Sequel: No Goodbyes This Time
Status: Done.

The Times I Had With Them.

Host To Dementors.

We got off the train and climbed into one of the carriages. I knew they were being pulled by thestrals, but I didn't want to tell anyone else that. They would think I'm crazy. Thestrals can only be seen by people who have witnessed someone's death. I watched my father die when I was young. Killed by You-Know-Who himself. Lucky for me, he didn't know I was there. Mum was off in the United States on a visit. She works for the Ministry. You-Know-Who just wanted to kill my dad, no one else was nessescary.

"Hurry up, Amsterdam! I'm starving!" George called, already head of me towards the Great Hall. I shook my head and ran after them both.

"Gotta keep fit, Hayley!" Fred said.

"If we're gonna win Quidditch this year!" George said, smiling.

"Of course we're going to win, you've got me on the team, don't you?" I smirked.

"Right you are!" The twins said in unison. We sat at the Gryffindor table near Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Lightening flashed outside. The first years were quickly sorted into their houses. After that, a choir came out and sang for a while, the first row holding large toads.

"Welcome, welcome to another year at Hogwarts." Professor Dumbledore announced. "Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'd like to welcome Professor R. J. Lupin who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor." The school erupted into loud applause.

"Of course, that's why he wanted to give you the chocolate, Harry." Hermione said over the loud clapping.

"Potter!" Malfoy said from the opposite table. "Potter!" Harry and I turned to face him. "Is it true you fainted?" A boy next to him pretended to faint dramatically. "I mean, you actually fainted?" He looked like he was about to burst into a fit of giggles.

"Shove off, Malfoy!" Ron growled and turned back around.

"How did he find out?" Harry muttered.

"Just forget it." Hermione murmured.

"We'll get him later for you, Harry." I said mischieviously. We turned back to listen to Dumbledore.

"Forntunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" The entire Gryffindor table began cheering and clapping.

"Finally, on a more describing note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will until further notice play host to the dementors of Askaban." The school broke out into whispers. "Until such a time that Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance of the grounds. Whilst I have been assured that their presence our day-to-day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish the difference between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of dementors to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light. Dig in." A feast appeared before our eyes.

Everyone ate heartily, but after hearing about those dementors, I wasn't hungry anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, aren't I just super fast today. Loljk, I've been writing this story in advance. I'm up to like chapter 5978328532.
-Ellie x