Sequel: No Goodbyes This Time
Status: Done.

The Times I Had With Them.

Bloody Chicken.

"Exactly what is that?" Ron asked.

"A hippogriff." I said, admiring him. "Beautiful creature."

"First thing you want ter' know abou' hippogriffs, is tha' they are proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want ter' insult a hippogriff. It may jus' be tha' last thing you ever do! Alrigh', Miss Amsterdam will demonstrate, then you kids can 'ave a go."

I stepped forward.

"Now, you have ter' let him make the firs' move. It's only polite. Give 'im a nice bow, then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch 'im. If not... well we'll get to tha' later."

I bowed nice and slow, very low, then kept still. Buckbeak shook his head then carefully bowed his head.

"Well done, Hayley! Well done." He threw another ferret. "Here ya' big brute. You can go an' pat him now."

I walked slowly and carefully towards him, making sure not to make any large gestures or noises. I reached my arm out gently. I stopped and let him come.

"You see how she's lettin' 'im come to 'er? Smart girl this one." Buckbeak took a few steps towards me, making quiet squawking noises as he went. He then pushed his hand into my palm and I started stroking him. I grinned.

"Hi Buckbeak." I whispered. "You're very beautiful." I said, my eyes looking over his feathers.

"Well done! Well done!" Hagrid said, applauding me. Some students joined in. I grinned. It was easy for me, because I'd met Buckbeak before hand. "Do you want ter' choose someone ter' try, Miss Amsterdam?" I turned, still stroking Buckbeak. My eyes scanned the kids. They all looked petrified.

"How about Mr. Potter." I said and winked at him.

"Alrigh' come on, 'Arry." Hagrid said. I walk over and sat on the small brick wall that the students were hiding behind. Harry walked forward and Hagrid guided him through it. Harry did quite well I thought. He achieved Buckbeak's trust, which was good. He didn't get his hand bitten off. So that was a plus.

"I think he might let ya' ride 'im now." Hagrid said.

"What?" Harry said, patting Buckbeaks head. Hagrid lifted Harry up. "Hey, hey, hey! Hagrid!"

"Let's get ya' o'er here. I think you'll enjoy it!" Buckbeak let out a loud squawk as Harry settled onto his back. "Don' pull out any of 'is feathers, 'cos he won' thank you fer' tha'!" Hagrid hit him on the back and Buckbeak leapt onto his hind legs and began running.

I watched him run across the clearing and spread his wings to pull him up into the air. Students ran to watch Harry fly off on Buckbeak and I followed after them. He swooped up into the air for a few minutes then came back down. His classmates cheered him and he landed with a large smile across his face.

"Oh please." I heard Malfoy complain. Hagrid lifted Harry off of Buckbuck just as Malfoy got up to walk over to them. "Yes, you're not dangerous at all, are you? You great ugly brute."

"Draco, get back, you idiot!" I yelled at him, I could see Buckbeak getting angered already. Buckbeak leapt up on his hind leg and scraped at Malfoy.

"Buckbeak, no!" Hagrid shouted. Students started screaming and backing away. Hagrid lumbered in front of Malfoy to stop Buckbeak from hurting him anymore. Buckbeak jumped down and Hagrid threw another ferret in the other direction. "Away, you silly creature."

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco called out. I shook my head. Wuss.

"Calm down, it's just a scratch." Hagrid said.

"Hagrid!" Hermione called and stepped forward. "He has to be taken to the hospital."

"I'm tha' teacher, I'll do it." Hagrid said, liftin up Malfoy in his arms.

"You're gonna regret this!" Draco said.

"Class dismissed!" Hagrid yelled.

"You and your bloody chicken!" Draco said.

Buckbeak came over and rubbed against my face. I stroked him.

"Go on! You heard Professor Hagrid! Get out of here." I said, leading Buckbeak to the back of Hagrid's hut. The students started going back up to the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been at least 30 minutes since I started this story and no comments? Tut tut.
-Ellie x