TLOZ Chatroom

Bad Stuff

PREVIOUSLY..........

Midna, Tet, Kaikoura, and Sheik took a group of Kaikoura’s old friends and family and searched through Castle Town for Link. The majority found out about the announcement previously made by Zelda, Ganondorf and Rabia, and Tet secretly found out that Zelda was taken from the castle. With this information, Sheik and Nasty went to save Peach with the help of Ronnie. Ronnie and Peach managed to escape from Ganondorf, but Sheik, Nasty, and Marth weren’t so lucky...
So to simplify, Link saved Zelda, Ronnie saved Peach, no one cares about Zant (as always), and Rabia is still pregnant.

Link: Author, when do we find out what happened to Zelda and me?

Well Link, if you just shush it and read you might find out >___>

Zant: Author, when will there be another actual chatroom chapter?

Well Zant, if you keep your non existent nose out of it you might find out >___>

Ganondorf: Author, when will you just quit with the commentary and move on with the story?

Well Ganondorf, if you -- oh...

ON WITH THE STORY!!!!!

Looming in the distance high above the clouds of Hyrule was the Palace of Winds. A single window was visible, and from inside this window came a clang and a crash.
The room was dark, lit dimly by a single lantern bobbing about endless rows of books. Vaati held the lantern’s handle with his mouth as he balanced an enormous book on his hip. After a moment, he let out an exasperated noise and threw the ornate book back into a stack before him. This continued for hours longer -- Vaati flipping through pages just to throw the selected book back in its pile. Eventually, he let out an “aha!” and raced, quite clumsily, out of the crowded room.
“This is the one!” he panted, resting it with a thump on a nearby table. Shadow sat at a chessboard and looked on at Vaati with little interest. He turned his attention back to the elderly man across from him and their game of chess, moving a piece across the board. Vaati pointed to the page repeatedly to regain their focus. “This one right here! It requires essence of squid and sesame seeds,” he said. A moment of silence followed, in which Vaati watched his servant expectantly. “Shadow?” Shadow sighed and stood, walking into a heavily shadowed corner and disappearing. “Thank you!” Vaati chirped.
He turned to the elderly man and petted his head affectionately. “You’ll be young again before you know it! Well... hopefully,” he said with a nervous chuckle. A clump of the man’s paled red hair came out in Vaati’s hand, at which he cleared his throat and quickly set it back on his head. He continued reading over the page from the open book for a moment longer before heading for the archway into the hall. “I’ll be right back, junior,” he said. He paused before adding, “Well... Senior... You know. Tell Shadow to wait up for me if he gets back before I do.” He left the room, his purple cap bobbing behind him as he did.

