I felt darkness filling inside me. All the life I had was slipping away and on to the floor around me. Death was near for me. Or what I hoped was death.