TLOZ Chatroom

Continued!

PREVIOUSLY.....

Before the special last chapter, we got a look inside Hyrule Castle as it was yet again encroached. This time, however, it was Ganondorf, who freaked everyone out by throwing the previous usurpers into another dimension via wormhole. Zelda and Peach are still in captivity, but Link managed to disappear in a split second when Ganondorf wasn’t looking. Midna, Sheik and Rabia warped to the castle due to Sheik’s bad-vibes-jig, and Malon is yet again pregnant. Oh, and Shadow is still missing, and no one knows about Zant. And........ I think that covers just about everything.... PHEW

Hyrule Castle....

The castle’s halls were eerily quiet as Rabia, Midna and Sheik made their way toward the throne room.
“Shouldn’t you guys be hiding? What if they catch you again?” Rabia said, this thought suddenly dawning on her. Midna waved it off.
“Please-- these ‘rulers’ were stupid enough to let us escape. Besides, they won’t do anything with Ganondorf’s queen here,” she said. Rabia shrugged.
“True...” They continued walking in silence; the only sound was the soft pat-pat-pat of their feet. Rabia yawned, and then suddenly Midna and Sheik stopped. Rabia did as well, still in mid-yawn. “What?” The sound hit her ears later than the others, but she still hear it nonetheless. A loud sob and, unmistakably, Zelda’s voice.
“Please, I’ll do anything! Just let me go! I just want one shower, please!” she cried. Midna rolled her eyes.
“She is just sad, like really,” she muttered. As they turned the corner, however, they all stopped again. Before them was none other than Ganondorf, lazily directing a giant pink crystal with one hand as he walked down the carpeted hall. Sheik quickly hid behind the corner they had just turned, watching as Rabia stormed angrily after him.
“Ganon-DOOOOOORF!” she hollered, stomping quickly after them. “WHAT do you think you’re DOING?!” Ganondorf turned, a disbelieving smile forming on his face.
“Wow, funny how you suddenly come crawling back to me when you hear news of me taking over the castle. Has that spread yet?” She reached him, beyond seething with rage. She hit him hard in the face, still glaring at him as he continued to smile. “Ouch, that hurt,” he teased.
“I SAID, what do you think you’re doing with my best friend?” she repeated, folding her arms and tapping her foot impatiently. Ganondorf looked to Zelda in her crystal as if noticing her for the first time.
“Her? I have plans for her,” he answered. Again, Rabia smacked him as hard as she could in the face. “Not those kind of plans! Follow me, come on,” he said, ushering her to follow him. He turned and continued down the hall. Rabia looked back at Midna and Sheik; Midna was signaling her to follow, but Sheik was motioning for her to run back. Rabia huffed and followed after Ganondorf, her shoulders slumped slightly. Sheik sighed in annoyance.
“WHY would you tell her to follow him?” he said incredulously.
“It’s a double agent type thing, Sheik!” Midna answered irritatedly. “Do you have any other ideas right now?” When he didn’t answer, she continued quickly and quietly down the hall. Sheik followed suit. At the next corner, they both peered carefully around after the two Gerudo.
“You can choose whatever room you want for a music room if you want, you know,” Ganondorf said to Rabia. She gasped happily before clearing her throat and looking away in (most likely faked) anger.
“I know you’re just trying to make up for not saving me from Ghirahim!” she cried, once again folding her arms. He looked down at her, unamused.
“Come on, are you gonna hold that against me forever?” he grumbled.
“Rabia,” Zelda started, leaning desperately against the crystal’s wall. “Convince him to let me shower, please. You can have my room if you want, it has the best bathroom in the whole castle!” Ganondorf shot her a look.
“You’ll get a shower if you shut up,” he mumbled in annoyance. Rabia hit his arm.
“Don’t talk to my best friend like that!” she cried. The three continued this cycle as they continued down the hall; Ganondorf offering Rabia something, Rabia yelling at him, Zelda begging for a shower, Ganondorf telling Zelda to shut up, Rabia yelling at him again, repeat. Once they had turned the corner and were well out of earshot, Midna and Sheik rushed into the throne room. The devastation of the wall was still all over the floor, but other than that it remained empty. Midna looked to Sheik.
“What do we do now? Where did those other two creeps go?” she asked. Sheik looked around the room.
“Where did Peach and Link go?” he said. Midna hid her face in her hands with a sigh.
“I just give up,” she muttered, shaking her head. “Who knows where those idiots are now?” Her head shot up suddenly. “Do you think Ganondorf already took his piece of the Triforce... if you know what I mean?” They both paused. “Okay... as in... do you think he’s dead?” Sheik shook his head.
“There’s no way he’s dead, Zelda would be keeping quiet about her shower if she witnessed that,” he answered. Midna frowned in thought.
“Well, let’s go round up a search party,” she said in defeat after a moment, sighing to herself. Sheik nodded.
“Good idea. Kaikoura and Malon will want to help find them too,” he answered. Midna took him by the arm and warped them out of the castle then.

meanwhile in a castle somewhere in Archanea........

