Status: Getting Going

Kiss Goodbye

Chapter One: I Fell

I wasn’t nervous as I reached for the door. I was comfortable around guys for I find them less dramatic than girls. As I pulled the door open my breath caught in my throat as I stood face to face with two very attractive men. I stood staring for a moment analyzing them both.

“Hey, did you hear me or not?!” The one on the left yelled.

“Sorry guys she is deaf in one ear and doesn’t have her hearing aid on,” Cian explained speaking on my right side so I could hear. I looked at Cian and walked into my room to get my hearing aid and when I stepped out, the boys were all around the counter.

“I’m so sorry..” I explained. “I have a ruptured ear drum and can’t hear.”

“No problem, sorry for yelling,” the short haired one smiled. “I’m deaf in my ear too but it’s from a disease.” I looked over at him shyly. “I’m Steve or Downie”

“Emmaline,” I replied. “Call me Em or Emma.” The lighter hair boy stretched his hand out to me too.

“I’m Steven.” I quickly pulled away from him when he turned my hand over, a large bruise on my wrist.

“Nice to meet you too Steven.” I replied. “Have you guys been here long?”

“Yeah, for the whole season, I would ask if you’ve been here for a while but it seems you just got in, that’s why we’re here.” Downie said giving a smile. I smiled at him awkwardly. I had never had a problem with guys, but being around these two I was a nervous wreck. “How old are you?” Steve asked as I moved into the kitchen to grab some plates.

“I’ll be twenty one in a month,” I said. “I’m a December baby.” I grabbed four plates while trying to grab the glasses too.

“Well, I’m already twenty four and Stamkos over here is two months younger than you.” Downie said shoving Steven who looked over at me.

“Let me help you with those.” Steven offered grabbing the cups and utensils. I nodded gratefully as we began setting up the table as Steve chatted animatedly with my brother. “I noticed you have bruises…on your arm.” Steven said. I shut my eyes for a moment knowing that he was going to ask that. “Are you ok Emma?” he asked placing his hand on my upper arm. My eyes flew open as I stared into his breathtaking blue eyes.

“I’m fine.”

“Will you tell me what happened?” He asked letting go of my arm to lean against the table. I gave him a small smile.

“I fell.” He stared at me for a moment and I began to feel uncomfortable.

“On your arm?”

“What are you, my dad?” I growled annoyed. His eyes shot up in surprise as he held his hands up in defense. “Sorry…” I whispered.

“Can I at least ask how you ruptured your eardrum?” he asked giving me a small sympathetic smile. I smiled too.

“Damage to my skull, but I’d rather not talk about it.” I said hoping he would get the point.

“You have pretty green eyes.” He said changing the subject, his hand brushing my bangs away from my face. I pulled away from his hand.

“Better go back into the kitchen; I’m sure Cian is almost done.” I whispered.

“Better go back into the kitchen,” she whispered. “I’m sure Cian is almost done with the food.” She gave me one last glance before moving towards the kitchen. I trailed behind her and Downie caught my eye giving me a strange look.

“You guys ready to eat?” Cian asked with a smile on his face.

“Yes!” Downie grinned. “So hungry and that chicken smell amazing.” Emmaline was wrapped up in her brother’s arm as Steve held his hand out to her. “Let me escort you to the table.” He grinned. She gave him a little laugh but accepted his hand nevertheless. If I didn’t say so better myself, she had been abused and I was developing a crush on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Come on, comment.

Kris