Status: Rated PG-13 for language and some theamatic elements involving action

Fractured Fairy Tales

Brick By Boring Brick

Qui Desiderat Pacem, Praeparet Bellum

Angela ran through the dark, gloomy forest of the Winkie country. She stared straight ahead at the Wicked Witch’s castle, a determined look in her eyes. It seemed a bit strange to start with the ultimate evil of Oz to restore her innocence, what was higher up on the scale than the Wicked Witch of the West?

Suddenly, there was a loud groaning sound like you hear when the undead menace approaches in zombie movies. She let out a small yelp and quickly turned in the direction of the moaning, pulling out her knife.

A small horde of unnaturally tall, yellow people shuffled toward her. Their clothes were tattered and they were all unnaturally thin, it looked as if their sickly yellow skin was stretched over nothing but bones. Their eyes were wide and their facial expressions all looked half mad.

Angela gripped her knife tightly and let out a yell as she ran toward the group of zombie-like Winkies. She plunged her knife into the chest of one and pulled it back out. The Winkie crumpled to the ground.

She continued to hack her way through the group until they all lay in heaps on the yellow brick road. She stared at the corpses for a while, waiting for them to turn into the glowing orbs like the Good Witch of the North had. They never did. She kicked at one of the bodies, blood got onto her black high heal shoe.

“I guess only main characters turn into happiness orbs…" She said absently as she shifted her gaze back to the black castle looming in the distance.

She shoved her knife back into her belt and began running again. Her heals clicked loudly against the yellow brick road as they struck the dulled pavement. She didn’t run into any more crazed inhabitants of the Winkie country the whole way.

She slowed to a stop as she approached the castle. She stood right outside the large, dark door and stared up at the tall castle. She took a deep breath, trying to compose herself and regulate her breathing after running for so long. Jitters began to take over Angela. Once she went in the castle there was no going back, she had to kill the Wicked Witch.

She slowly walked into the castle, the door creaked loudly as she opened it. The door slammed loudly as she stepped into the brightly lit main room. Candles filled the room and green tapestries hung from the walls. A large star was painted on the stone floor.

A large chested woman with pale green skin sat on a large throne, her dark green hair was in messy curls. Her short, black dress was covered in tulle and she wore ripped stockings. A white post-op eye patch splattered with blood covered her left eye, golden witch’s hat was perched atop her head, and she held a lacy black umbrella.

Angela swallowed and took a tentative step forward, pulling her knife out. “I-I’ve come-”

The Wicked Witch stood up before she could finish talking. “GIVE ME THE SLIPERS!” She lunged at Angela and attempted to hit her with her umbrella.

She just barely got out of the way. “I-I’m not Dorothy!”

Liar!” She swung at her again.

Angela stabbed at the Wicked Witch, plunging the knife into her left shoulder.

The witch shrieked in pain and jumped back several times until she was a considerable distance from her attacker. Angela ran toward the witch, only to have a large group of flying monkeys come between them.

She hacked her way through the flying monkeys, leaving them all in bloody piles on the floor. She jumped over them and charged at the witch again.

“You little brat!” Her voice was shrill and she ran to the star in the center of the floor. After making it to the star she mumbled a few words under her breath and began shooting fire balls at Angela.

She yelped as one of the fire balls almost hit her. She continued to make her way toward the witch, dodging the flaming projectiles as she went.

“Wasn’t my sister enough for you?! Now you have to kill me too?!”

“I’m not Dorothy!” She yelled as she slammed her knife into the Wicked Witch’s throat.

Blood trickled from the stab wound and the corners of her mouth. Angela pulled her knife out of her throat and the Wicked Witch of the West fell to the ground. Her body disappeared, just like the Good Witch’s had and she turned into a glowing orb that entered Angela’s body.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! Yay! Sorry for not updating for so long, I've been having some issues getting ideas on what to put, but it all kinda burst forth tonight. And aren't you, the lovely readers of this story, so glad?

And now it's time for another Latin lesson!
Qui Desiderat Pacem, Praeparet Bellum: let him who desires peace prepare for war.