Sequel: No Goodbyes This Time
Status: Done.

The Times I Had With Them.

Buckbeak's Been Sentenced To Death.

Harry, Hermione and Ron asked me to go visit Hagrid with them. I was glad to go, see how Buckbeak was doing.

"How'd it go, Hagrid?" Hermione asked as he skipped a rock across the lake. "The hearing?"

"Well, first off, tha' comittee members took turns talkin' abou' why we were there." He threw another rock. "Then I got up, did my piece, said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned 'is feathers. Then, Lucius Malfoy got up, well you can imagine what he said. Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who will kill ya' as soon as he looks at ya'." He sniffed and threw another rock.

"And then?" I asked.

"And then he asked for the wors', tha' old Lucius."

"They're not sacking you?" Ron asked.

"No, I'm not sacked." Hagrid threw another rock. "Buckbeak's ben' sentenced to death." He cried out and threw another rock. I covered my mouth. Hagrid began crying.

"No!" I said, feeling tears in my eyes. Buckbeak was a beautiful, harmless creature. He never deserved this. Malfoy's going to get it. This is all his fault.

---

The next day after Hermione had Divination and Ancient Runes, we went down to Hagrid's hut. Today was the day Buckbeak was to be killed. We went out into the clock tower courtyard and I man in black with a black hood over his face was sharpening a large cleaver like axe. We walked past in caution. We went down the bridge.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible." I said.

"It just got worse." Ron said. Malfoy and his minions were hiding behind a rock with binoculars. Nows my time. I rushed down the steps straight to Malfoy without hesitation.

"Ah! Come to see the show?" Draco asked.

"You!" I growled and pulled my wand out. "You foul evil loathesome little cockroach!" I pointed my wand at his nose.

"Hayley, no! He's not worth it!" Ron said. Malfoy snivelled and thrashed under my wand. I lowered it slowly and turned to walk away. Malfoy smirked and laughed. I turned back and punched him in the nose as hard as I could.

"Malfoy, are you okay?" Crabbe asked. "Come on, let's go!" They ran away.

"That felt good." I said bitterly.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron said. I smiled.

"Come on, let's go see Hagrid." I said, heading down the hill. I saw Buckbeak lying down in the pumpkin patch outside Hagrid's hut. I ran down to stroke him. "You guys go inside. I want to say a proper goodbye to Buckbeak." They went in and started talking to Hagrid. "Why did Malfoy have to be so arrogant? That little git. I'll do worse to him than break his nose next time, just for you, Buckbeak." He squawked and lovingly nestled on my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, Hermione. I felt the punch fitted Hayley more since she's so vicious and protective.
-Ellie x