Sequel: No Goodbyes This Time
Status: Done.

The Times I Had With Them.

No One Is Coming.

We watched Lupin look around in frustration so we slowly moved around the tree to keep out of his view. He howled again, hoping for a returning howl. We moved more around the tree but we couldn't hear Lupin anymore so we assumed he had gone further away. I heard sticks snap behind us. I turned and Lupin was staring at us and growling. He became closer and went onto his hind legs to swipe us. I held Harry and Hermione behind me, if he swiped me then they would have time to run.

I heard Hermione's ragged breathing behind me. Lupin gained his momentum and was about to strike when Buckbeak ran in front of me and pushed Lupin back. He clipped him over the head multiple times with his hooves. Lupin flinched, gave up and ran away. Buckbeak squawked at him angrily. He turned and looked at us. Harry was holding Hermione who was buried in his chest.

"That was so scary." She whispered.

"Poor Professor Lupin." Harry said. "He's having a really tough night." A sudden breeze of wind blew into my face towards the lake. Leaves danced across the ground. We looked up and saw a fleet of dementors flying for the lake. "Sirius. Come on!"

We followed the dementors towards the lake. I stopped and saw the dementors swarming past Sirius and past Harry across the lake. Past Harry screamed and fell to the ground as dementors sucked his soul from him.

"This is horrible." Hermione said.

"Don't worry, my dad will come." Harry assured her. "He'll conjure the patronus." We stared as past Harry and Sirius died before our eyes. "Any minute now. Right there," Harry pointed at the edge of the lake, "you'll see!"

"Harry, listen to me." I said. "No one is coming."

"Don't worry, he will. He will come." Harry said.

"You're dying. Both of you. Harry, please." I said. Harry ran forward and revealed his wand.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" He yelled. A bright white stag burst out of his wand, scaring off the dementors. The light pulsed as the dementors screeched and dispursed. I watched in awe. A third year conjuring a patronus this powerful? It was beyond my years. The light sucked back into the wand.

"Come on, we can ride Buckbeak up to the cell Sirius is in." I said. "I know a spell to get him out." We ran up to where we left Buckbeak and I climbed on. I grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her up and Harry managed to get up by himself. "Hold on tight, but not too tight, okay?" I said grinning. I gave Buckbeak a little kick in the side and he pushed off the ground and into the air.

"You were right, Hayley!" Harry yelled. "It wasn't my dad I saw earlier! It was me! I saw myself conjuring the patronus before! I knew I could do it this time because I'd already done it! Does that make sense?"

"No!" Hermione shouted. "But I don't flying!" She screamed as Buckbeak dived down to where Sirius' cell was. He landed and I slid off him easily.

"Sirius!" I yelled. He looked up at me in his tiny cell. "Stand back!" I pulled out my wand and pointed it at the cell door. "Bombarda!" The cell lock exploded as though I had let off a bomb there.

The door swung open and Sirius helped everyone back onto Buckbeak before climbing on himself. Buckbeak squawked under the weight.

"Oh, come on you big baffoon!" I said and he ran off the side of the tower and we flew up into the air. Sirius laughed as we flew.

"Woooohooo!" He cried out and we dove down towards clock tower courtyard. I jumped down and stroked Buckbeak. He purred and I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hayley is so protective. :D Like a mother, she is.
-Ellie x