Status: working

XXX

Four

Emily.

That's my name now. Emily Hikara. I had to take my masters last name, for I am his now. I am his pet, an mere toy for him, just an object like the rest of them. And yet, Master Liam still refuses to show his face. He hinds underneath the hood of his cloak, his mask of
shadows.

He waited til the other man left before he spoke again. "Did they change like the did to the others?"

"Aye, sir," I kept my head down. It's one thing to lose your family, and your life, but your dignity lies in your name. To lost your name is the worst of fates.

"Tell me," Master Liam sat beside me. "What would a girl such yourself have done to endorse such a terrible prison as this?"

"My father was branded and killed as a traitor. It was my mother who was the true traitor and when I learned this, I shot her at my fathers funeral."

"And so they gave the killer daughter of a traitor to the prince?" He laughed slightly at the irony. "To think they wanted me safe. No, they just want me, entertained, as it was,"

"On the contrary I find you quite entertaining," Master made a gesture towards his hood. "Not many girls with looks as yours could even consider the act you did. Yet, you still acted on your feelings in the manner your found best. Perhaps it was fate that brought you to me."

"Many I hold permission to speak freely to you my lord?" Liam nodded to me. "Sir, before you called me, your "bride", surely a mutt such as myself could never marry royalty as you."

Master turned away for a moment. "Aye, I did call you that. But it is not what you think. A princes bride is a classier way of saying mistress."

"So, I am your whore."

"Never, nor a mutt. You are a human born into this unfair world and are simply surviving with the choices we have all made."

"They said I was to be your cleaner, sir. Is that your desire? Or would you wish for me to be something else, my lord." I kneed before him, still sore from my beating last time i spoke out of term.

Master Liam tilted my shin so I was starring in his eye. He had removed the hood of his cloak, and was smiling down at me. A smile no man since my father, has showed me.

"Be what you want me dear child," He said. "I will not mind. Nor will I tell the others about it. I promise you will safe as long as I am by your side."

I had no choice but to believe him. For a man as powerful as himself, he holds good use to change this world from the pit it has become, to something wonderful that we had only heard stories of. His eyes showed something different and kind, they truly wanted to help my broken body, my people, they truly wanted to help me.