Okay, I won’t wait to explain this because it would just get annoying later: I had remembered briefly about the ocarina in my boot back at Hyrule Castle, and had quickly played a warping song as quietly as could. From Lake Hylia, I grabbed Epona and rode all the way back to Altea. And now, this is where we resume, so back to the story!!! I raced up the steps to the king’s room, panting and heaving as I made my way up the stairs. I had finally reached a door after what felt like an eternity and rushed inside. “King Cornelius, we need to gather some soldiers and head to Hyrule Castle imm--” I stopped, seeing no one in the room. I looked around, still breathing heavily. “King Cornelius?” After a moment I turned to leave the room, only to nearly crash into Marth’s older sister, Elice. She gave me a puzzled look.
“Why do we need to go to Hyrule Castle?” she asked me. I hesitated, wondering if I should tell anyone other than the king what was happening, before speaking again.
“There’s a, err, slight problem in the throne room that needs addressing,” I lied. “Do you know where your father is?” She blinked, clearly not believing me, but pointed in the direction of the stairs nonetheless.
“He’s in the dining hall, talking to some delegates from--”
“Thank you!” I called as I ran once again down the stairs. I arrived at the dining hall as the delegates Elice had mentioned were making their exit, laughing and saying their farewells to the king. “King Cornelius!” I called, ungracefully tripping over my own feet as I nearly collapsed from running so much. He turned to me and waited for me to pull myself together, his face contorting slightly into a look of distaste. I hastily bowed before speaking. “Hyrule Castle is in great danger, we need to assemble some soldiers and get there as quickly as we can!” He looked me up and down with a frown.
“Boy, what have you been doing? What’s with all these bruises? Where is your shirt?” he asked.
“There’s no time to explain, sir! Princesses Zelda and Peach are prisoners of Ganondorf, the evilest man in--”
“Princess Zelda is a prisoner?!” he said with a gasp. “Where is this again? Hyrule Castle?” I sighed angrily.
“Yes sir, so we need to get some soldiers there immediately! Who knows what that sick man is planning? I’ll help you g--” The king snapped his fingers suddenly, as if a great idea had just entered his head.
“Marth!” He turned to his son at the other end of the table. I hadn’t even noticed he had been sitting there, eating a bowl of noodles in silence. King Cornelius gave him a warm smile; Marth gave a loud, long slurp on a noodle. “This is the perfect opportunity for you to demonstrate your abilities! Why don’t you round up some buddies and head on over to Hyrule Castle?” I blinked in disbelief.
How is he treating this like it’s nothing?! I thought.
“ I bet Zelda will be very appreciative of your help...” he added suggestively. I opened my mouth to protest immediately. Marth stopped slurping his food and swallowed what remained in his mouth. I noticed he was avoiding my gaze. He paused before responding.
“I suddenly don’t feel very good, maybe Link should go,” he muttered. Cornelius waved this off.
“Oh please, when does a chance like this come along?” He made his way across the room and set his hands on Marth’s shoulders. “Come on Marth, don’t let me down,” he continued. He waited for an answer. Marth set his chopsticks down with a sigh.
“I can go with him if he’d like,” I offered. “After all, it’s me and Zelda that Ganondorf is--”
“No,” Marth quickly answered, still not looking at me as he spoke. “I’ll go. I’ll take three soldiers maximum with me, and I will to choose them myself. If we approach the castle with more than that we’ll be spotted.” Again, I opened my mouth to protest, but was interrupted.
“Wonderful!” Cornelius said, clapping Marth’s shoulder affectionately. “Now Link, thank you for the help, but we’ve got it from here. Are you needed back in the forest?” I continued to stare at him in disbelief.
“Am I what? Your Majesty, I’m sorry but I can’t just sit idly while my closest friend is sitting in a dungeon somewhere,” I said. He made his way over to me now.
“Then you can help formulate a battle plan with the soldiers,” he retorted. “I’m sure Zelda will still be your friend if Marth saves her from -- what was his name?” I blinked a couple times to try to clear my mind a bit. Cornelius led me in the other direction. “Now, you’re probably hungry from that journey over here; would you like something from the kitchen?” I still didn’t know how to respond to these people, so I left the room without answering him.
What am I going to do?!
I had made up my mind before this conversation had happened, really, so I made my way up to Marth’s room as quickly as I could. I shut the doors behind me and locked them as tightly as I could. Inside a wardrobe on the other side of the room was Marth’s sword and battle armor; I hastily opened it and took it’s contents out. I knew he would be angry with me for taking his prized sword and going after Ganondorf after he said not to, but there was no way I was just going to sit and wait for him. I threw his armor and battle tunic on quickly. Thankfully, it was only a bit small on me. I grabbed the Falchion, already dreading what would await me when I returned from this mission.
