Status: Hey, critisism is wanted and tell me what you think, new to the site but not to writing so a bit of sheparding would be appreciated ahaha thanks

Flash of the Blade

Just a Dream

I sat up in bed, a scream bubbling within my throat, wrestling with the sweaty sheets entangling me. My heart was racing, I looked down at my bare chest, sure to see it opened, shredded and bleeding only to find it ungharmed and fine, except for how fast is was rising and falling with my frantic breathing. I leaned back against the headboard and gazed at the cieling, my eyes closed trying to slow my breathing.

I'd had that same dream everynight for the past two months, a war raging in my city, people being slaughtered and some grotesque creature tearing me to pieces.

"Ay Mari, mom says ya gotta get yer ass up and ready fer school."
Amber, my thirteen year old sister yawned at me, her light blue eyes glazed over with sleep.
I nodded at her and swiped a hand over my face, trying to remove my dream from my thoughts.
"Got it, go back ta bed ya dork."
Amber nodded at me and trudged in, she the proceeded to face plant my bed and burrow under my covers. I left the warmth of my bed and smacked Ambers leg as I grabbed my clothes.
"Don't be late fer school ya hear."
She mumbled from her nest, I opened to door to my bathroom and called.
"Dont worry 'boutit."
I shut the door and tried to be quiet for my sisters sake.
I entered the kitchen half an hour later and was greeted by the sweet smell of cookies. I sighed and followed the aroma until I was gazing at a rather large pile of cooling sugar cookies on the island. Licking my lips I reached out to take afew for myself, a wooden spoon met my hand half way there with a painful smack!
I yelped and drew it back, glaring reproachfully at my mother, she had her hand on her hip and the other was pointing the wooden spoon threateningly at my chest.
"I spent all night on them cookies for yer sista's bake sale, you will not eatem all like last time."
I held up my hands in surrender and made my way to the cabinet and pulled down some cereal. Mom watched me, guarding the stacks of cookies as I ate my breakfast, staring at her innocently from time to time.
I finished and dumped the dishes in the sink, I turned and walked slowly by my mother. She shifted her weight and eyed me wearily.
"Mar,"
"What?"
"Whatahya doin?"
I smiled and wrapped my arms around her.
"Morning mom."
She lossened up and hugged me back. This was my chance, swinging her around I slipped from her grip, grabbed a handful of cookies and ran for all I was worth, a wooden spoon following in my wake. Laughing I slung my backpack over my shoulder and hollered.
"Love ya mom!"
She rounded the corner yelling,
"Mariano Daniel Knight!"
I slammed the door chuckling as I slipped into my car and backed out of the driveway, shoving a warm victory cookie in my mouth. A few minutes later I pulled into a culdisac, I honked my horn and the door opened revealing my friend Kaytlyn. She ran towards me, blond and pink hair flying behind and in her mouth was a piece of toast, drowned in peanut butter. Slidding into the car she mumbled a hello around her bread.
"Mornin,"
The ride was quiet save for her munching.
"So,"
I began after she polished off her breakfast.
"How'r the rents?"
She rolled her eyes and groaned.
"They suck!"
I chuckled, pulling into the schools main entrance.
"What'r they doin now Kayt?"
"They keep complaining about my hair."
I exhaled a laugh as I parked and turned to look at her, her hair was always a topic of argument between her and her parents. It was a few inches past her collar bone and a bright blond, bangs covered her face and pink dyed locks surrounded her forhead and cheeks. Upon exiting the car I came to her and slung my arm over her shoulders.
"I think yer hair looks fine, jst dont go red kay?"
She smirked and touched her hair as I opened to doors for her, clawing out from under me she waved and hurried off to her locker. I nodded at her and made my way to my own. After battling with a heavy backpack for a moment I grabbed my things for first period and closed my locker with a satisfying bang. The bell rang so I quickened my step and got to english before I was late, I sighed as I entered the doors and made my way to my seat. I gazed inettantively at the door until I saw a familiar face. Drew smiled as her came and sat down next to me.
"Ay man, whats up?"
"Bored outta my mind tha's what."
Drew chuckled and dropped his books on the table infront of him.
Dark muttering came from the hallway and Drew and I looked at it to see Ethan Traylor, big time jock and total douche come stalk into class with his slutty girlfriend.
"Ay, Knight!"
He snarled, I gave him a sarcastic wave and he glowered.
"Watchit or ima kick yer sorry ass."
I rolled my eyes.
"Whatahya gonna do? Throw a baseball mit at me?"
Ethan snarled and took a menacing step towards me.
"Alright! Butts n' seats now, class is in session!"
Mrs. Brisbee called as she stalked into the room. I smirked and waved as Ethan shoved his way to his desk. His girlfriend, Jasmin, blushed as she passed my desk.
"Hi, Mariano."
Then she scurried off to her desk, her tight skirt bunching as her legs moved. I raised an eyebrow and truned to Drew to find him smirking at me.
"What?"
"She's got the hots fer ya."
I scoffed.
"Gidadahea!"
He shrugged and turned back to Mrs. Brisbee to listen to her lecture.