Status: Three people writing, please be patient.

Wasting Away

Beginning- Corabella

Corabella’s POV-

“Corabella Elizabeth James, time for dinner, NOW” that’s all I heard before I slowly closed my laptop from talking to Jamie, and walked downstairs. I remember sitting down to dollar store “T.V Dinners” once more, and I thought I was going to puke. There was meat in mine, and I just pushed it away.

“Eat or you’re going to starve Corabella, now”

“Not like you actually make food anyways” With those words I felt a hard hand grab my arm tightly, and I tried to wriggle away.

“Listen to your mother girl, or you’ll regret it” His hand let go of me as I was thrown to the ground.

“forget you!” I ran to my room with a knife being thrown after me. I remember locking the door, and that’s all I heard besides fighting outside my room. Before I knew it there was banging on my door. I did everything I could to block it out, but eventually just blasted Escape the Fate on my stereo.

“The Sky it opens up, Don’t get swallowed by the flames,
What’s mine is yours, and yours is mine so take me away.
You hear the sounds that carry out, there’s no sympathy for the dead.
It swells and I was never the same, There’s no sympathy for the dead.”


It blew through my room like nothing could stop it and the pounding stopped. I knew it because I finally let out my breath. I heard a ding surprisingly as my phone went off with an update from my favorite website. It was a message from Jamie.

“Still Meeting tonight at the lake?
I hope so, you make me happy, and I’d love to talk
If you can’t make it just let me know,
Talk to you soon love,
Jamie <3”


That made things a little bit better as I grabbed my shirt and slipped it on, Did I mention I was called to dinner shirtless? I guess not. But I signed on once more, and checked through all the messages, and saw one comment on a bikini picture I had from a couple years ago. I checked on them and saw the comment. “Ugly whore” I thought nothing of it, and deleted it as I grabbed my sweatshirt and slipped it on.

“Corabella?” I heard my mom’s ‘sincere’ voice peak through my door. I turned down my stereo

“What do you want Mother? To let your stupid boyfriend molest me again?!” I yelled through the crack.

“You know that’s a lie Cora. I love you and he loves you. He would never do that. And I just want to let you know I’m sorry, I’m trying”

“Sure you are” I wanted to say so much more but I just got up and turned my stereo back on.

“Corabella Elizabeth, What would your father say about this?!” My mother’s shrill voice surpassed my music as I grabbed a razor. This was too much. I turned the music up to ignore her more, and ran the smooth tempting blade over my skin once, twice, three times, and pulled my sleeve over it. I grabbed my phone, and headed to the window, leaving out the window of our two story house, and fell to the ground knocking the breath from me. “oof!” I laied there motionless for moments, it seemed like hours. I pulled myself up, getting another message from Jamie but ignored it as I ran, I ran as fast as I could, then slowed down feeling my blood pumping, and holding my wrist.

I got to the lake just in time as Jamie was turning away. “Jamie stop!” I ran over and hugged him tight, making sure not to get blood on him, as I held the hug.

“What’s wrong sweetheart? You were so late…. Was it mom’s boyfriend again?..”

“don’t speak of it, I have it down, okay? I will deal with it, lets just worry about tonight” I said as I sat on the rock. Jamie and I had been “dating” for a few weeks now, but still had not officially been “together”. This bugged be a bit but I understood. We lived in a small town, and Jamie was popular with the girls, I wasn’t so popular with the guys, but I really liked Jamie. It made sense to me though.

“Have you been cutting yourself?” He asked. I could only nod, I knew it hurt him but I couldn’t stop. I haven’t eaten much since we had gotten TV Dinners, and I hadn’t tried very hard to stop cutting because Every night it was something new with mom’s stupid boyfriend Travis. I kissed Jamie’s cheek as he suddenly turned his head to kiss me. The first time he did that. I can honestly say I was shocked. But I got a call, My mom. I groaned and kissed him lightly once more as he pulled my body close, my arms instinctively wrapped around his neck. We stayed like this for a moment then I reluctantly pulled back.

“I have to go.. I’m sorry Jamie, I see you at school tomorrow”

“Okay, be safe. Message me”

“Will do” I ran home now, and headed right to the back door, stepped on the garden ladder, and hurried up going back to my room, and unlocked the door. “What do you want?”

A hand came into contact with my face. I remember the force being so hard that I almost fell, I grabbed my face as someone grabbed my arm and smirked. I knew tonight wasn’t going to be good as my mom walked to her room and Travis walked into mine. And with that, the door was closed and locked….
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is intense, and kind of amateur I'm sorry. I hope you like reading it. This is my part, Whoever it's posted by I will post the username.