I snuck out of his room and downstairs again, narrowly avoiding Elice’s gaze as she walked out of the library. I mounted Epona and turned to ride off, only to meet King Cornelius once more. He did not look happy. I slumped.
“Uhh, I’m not saving Zelda, I’m saving Peach,” I lied horribly. He held his hand out expectantly.
“Hand over the sword,” he said grimly. I didn’t move. “Now.” When I still didn’t move, he folded his arms. “Well, I didn’t want it to come to this, but it looks like I have no other choice,” he went on, turning to go back in the castle.
“What do you mean?” I started, but my question was immediately answered when two guards seized Epona. She started to panic, and I quickly jumped off. “Hey, what are you doing?!” I cried.
“Make him comfortable,” Cornelius said, still ignoring my pleas. Another guard took my arm and guided me inside behind the king. Once inside, he turned to the guard. “Give him his own room, away from Marth.” The guard nodded and led me down a southern corridor.
“I don’t think anyone is realizing the severity of this--” I began.
“Shh.” I sighed as we walked on and I was pushed into a bedroom. “Wait here, the king will call you down in a bit for dinner. I’d take Marth’s clothes off if I were you.” He paused awkwardly. “Uhh, I mean-- you know what I mean,” he mumbled, closing the door as he muttered to himself. Begrudgingly, I did as he suggested and took off the battle armor and tunic. I sat on the bed edgily, watching the door anxiously. A while later a knock came on the door. I jumped up from the bed and opened the door, but it was just a servant delivering some clothes from Marth’s room. She suggested I wash up before coming downstairs, but I ignored her. I accepted the clothes and shut the door behind me. I quickly put the tunic on, ignoring all the other useless accessories and articles of clothing that went along with it. I rushed downstairs to the dining hall to see there were suddenly many more people taking seats at the table than I had expected. I looked around the table to find Marth and found him already sitting by the end of the table. I started to head over to him, but was quickly grabbed by the shoulders.
“A seat is already saved for you, Link! Come this way.” Cornelius ushered me in the opposite direction and seated me next to a plump fellow I didn’t recognize. After everyone had sat down, Cornelius called for attention to make an announcement. I glanced at Marth to see if he knew what was coming, but he didn’t even seem to be paying attention to what his father was saying.
“So now that I’ve gathered you all here, I might as well tell you what the purpose of this meeting is,” he began, holding himself tall in his chair. “It has come to my attention that a neighboring kingdom, Hyrule, is under seige.” This was exaggerated, of course, considering Ganondorf didn’t need anyone’s help to take over the entire castle. “They have a beautiful, fair princess that is being kept prisoner in the dungeons of the castle.” I shrunk in my seat, feeling horrible that I had just left Zelda in the castle by herself. He continued. “Now, as it seems her heart is wanted by many, Link here,” he motioned to me with his hand, drawing all eyes on me (I shrunk even farther down into my seat), “has suggested that we make a competition out of this!” A collective murmur sounded around the table and I mentally cried.
I suggested this??!! What?!! I hid my face in my hands. Sadly, he still went on.
“I was initially just going to have my son go after her, since they are arranged to be engaged in a couple of months anyway, but I thought this way seemed much more interesting and fair for us all.” I glanced up to see how Marth was taking all of this; he seemed pensive as he watched the king talk. Finally, he got to the point. “A tournament is going to take place tomorrow. Any noble, knight, or man of the land may participate. The winner of the tournament will be the one given the honor of rescuing the princess from the horrible Gandord!” Some gasps and muttering was heard around the table. “And, to make this even more fair, the victor will also have the honor of fighting my son in a duel for the right to wed!” The plump man beside me stood to talk.
“My son is as valiant as any -- he shall enter, and personally escort the princess back to our land!” he said through his thick carpet of a moustache. Another man across from me stood as well.
“As is mine! He will redefine the way you judge manliness; his strength is out of this world!” he cried, his face a shade of red just as vibrant as his hair. I blinked as others around the table cheered and continued entering their sons into this competition. I may not be the smartest guy in Hyrule, but even I knew this crossed hundreds of lines of stupidity. I opened my mouth to protest, but King Cornelius spoke once more.
“And with that, enjoy training for tomorrow, and let’s eat!”

TO BE CONTINUED..................
♠ ♠ ♠
*facepalmed*