Sequel: No Goodbyes This Time
Status: Done.

The Times I Had With Them.

Innocent Lives Will Be Spared.

I had sat by Harry's side all night. I slept in the chair I sat in. Harry had gone after Sirius who was found by the dementors. They tried to kill Sirius and Harry. Sirius was captured and has been locked up until further notice.

"I saw my dad." Harry whispered. I lifted my head up and saw that Harry was awake.

"What?" I said.

"He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake." He said.

"Listen Harry, they've captured Sirius. Any minute, the dementors are going to perform the kiss." Hermione said.

"You mean they're going to kill him?" Harry said grabbing his glasses.

"No, it's worse. Much worse." Hermione said. "They're going to suck out his soul." Professor Dumbledore walked into the room.

"Headmaster, you've got to stop them! They've got the wrong man!" Hermione said.

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent." Harry said.

"It's Scabbers who did it!" Ron said from his hospital bed.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore asked.

"It's my rat, sir. He's not really rat, but he was a rat! He was my brother, Percy's rat! Then they gave him up and-"

"We know the truth. Please believe us." I said.

"I do, Miss Amsterdam. But I'm sorry to say the word of three thirteen year old wizards and a fourteen year old witch will convince few others."

Dumbledore walked over to Ron.

"A child's voice, however honest and true," Dumbledore placed a hand on Ron's sore foot and Ron winced. "is meaningless to those who have forgotten who it is."

The clock tower chimed and Professor Dumbledore looked up.

"A mysterious thing, time." He walked past us towards the clock. "Powerful, but when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is at the top most cellar of the dark tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger, Miss Amsterdam, we must not be seen and you would do well, I feel, if you were to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you suceed tonight, more than one innocent life will be spared. Three turns should do it." He said and winked at me. He then turned and left the room again. He held the doors open just enough for his head to poke through. "Oh, and by the way, when in doubt I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck." He closed the doors.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asked.

"Sorry Ron, but seeing as you can't walk." I said, pulling the time turner out of my shirt.

I put it over Harry and Hermione's heads and turned it thrice in my hand. It began spinning faster and faster and I watched it for the perfect moment to stop it. Time moved around us, people were moving backwards. I stopped it and pulled the necklace off of us. I put the necklace back down my shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love the time-turner. I was going to get a replica of it, but it's super duper expensive.
-Ellie x