Sequel: No Goodbyes This Time
Status: Done.

The Times I Had With Them.

Scabbers.

"Me? He's mental!" Ron said.

"No, not you! Your rat!" Sirius said.

"Scabbers has been in my family for-"

"Twelve years!" Sirius said. "Curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"So what?" Ron said.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his-" Harry started.

"Finger!" Sirius cried, walking towards Ron. "He figured if that was what they found, they would think he's dead! Then he tranformed into a rat!"

"Show me." Harry said. Sirius tried to take Scabbers from Ron, but he wouldn't let go. "Give it to him, Ron."

"What are you trying to do to him?" Ron said and let go of him. Sirius stepped back with Scabbers in his hand. I held Ron back. "Scabbers! Leave him alone!" Sirius picked up Lupin's wand and set Scabbers on a piano.

He began scurrying across the room towards a small hole in the wall. Sirius waved Lupin's wand and Scabbers turned into a man just as he was about to escape. Lupin and Sirius pulled him out. They threw him into the center of the room and I stood and pointed my wand at him. Pettigrew sniffed and looked up.

"Remus? Sirius?" He said in a mousy voice. "My old friends!" He held his arms out to give them a hug but then quickly tried to run between them and escape. They held him back. He whimpered and looked around at Harry. "Harry! Look at you! You look so much like your father!" He creeped closer towards him. "Like James! We were the best of friends, did you know?"

"How dare you speak to Harry!" Sirius shouted and pushed him away from Harry. Pettigrew snarled and ran behind the piano. "How dare you talk about James in front of him!"

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort didn't you?" Lupin said.

"I didn't! Please! The dark lord, you have no idea of the weapons he possesses! You Sirius, what would you have done!"

"I would have died! I would have died rather than to betray my friends!" He yelled as Pettigrew crawled under the piano to Harry again. Harry stepped back a bit.

"Harry! James wouldn't have wanted me killed!" Pettigrew said desperately. "Your dad, your dad would spare me! He would show me mercy!" Sirius and Lupin dragged him away from Harry.

"You should've realised, Peter! That if Voldemort didn't kill you, then we would!" Sirius said, pointing Snape's wand at him. "Together!"

"No!" Harry said.

"Harry, this man-" Lupin began.

"I know what he is. But we'll take him to the castle." Harry said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh! I love Sirius's line. He would've died for James and Lily :"> But I will forever ship Severus and Lily. Haters gonna hate.
-Ellie x