TLOZ Chatroom

SPECIAL Journey Through the Underworld

*read author's notes for pictures of the animals they were turned into*

Journey through the Underworld
ft. Sheik, Zelda, Rabia, Zant and Kaikoura

They had been momentarily knocked out, and when they came back around, they were in a pond in the Underworld. They lifted their heads out from the pond and Zelda stood up... but something weird had happened.
"Whoaa!" Zelda yelled.
"What? AHHH!" Sheik and Rabia also yelled.
"Why are you a Twili, Rabia?! And why are you a horse, Sheik?" Zelda said.
"We don't even need to ask why YOU'RE a peacock." Sheik said.
Zelda scoffed, and made her way out of the pond. The other two followed.
"Waaait, how did you get to be so cute, but we're stuck being random animals?!" Zelda said angrily.
"Because I'm just amazing! Duh..."
They shook their heads and walked on ahead of her.
"HEY! You know it's true!"
She went to run after them, but then realized she was floating. "Whoa! Awesome! I can float!" She cheered. Sheik and Zelda glared at her.
"Well, I have Sheik!" Zelda said, jumping up on his back.
"Okay, COME ON!" Sheik tried bucking her off, but could not succeed. He sighed in defeat.
"Hey, you better get off Sheik or I'm going to eat you! You're a bird! I'll pluck each feather one by one, then put you in a stew, and EAT YOU!" Rabia screamed.
Zelda stared at her wide-eyed and slowly got off Sheik's back.
"Yeah, that's what I thought..."
"Thanks, Rabia. Now uhh we should probably get going before Kaikoura dies though." Sheik started trotting away. Rabia floated towards him and went on next to him. Zelda went awkwardly running with her giant feathers behind her, falling forward a few times.
The three travelled north for three Underworldly-Twilight days (10x faster than Hyrulian days, 1/4 slower than Earthly days) until they finally reached a small hut in the middle of a tall-treed, dark forest.
"Um, I don't think we should stop here," Zelda said.
"Why do you say that?" Sheik said, lifting a front hoof to knock on the door.
She sighed. "Too late now I guess!"
The door slowly opened, and a man with big black hair with a bandana opened the door.
"Hey honey!" Rabia said, giving the man a hug.
"Huh?????" Sheik and Zelda said.
"Uh, you don't need to know about us..." she said mysteriously.
The other two looked at each other then back at Rabia.
"Please, do come in!" the man who opened the door said.
So, they did, and for some reason Sheik had no problem getting into the small hut.
Once they were inside Sheik looked at the man and said,"We have no time to waste, sir, so would you by chance know who King Zant is? And where he lives?"
The man was drinking a blue liquid, and set down his cup. "Yeah, I know who Zant is. And I can tell where he lives too."
The three leaned in closer, and Zelda fell forward because of her feathers.
"He lives on the other side of this forest. I can mark it on your map."
"Quickly! Someone grab my map!" Sheik said.
Rabia floated up high enough to grab Sheik's map of the underworld (which he randomly had) and rolled it out on the table for the man with big hair. He circled the edge of a cliff with a big red marker and gave it back to Rabia.
"He lives on the cave under this cliff."
"What's with all these cliffs and ledges?!" Zelda cried.
Everyone ignored her.
"Many thanks, sir!" Sheik said, turning and cantering back out the door.
"Leaving so soon?" the man said with a sad face.
"Sorry, we're kind of in a hurry."
The man sighed as the three quickly left.
Rabia kissed him on the cheek before leaving though.
--
Finally, they reached Zant's cave. They all hurried inside, and saw only a computer and a chair.
"Wow... Is this Zant's life? That's pretty sad..." Rabia said.
"You mean Zant's afterlife," Zelda corrected her.
"Whatever!"
"Where are Zant and Kaikoura?" Sheik asked, very confused.
After a while of searching around his "domain", they found a door that looked almost exactly like the cave walls.
"Let's go!" Sheik said eagerly. He pushed his head against the door, slowly opening it. Once it had finally opened, they all raced inside.
There was Zant -- sitting on a couch made of bones with a little fennec fox. The fox was grey, and everytime it let out a breath, dust came out. It looked sad and lost next to Zant.
"Zant! I thought we were tight!" Rabia yelled to him.
He looked in their directions and stood.
"Oh, I wasn't expecting company," he said in his nasally voice and rubbing his hands together.
"Where is Kaikoura, Zant? We've come to save her!" Sheik said.
"And... who are all of you now?"
"I'm Sheik," he started,"the Twili is Rabia, and the peacock is Zelda."
There was a silence... and then Zant burst into laughter.
"What is so funny?!" Sheik cried indignantly.
"You all look so stupid!" he said, still laughing.
Sheik glared at him, and stepped closer.
"Tell us where Kaikoura is -- NOW."
"Calm yourself, Sheik!" Zant said. "She's sitting on the couch right over there."
They all looked back at the fennec fox that was slowly losing all its color and breathing out dust.
"Oh dear goddesses! We have to save her!" Sheik galloped to the couch, and Rabia lifted her up with her newly found magic powers and set her on his back.
Sheik motioned for everyone else to get on his back for a quick get-away.
"HEY! Where are you taking her?!" Zant yelled after him.
None of them bothered to answer him, because he was just a lonely dead man.
--
They had reached the pond a few days later, and by that time, Kaikoura was only the size of Rabia's hand and was almost white.
"Okay, so does this mean that even Kaikoura has to drink this water?" Rabia asked with the bottle at hand.
"I'm not sure, we can just use the remainder to pour on her," Sheik answered.
So, Rabia took a sip of the water, then tipped some into Sheik and Zelda's mouths, then poured the remaining water onto Kaikoura.