Shadow muttered to himself as he shuffled through the many cupboards of Vaati’s storage room. No essence of squid or sesame seeds were to be seen. He was about to give up when a black, spider-like figure came crawling through a nearby window, its long legs brushing against Shadow as it entered. He watched as it slowly morphed, eventually revealing itself to be Veran. She smiled, brushing hair out of her face with her forefinger.
“Hi Shadow,” she started. He turned to the door and began heading for it. “Looking for this?” She held a bottle and a small bag in her hand. He stopped, approaching and standing before her.
“Is that essence of squid or octorok?” he asked, pointing at the bottle.
“Squid, of course.” He reached for it, but she pulled it away and gave him a pitiful look.
“I heard about you and Mandy. That’s really too bad. You’re okay?” she said. He swiped his hand to grab the supplies from her, but she pulled away further. “I’m sorry, she was kind of pretty. Aren’t you dating some frumpy Hylian girl now?”
“Can I just have the squid and seeds please?” he snarled. Veran rested her hand on her hips.
“What are these for, anyway? Are you brewing a love potion for Mandolin?” She looked at the label of the essence of squid bottle, scanning over it. Shadow jumped for it again, this time nearly falling out the window as Veran glided to the side to avoid him. She looked at him with raised eyebrows. “I didn’t think those actually worked though. Have you guys ever made one?” Shadow stepped close in annoyance, trying to snatch the ingredients again in vain.
“Can you give me the ingredients please?!” he cried. She blinked at him and touched his shoulder gingerly.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” He narrowed his eyes at her.
“Lord Vaati needs these. Don’t you want to tell him you found them, then try to make a move again?” he snapped. She glared back down at him.
“You don’t have to talk to me like that.” She let her hand slip off his shoulder. “I thought you liked me enough to confide in me.” He suddenly let out a sob and let his head fall on her chest in defeat. She looked down at him in disgust, awkwardly patting his back as he cried into her cleavage.
“You’re right,” he choked out after a moment. “I’m sorry, Veran. I’m m-miserable, and Master is making things w-worse. ‘Get this, do that, why are you looking at me like that? Hurry up! Clean this, fetch that, don’t forget the rotwurst!’ It’s l-like he doesn’t even care. He’s punished me twice already this week for being too slow!” He sobbed some more, and Veran brought him into a hug.
“My poor Shadow,” she said, uninterested. “You don’t deserve that at all.” He continued to cry.
“I b-bet Midna’s moved on already... I bet she’s gone to Link...” he muttered.
“She would be a fool to leave you for Link,” she said, mostly sincere. She patted his head softly. Suddenly, her eyes lit up and she a sinister smile crossed her lips. “You just need a break.” He sniffled and looked up at her.
“A break? From what?” he asked.
“From all,” she motioned about the room, “of this. Doesn’t Vaati ever give you a vacation?” Shadow blinked and looked down in thought.
“Well... I mean, I never thought about it, really... But--”
“Hush,” she said, petting his hair sweetly. “You’re not a slave, Shadow. Think about it -- haven’t you realized how airheaded your master is?” Shadow went to protest, but was cut off again. “The roles are pretty reversed if you ask me.” Shadow let his head fall on Veran again with a sigh.
After a moment, she pulled him off and held him at arms length. “Come on, come with me. Vaati obviously doesn’t realize all the hard work you do for him; you’re underappreciated.” He looked up with a sniffle.
“Lord Vaati would be really mad if I left without telling him,” he said.
“Just tell him you went with me for a while if he asks,” she suggested.
“But then I’d be in even more trouble,” he said with a whine. Her smile fell into a frown and she crossed her arms.
“Well, forget about him. Come on, I’ll make sure you don’t get in trouble,” she assured him. He thought for a moment before nodding, wiping his wet face with his sleeve. She smiled and led him to the window before he stopped her.
“Let’s leave the essence of squid and sesame seed though. Master Yaphet needs them.” She sighed before dropping them roughly on the windowsill.
“Alright. Let’s go then.” With that, they went through the window -- their black, wispy shadows making their way to land.

sdjbfksdjhfkjshdfkjsdhfkshdfksdhfksdhfksdhfksohfkjhfkjrhf

Ronnie stumbled up the path leading to Kaikoura and Sheik’s house. He panted loudly, his long hair sticking to his sweaty face. He approached the house and let Peach slip off his back. Without hesitation, he walked into the home without as much as a knock on the door; Peach followed suit. Kaikoura was nowhere to be seen, but Tet sat in the living room with a book. He looked up at Ronnie curiously before catching sight of Peach and jumping to his feet. “Princess Peach!” he exclaimed, wide-eyed. “How did you...?”
“Sheik is still in the castle,” Ronnie sputtered. “Where are Kaikoura and Midna?” Tet crossed the room to escort Peach to a chair.
“Kaikoura’s at work,” Tet replied. “As for Midna, I don’t know--”
“Go find her, now,” Ronnie interrupted. Tet paused before leaving Peach’s side and hastily exiting the house.
Ronnie paced about the house, roughly looking through cupboards and closets. Peach cleared her throat gently before speaking up.
“What are you doing?” she questioned.
“You’d think Sheik would have some sort of emergency shelter for refugees around here,” Ronnie muttered.
“Do most houses have those normally?” Peach asked in confusion. Ronnie sighed in annoyance.
“Thanks for the help, Sheik,” he said angrily. He looked to Peach in thought. “Where should you go to hide?” Peach ‘hmm’ed to herself, scanning her brain for an answer. After a moment she shrugged.
“I could always go back to the Mushroom Kingdom for the time being and ask the civilians for--” she started to suggest.
“Too obvious, Ganondorf would be able to find you in an instant,” he said. “Sheik’s house is way too easy as well.” They both sat in thought. As Ronnie opened his mouth to speak again, the door opened. The two whipped their heads around and breathed sighs of relief when Tet walked in once more. Ronnie stared at him. “Where is she?”
“She’s at the doctor’s office,” Tet said. “She said we should take Peach to the Gorons for now until we can figure out where she’ll be safest.”
“When will she get here?” Tet hesitated and looked down at his phone.
“Uhh, well...” Ronnie gave him an incredulous look.
“Is she planning on coming?”
“She’s not feeling well, okay? Give her a break,” Tet muttered. Ronnie continued to stare at him in disbelief.
“A break?” he cried.
“Yes, a very short break. Maybe it’s mono...”
“Oh, then by all means, let’s wait around until Midna feels better. We have all the time in the world to wait, after all,” Ronnie retorted spitefully. Tet ignored him and showed Peach to the bathroom.
“You can wash up before we leave for Death Mountain. I’ll go down to the village store and get you some new clothes,” he said. Peach nodded and stepped into the other room, shutting the door quietly behind her. Tet turned his attention back to Ronnie. “Are you going to come with us?”
“What other choice do I have?” he mumbled.
“Well, you could always wait for Kaikoura to come home,” Tet offered snidely. Ronnie made his way for the front door with a snarl.
“I’ll go get the clothes; you stay here and watch over Peach,” he muttered. Tet nodded, dropping back into his seat and resuming his place in his novel.
“Try not to take too long,” Tet said. Ronnie left the house quickly, leaving Tet alone once more.

