Status: one and done

Cheating

one/one

“Babe, where’s my shirt?” I asked the man in the bed that I just got out of.
“I think we left that in the family room, why don’t you just come back to bed?”
“I have to get to work, and unfortunately, I don’t even have time to run home. So I’m doing the walk of shame today. So I really have no time to fool around any longer,” I expressed to him. I was so drunk that I actually forgot his name when he told it to me last night.
“Fine, but only if you promise to come back tonight,” he said as he got out of bed, naked, and wrapped his arms around my waist.
“No can do, I have a boyfriend. I’m really sorry about this, I was so wasted, but I did have a lot of fun.”
“Well, I’m glad I provided entertainment for you at least,” he brushed me off and went to shower. I found my clothes and dressed. I grabbed my purse and keys before leaving his place. I found my way to work and it was there that I learned who my mystery date was.
“Larisa, those are your party clothes. Why are you wearing them to work?” my best friend, Mel, asked me as I waltzed in today.
“I went home with a guy, but you have to promise not to tell Donnie.”
“Tell Donnie what?” Donnie asked. “Are those last night’s clothes?”
“You know what, they are. I was so drunk last night, which I gave the cab driver Mel’s address. It was really stupid, I know. I just forgot our address; I didn’t have any clothes at Mel’s this time either because I wore them all, so I had to go in last night’s.”
“Alright, if you say so. Take your break to go home and change,” he gave me a kiss and I was left with a sigh from Mel.
“How do you get off so easily? You cheat worse than a man,” she scoffed and headed to her cubicle. I followed her.
“Thanks for not saying anything,” I told her.
“I never have. But seriously, do you even remember who you went home with last night?”
“Nope, not at all, but he’s majorly cute.”
“He’s a hockey player.”
“A pro?” was my quick response as I spit out the coffee that I just stole from Mel.
“Yep, a Carolina Hurricane at that, he has three brothers that were there with him and you had to choose him.”
“Why, were the other ones cuter?”
“Not really, but this one has a kid apparently, and a wife,” she turned her computer screen so I could see it. His name was Eric Staal. His wife’s name was Tanya and his son’s name was Parker. I wonder where they were.
“Oh my god, I’m a home wrecker!” I sighed dramatically.
“You didn’t even know who he was, let alone married.”
“He didn’t know I had Donnie, so I guess we are even. I’m going to take my break and lunch break together. Cover for me later, will you?”
“I guess, it’s only because I love you.”
“Love you too,” I left her cubicle and headed to my personal office. I guess sleeping with your boss had its advantages. Donnie promoted me after I promised to move in with him. I live half the time with him and the other half at strangers or Mel’s. I’m a slut, I guess you would say.

“Yo, Eric, where’s the chick you left with last night? I wanted to get a picture of the slut who’s going to ruin your marriage!” my younger brother, Jordan, asked, obviously drunk.
“Jordan, take a cab home, you douche,” I replied. He was such a dumbass. I have no clue why I decided to host my brothers this year. It was supposed to be Marc’s turn, but Tanya and Parker were going away to see her parents, I just thought it would be better. Now I have to explain to my wife that I cheated on her. Shit.
“Dude, what’s wrong? Was it what I said?”
“No, you’re just drunk. Now go home,” I told him and sent him off. I saw Marc approaching me.
“What?”
“Are you going to tell Tanya? I can see how this girl is messing with your mind. She has you more frustrated that Tanya ever has.”
“Eric?” I heard her angelic voice.
“Larisa?”
“Uh, hi. I tried to go by your place, but you weren’t there. So I thought what better place to go than the place I met you. I guess that was lucky.”
“I, um, never expected to see you again.”
“Me either, but I figured out that you are THAT Eric. I just wanted to know why you slept with me if you had a wife and child.”
“I was really drunk. And I guess that my question is why did you sleep with me if you had a boyfriend?”
“I get really drunk and sleep around. It’s kind of a usual thing for me. He, of course, doesn’t know.”
“I see. Um, would you like something to drink?”
“I can’t, I just came to see you.”
“Just have a soda?” I offered.
“I really have to get back to work. I’m really sorry.”
“Come back tonight?”
“Okay, I guess that would be okay.”
“Great, let’s say, nine?”
“It’s a date.”
“It’s a date, see you later.”