Once Upon A Time

chapter A 2

I had just had the lousiest day at work. It had turned out to be the worst Friday since Johnny Upstead had dumped me at the our graduation dance. I was really glad my work day was finished and I was now at home. Sighing to my self, I prepared myself to tidy up before my weekend officially started.

Once done, I grabbed a now full bag of garbage and headed to the dumpster in the parking lot below. I hated the fact that it was at the far side of the lot as it creeped me out to have go that far to just throw out garbage. This was even after they put up security cameras after that hooker had been beaten up and raped there. All the tenants knew it wasn't the beating or the rape that had prompted the new security measure, it was the idea of a hooker doing business in our neighbourhood. For me, I always felt like I was being watched.

As I approached the dumpster I was startled by a pressence to my left. My jumpiness almost made me drop the bag of garbage. I quickly tossed it in the dumpster.

He just stared at me with large green eyes and I soon forgot to be scared as his demeener was not threatening. I felt silly. There was no way I should feel so scared of anything with eyes so gentle.

The last of the sun's rays were dancing highlights in his dark hair.

I smiled and he seemed to wink at me and then took off.

Somehow, I knew I had made a friend.

Over the next few month's we became good friends and learning that he was homeless, I soon shared not only my apartment, but my life with him.