‹ Prequel: The Avenged Boys

Highway 57: The Avenged Boys

Tricks Don't Work.

I frowned upon seeing baby Misty crying her eyes out. Usually I could help her with her sorrows, but this time, it was unbearable. I watched as Felly groan as she walked towards Misty. She picked her up and rocked her gently to sleep. I knew Misty missed her father Synyster. I saw a small tear fall from Felly’s eye. It broke my heart. Shea said I needed to stop hugging Felicia so much or else she would start to suspect something was weird. It wasn’t weird. It was love. I love Felicia, she’s amazing, but I couldn’t go back. I slowly stopped blaming Nathan for my death, I knew it wasn’t right of me and he didn’t mean too.

“You okay?” Nathan said from behind me, which shook me from my thoughts.

I turned around and gave him a small smile, which reassured him I’d be fine. He nodded and sat down next to me, over the little hole I was looking down from where I was.

“You know, you don’t have to dwell on what happened. I’m sorry. I’m letting go of what happened.” Nathan spoke again. I looked up at him and smiled a little.

“Shit happens, you know? So, did you have a special love one in your life?” I asked.

Nathan sighed and shook his head. “Nah. I never been in love.” I nodded my head and turned towards the small hole again watching Felly put Misty back into the crib. “What about you?”

“Matt Sanders. Matt Shadows. Whatever you want to call him. I love him.” I said with tears rolling down my cheek. “I left him alone.”

I turned to look at Nathan in those hazel eyes and smiled a little. I couldn’t resist them. I couldn’t turn away, but I had too.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be blaming myself. I’m not blaming you either, but..” I started then noticed Nathan walking towards me closer. He cupped his hand on my cheek and rubbed over my cheek gently. I took his hand and took it off my cheek as quickly as possible. “Don’t touch me.”

“Valary..” Nathan started.

I started to walk away as I felt a hand wrap around my small wrist. I turned around and saw Nathan, pleading me to stay with him.

I had no choice.

I had to stay. I was stuck here till I could accept everything.

That might even take forever. And being here forever was something I didn’t want. I wanted to get the fuck out of there, even with Nathan there.

“I’m not falling for any of your tricks Nathan.” I spat at him.

“What tricks?” Nathan asked.

“Trying to touch me and get me to love YOU. Doesn’t work like that sweetie!” I screamed at him and ripped my wrist from his hold. I rolled my eyes as I heard him say sorry and didn’t mean too. I ignored those.

I felt cool wind around me as walked towards the other tree. “He just wanted to show you he cared.” I heard a voice around me. I knew who it was. It was Shea.

“Shea, leave me alone.” I told him coldly. After a matter of seconds Shea appeared in front of me with a disappointment painted on his face. I sighed as I saw Shea with a look of heard still on his face.

“He was just trying to help. Not drag you away from Matt.” Shea said.

I looked into his eyes and could tell he was telling the truth. “If you just came here to tell me that, you just wasted a good amount of your time.”

“Actually no.” Shea said which shot my head up. “Horrible news..”

“What happened?” I asked. I dropped to the floor and looked at the hole and saw my friends crying. Harder and harder every minute.

“It’s about your friend Jimmy Sullivan.” Shea said. I heard footsteps behind me and I stood up and saw him.

“Valary…” he started.

My eyes couldn’t contain the waterfall of tears coming out of my eyes.

“Jimmy…” I said to him as I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck as I hugged him.

“Hey.. I’m here now Val.” Jimmy spoke softly as he rubbed his hand through my hair.

“I’ll leave you two be. I’ll tell Nathan not to bug you two.” Shea said as he gave both of us a small smile.

I nodded and turned towards Jimmy once again.

“Why us Jimmy..?” I spoke softly. Jimmy shrugged his shoulders and hugged me even longer. I couldn’t help but to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like a zillion years. I've literally been out of ideas and I've been busy. School is starting in exactly one week. Bare with me though. I'm sorry again.

I wrote a Johnny Christ short story. I feel that Johnny doesn't get enough love for what he does and how hard he works, so, here Johnny!
Johnny Short Story Here!