A strong wind then pushed them underwater, and a few moments later, they were able to lift their heads up from the water.
All three looked at their hands and arms, which were back to normal. Sheik and Zelda sighed with relief, but Rabia sighed with disappointment.
"Darn, I liked being a Twili..." she mumbled.
Sheik turned around to see if Kaikoura was back to normal. To his surprise, she still had the ears and face of a fennec fox, but was a pale yellow.
"Guys, help me carry her back to a place where she can rest," he said.
"What?! No way! We just went on like a week long journey to save someone who doesn't even like me!" Zelda cried. Rabia punched her in the arm.
"Ow!" she yelled.
"Shut up! We need to get her back to normal," Rabia said, helping Sheik carry her away.
"Ugh, fine, I'll help."
--
It was then that everyone wished Sheik had brought his horse...
--
They had carried Kaikoura all the way across the land back to Sheik's house, and now Kaikoura only had the ears of the fox. (which she would have gladly kept)
Once they got into his house, the Zelda and Rabia collapsed on his bed.
"Ughh... so... TIRED..." Rabia groaned.
Zelda buried her face in a pillow and said,"My legs buuurn," though it was muffled.
"Are you for real, guys?! I need to set her down on here!" Sheik said, the only one still carrying Kaikoura.
Rabia was so tired, she didn't notice she was rolling off the bed until she hit her head on the floor.
"OWWWWWWW..."
"Thank you Din!" Sheik said, setting Kaikoura down on the bed and covering her in the blankets.
"Nice to know you care, Sheik!" Rabia cried from the floor.
"Don't worry! I'll take you to the town shaman after -- but I'm not carrying you."
"A shaman?! What the f-- UGH... Fine..."
Zelda rolled over onto her back and half ontop of Kaikoura.
"Sheik, can you order me some pizza? But I don't have any rupees on me, so can I borrow twenty?" she said.
"DUDE, stop crushing her with your fat head!" he said, rolling her back over.
"You did NOT just say that!" she said, giving him a cold look and throwing her shoe at him.
"Thanks, nice way to repay me for carrying you the entire trip."
She looked off dramatically and ignored him.
"Tuck me in too, Sheik," she said after a moment of silence, getting under the blankets.
"I'm paying for your pizza! No!"
She looked at him with puppy dog eyes.
"Nope, not falling for that."
Rabia stood up from the ground and crawled over Kaikoura, lying in the middle of the bed.
"Can you tuck MEEE in?" she said, also getting under the covers.
"What is this, a daycare?!" Sheik cried.
They both nodded.
He sighed.
"Fine, if it will shut you both up..."
He walked over and tucked them in quickly and without really bothering to make it neat.
"There. Now sleep and shut up."
And so, they did.
--
The next morning, Kaikoura finally woke up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around, then quickly sat up.
"Hello? Where am I?" she called out.
She looked over and saw Zelda by the stove, making ramen noodles.
She turned towards Kaikoura and said,"You're finally awake! And your ears are gone too!"
"What!" she cried, her hands flying up to the sides of her head.
"No, not those ones! Your fox ears!"
"What fox ears?! Zelda, where are we? What's going on?!" she asked, hopelessly confused.
"Well, I'm making ramen, and you're in Sheik's bed."
Her eyes got wide and she pulled the blanket up to her chin.
"Why am I in Sheik's bed?! Am I naked?!"
Zelda made a weirded out face and said,"Uhh, no, why would you be naked?"
She breathed a sigh of relief and dropped the blanket.
"You want some ramen? You must be starving -- you haven't eaten in, like, twelve days."
"Oh my Triforce! I haven't?!" Kaikoura was SO confused.
Then, Rabia walked into the house with Sheik close behind.
"Yay! Guess what? I don't have a concussion! Woo!" she cheered.
"Yay! Hey, look who finally woke up," Zelda answered, motioning toward Kaikoura.
Rabia gasped. "You're all better! Yay!"
Kaikoura looked around at everyone in the room, and slowly said,"Can someone please tell me why I'm in Sheik's bed..."
"Simple! Because you guys had sex!" Rabia said.
Sheik punched her in the arm and said,"No, that's NOT why, don't worry."
"I think you just let her hopes down, Sheik," she said with a wink.
He looked at her and said,"Would you stop that?!"
She shrugged and walked over to get some ramen.
"Sorry," he said, turning back to Kaikoura. "Do you remember being in the Underworld?"
Kaikoura shook her head and said,"All I remember is Zant carrying me out of my house and hitting my head on the side of a door so hard I didn't wake up until now."
Zelda carried a bowl of ramen over to Kaikoura and set it in her lap.
"So, I WAS taken to the Underworld? Is my soul gone?"
"No, you still have your soul. You're all better now, so it's okay," Sheik said.
"Well... how did I get back? Did you guys come save me?" she said cheerfully.
"Yup! We ran to Sheik as soon as we could because we knew he lurved ya too much to let you die!" Rabia said, sitting on the end of the bed with her ramen.
"Huh? Sheik loves me?"
"Well, in a friend way, of course," Sheik said.
"I bet if you weren't wearing that cowl we would see you blushing," Rabia said.
He reached over and punched her in the arm again.
She gasped. "You ALMOST made me drop my ramen!"
" So wait.. You ALL saved me?! Even Zelda?!"
"In her own way, yes, she would like to think that," Sheik said.
Zelda threw a chopstick at Sheik and said,"I SO helped! Don't even deny it!"
"D'awww, I feel so special you guys!" Kaikoura said with a big smile.
She held out her arms and said,"Everyone, come give me a hug!"
So, they all hugged her and were not poked in the face by fox ears, because she was no longer a fox!

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sheik -- white horse (sexy right? xD )
Zelda -- peacock
Rabia -- Twili
Kaikoura -- fennec fox