Status: Hey, critisism is wanted and tell me what you think, new to the site but not to writing so a bit of sheparding would be appreciated ahaha thanks

Flash of the Blade

Mariano Knight

"Mariano! We can't hold them off much longer, what do we do!"
A boy with midnight hair shouted across a mass of fighting bodies. Beasts with armor, humans slaughtering fellows and cries of pain and victory melowing out the slash of swords and the swish of axes as they danced around in a sickening battle of war.

Where am I?

What am I doing?

And why the hell are people asking me what to do!?

In my hands were two long, thin swords that seemed to glide in the air without my consent.
They slashed and parried oncoming enimies, I wasn't in control of my actions as the two swords brought down animals and people as I waded deeper into the maze of war. A large beast jumped infront of me with yellow teeth and fur smothered with blood; he slashed out at me and I grappled with him in what seemed like slow motion. Every swip I blocked made my arms scream in agony, his thick beefy arms were proving stronger than they looked. The creatured snarled and tried to find a weak spot in my defence but could not, he advanced and I took a step back, tripping slightly on something. I looked down and was surprised to see a curb stop. Confused I took in my surroundings and beyond the blood and gore I was surprised to see that we were in tewksbury, a city in the top right corner of Massachusettes; my home town! Why the hell was a war going on here?
I heard a women's scream,
"Mariano, look out!"
A n excruciating pain etched my chest, the furry creatured I was battling howled in triumph as I fell to my knees before him.
"No!"
I heard someone yell from amist the bodies as the creature grinned wickedly at me, his bloody teeth and claws bared. He pounced and I was drowned in pain and the sounds of my broken screams.