meanwhile.....

Midna sat slouched over in a chair in the waiting room. She held her head in her hand, pulling her hood down lower to shade her vision. Her phone buzzed noisily by her side. She shakily gripped it and struggled to focus her eyes on the text on the screen.

Mess... 10:22
where a...

She let out a grunt of annoyance and squinted, holding her phone closer to her face.

Message received at 10:22
where are you???

She squinted harder to read the name of the sender but to no avail. She replied to the message, with some difficulty, anyway.

Message sent at 10:24
ims oick

She set her phone back down, and moments later it buzzed again. She sighed.

Message received at 10:25
where though??

She sluggishly sent a response before turning her phone off.

Message sent at 10:25
doctor

An older woman stepped out of a nearby room and peered over at Midna. “Midna?” She looked up, her hood flopping down over her eyes again. She pushed it back and looked at the woman. “Dr. Borville will see you now.” She stood and followed the woman into the other room and was greeted by a young, handsome, dark haired man. She figured she must be incredibly sick if she was starting to hallucinate. She stumbled over to a seat and ungracefully plopped herself down.
“A slight case of vertigo?” Dr. Borville questioned. Midna held her head once more.
“I’m not sure,” she croaked. “I-I was fine yesterday, but this morning I woke up and felt horrible.” He started penning down information on a clipboard.
“Does anything stick out in your mind that might be causing this?” he asked. She shook her head. He scooted his seat closer. “Hold your head up, please.” She did so, and he looked her over. He thought for a moment. “How long have you been in light? You look awfully pale.”
“Not long enough to feel sick. I’ve been covering myself during the sun’s peak hours,” she said. Dr. Borville reached into his coat pocket and procured a small flashlight.
“Look toward the door for me,” he said. She did so, and he clicked the light on. He scanned it across her eyes quickly. Immediately, she shut her eyes with a loud cry and clapped her hand over her mouth. Dr. Borville grabbed the nearby trash can and quickly held it to Midna. She buried her face in it, and he clicked the flashlight off. He resumed writing notes on his clipboard before he spoke again. “Just as suspected, you have an advanced stage of light sickness. You couldn’t have been doing so well yesterday if it’s this bad now. Are you sure it happened suddenly?” She coughed deeply before she weakly held her head up out of the can.
“I’m absolutely sure,” she squeaked. “I-I was doing great before I woke up this morning.” He sat in thought. He scooted closer again.
“Open your mouth for me,” he said. She did so, and he squinted to see into her mouth without the flashlight. After a second, he pulled back and blinked. The inside of her mouth and throat were littered with grey and purple splotchy dots. “What did you eat before you went to bed last night?”
“I didn’t eat anything,” Midna answered. “Why?”
“Did you have anything to drink?”
“Yes, just water. Why?”
“Did you leave it unattended for any time at all? Even just to go to the bathroom or grab a straw?”
“You think I was poisoned?” she asked, incredulous. “How can someone spike my drink to give me light sickness?”
“I’ve seen it before,” he said. “It’s usually caused by exposure to light, but in a case like this, it has probably come from a place with an unusual amount of light.” Midna waited for an elaboration, but didn’t receive one.
“Such as?” she asked. “How was this other person poisoned?” She stopped, a thought suddenly crossing her mind. “Wait, I don’t think it was the water I drank before bed.” The doctor cocked his head slightly.
“Then where do you believe it came from?” he questioned. She remembered the night before and, looking back upon it, couldn’t believe it hadn’t occurred to her earlier that it could have been the cause. She grinded her teeth together and slipped her phone out.
“I had some drinks with a friend,” she said. She waited impatiently for her phone to boot up.
“You think your friend poisoned you?” he asked. She shook her head.
“We know the man that bought us drinks.” She stopped to think. “...But why would he want to poison me?” she mumbled to herself. Dr. Borville watched her for a moment before reaching behind him for a notepad. He scribbled on it, then tore it off and handed it to Midna.
“Well, I may not be able to help you find out who poisoned you, but I can give you my medical advice.” Midna shakily took the paper from his hand. “I suggest you stay out of the light for a while. Maybe you should go back to your twilight world for a few weeks.” Midna gulped and rubbed her forehead nervously.
“Thank you for your opinion,” she said, resting the trash can next to her chair and standing up unsteadily. Dr. Borville rushed over to keep her from falling.
“Here, I’ll help you to the waiting room. Is anyone waiting for you out there?”
“I’m fine,” she said, stepping out of his grasp. “I think I can manage.” She trudged out of the building, pulling her hood down over her face again. She glanced down at her phone: three new messages. She opened them.
Message received at 10:26
what happened??

