Sequel: No Goodbyes This Time
Status: Done.

The Times I Had With Them.

Chopped Off.

"Bless you, boy! Bless you!" Pettigrew said, falling to Harry's feet.

"Get up!" Harry ordered. "I said we'd take you to the castle. After that, the dementors can have you." Peter shivered and whimpered.

We dragged him through the tunnel down the stairs. Sirius and Harry helped Ron down the stairs.

"Sorry about the bite." Sirius said to Ron. "I reckon that twinges a bit."

"A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off!" Ron complained.

"I was going for the rat. Normally I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail, I could live with, but the fleas, they're murder." He said. We left the Whomping Willow and I went over to when Ron had been put down to try and help with the bleeding on his leg.

"You'd better go." Ron said to Harry.

"No, don't worry. It's fine. I'll stay." Harry said.

"You go. Hermione and I will stay." I said.

"I'm fine, go." Ron said.

"That looks really painful." Hermione said.

"So painful. They, uh, they might chop it." Ron said.

"Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat." I said and watched Harry go and stand next to Sirius.

"It's too late." Ron said. "It's ruined. It'll have to be chopped off." Ron said.

"I doubt it." Hermione said, her hand over the wound. Lupin pulled Pettigrew out of the tree.

"Ron! I've been a good friend! A good pet! You wouldn't let them give me to the dementors, would you? I was your rat!" Peter asked desperately. He turned to Hermione and I. "Sweet girls! Clever girls! Surely you wouldn't let them-"

"Come on." Lupin said, grabbing Peter's arm and pulling him away from us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love how Ron tries to impress Hermione in this, trying to get her sympathy. <3
-Ellie x