Status: completed.

Snowed In

we were snowed in, autumn and i.

We were snowed in, Autumn and I. Even though it was freezing in the little cabin we shared for the holidays, I still had sweaty palms. Autumn just... made me that nervous.

“I can't wait until we're able to get out of here,” Autumn said, taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

I meekly looked up at her. “Yeah. Can't wait.” To be honest, I never wanted the snow to end; I wanted to stay in this winter wonderland with Autumn.

She a short and sweet laugh escaped her throat. “What? You're not excited, Em?”

I sighed. “No... not really.”

Autumn gently placed her mug on the coffee table, now giving me her full attention. “Why not? It's beautiful weather and it's a shame we're stuck in.”

“I – well, I want to stay here; like this. With you,” I squeaked, avoiding her chocolate brown eyes. Even though I wasn't making eye contact, I could feel her piercing eyes on me. Watching me.

“Well, that's sweet. I mean, I want to stay here with you two, as friends.” Autumn smiled and placed her hand on top of mine. A deep blush crept over my cheeks. “You okay?”

“Yeah. Just – hot. I think. Fever, maybe.”

Autumn leaned in closer to inspect me. After looking me over, she giggled like a school girl. “You don't have a fever. You're... blushing! How cute.”

“It's – it's not because of you. I jus – just see you as a friend, that's all.”

A frown graced Autumn's pale face. “Well... I don't think of you as just a friend.”

“Best friend?”

She slowly moved towards me on the small leather couch. “No.”

“...Then what do you think of me as?”

“...A beautiful girl,” Autumn said, gently pecking me on the lips.

Sometimes, being snowed in is a good thing.