Status: Three people writing, please be patient.

Wasting Away

Beginning- Nova

*nova’s p.o.v*

I stared out at the creek that flowed in front of me. I was a little tired but I loved coming out here in the dead of night. It’s calming to me. I moved to this neighborhood 2 months ago from across the state, and it has been really stressing me out lately. One of my accounts got hacked a few weeks ago and the entire school saw it along with my old school. I have been getting horrible messages ever since. It wasn’t that bad when it was just online because I could easily turn off the computer but then people started referencing it in school. That is when everything went to hell.

I had no one to turn to, the people from my old school ignored me and I hadn’t managed to make any new friends before this mess got started. These events triggered something I thought I had grown out of years ago; sleep walking. I glanced at my cell phone on impulse and jumped up. It was 4 in the morning! I had to get back home before my mom woke up at 5:30.

I tore through the small pathway that would take me back to my house like I had a rabid animal chasing me. I got to my house not to long after and as silently and quickly as I could I made my way to my room. I knew I wouldn’t get to sleep but mom doesn’t need to know I leave every night after she falls asleep. I managed to doze a bit before my door opened at 6:30 signaling that I needed to get up.

My mom wasn’t dressed yet and it always made me wonder what she does in between taking a shower and waking me up, not that I sleep much. Anyways, I crawled out of bed and walked over to my closet I pulled out a random pair of jeans and a t-shirt with an odd stain on it that didn’t come from me and will not come out.

After getting dressed I made my way to the kitchen to hopefully find something to eat for breakfast when I ran smack dab into my older brothers’ chest. I looked up at him an immediately saw his red eyes, he was high again.

“ge’ otta my way” he slurred sounding a bit drunk as well. I sighed and let him through. It always killed me when he gets this way but I can’t do anything about it. He has experimented with drugs ever since last Christmas when news spread that he got a girl pregnant and the mother wanted nothing to do with him. I watched as he stumbled into his room before completing my trek to the kitchen. After looking through the fridge I saw some bagels and crème cheese. Deciding that that would suffice, I through the two halves of the bagel in the toaster and started a cup of coffee, the kind that comes in individuals and waited. When the bagels where toasted and the coffee done I sat in the living room watching the early morning music videos my mother likes to listen to. When I was done with my breakfast I stood up and grabbed my stuff.

“I'm gone!” I yelled through the house as I slipped out the door and began walking to school. As per usual I kept my head down as I was walking trying not to trip and draw attention to myself, it must not have worked to well because it wasn’t much later that I tripped over a crack I didn’t see and face planted on the sidewalk. I got up into a sitting position and looked around to see if anyone one noticed, as I did so I saw that I had made it to the rather nice neighborhood that was located right next to the school. Laughter met my ears and I groaned.

“Look Trent, she’s already on her knees for you, better pay her for being so easy.” Chimed a snobby voice from behind me. I pressed my lips into a thin line and stood up and walked away. I knew I couldn’t do anything to stop them so I didn’t even try
♠ ♠ ♠
Tori's part