Message received at 10:29
???? call me!!!

Message received at 10:35
ronnie has peach!!!!!! not sheik though... where should we take her? ganon knows. please respondddddd midna

Midna’s eyes widened and she quickly pounded out a response.

Message sent at 10:55
bring her to cgorons. ber ther soon

She knocked a fist against her head and shut her eyes tightly. Her vision was becoming fuzzier. Some people glanced in her direction as she stumbled about the crowded street, but most just shoved past. She was nearly sent to the ground once or twice, and the third time she fell hard on her hands and shins. She struggled, unable to lift herself up. She tried for a while longer before giving up and letting out an anguished cry. The crowd ignored her and continued on, occasionally stepping on her jacket or hands.
Her headed pounded and the cold, wet stones beneath her were causing her to shiver more. She dragged herself forward a bit before giving up again. Her loud, heavy breath was hot, and it made her feel sleepy. She rested her forehead on her arms against the road. Soon, she closed her eyes and lost consciousness.

skdlhfjsdkhfdskjhdklhfkdlsjhfdkjhfdkjgkdhgkjshdkjshfsdh

Ganondorf dragged Sheik along, keeping him as close to his side as possible. “I thought you said Rabia wanted to talk to me. Where are we going?” Sheik said.
“We’re bringing you to someone else first,” Ganondorf answered. The two moved without speaking a word to one another until they reached a creepy dark corridor. It led down into the basement, quite close to the dungeons. Sheik almost hoped that he would just be thrown into the dungeons as well. But they turned abruptly to face a large, poorly-constructed wooden door. Ganondorf pushed it open with his other hand and threw Sheik ahead of him. Inside was so dark nearly nothing was visible; Sheik strained his eyes to see. Suddenly, two ugly, misshapen noses appeared in the air before him. Two pairs of crazy eyes followed a second later, as did a high pitched cackle. Sheik backed up slightly, bumping into Ganondorf. Ganondorf gripped his hair roughly and pushed him forward again.
“Don’t be frightened, boy,” one of the hags cooed. The other witch snapped her dry fingers together, and ice sprang up like a jail cell around him. Sheik looked at Ganondorf.
“Why are you bringing me to these witches?” he asked. Ganondorf raised an eyebrow at him.
“Why do you think?” he said. Sheik didn’t answer. “I’ll let you talk to Rabia. But first, you have to do me a favor.” The two witches floated, untroubled, around the ice prison.
“I’m not going anything for you,” Sheik said.
“Are you sure about that?” Ganondorf asked.
“You don’t scare me, Ganon,” he mumbled. Ganondorf narrowed his eyes at the Sheikah and stood in silence for a moment.
“Alright. Maybe they will change your mind,” he retorted. “If not...” He looked at the witches before shrugging. “...oh well.” He turned away, whipping his cape behind him. “I hope you change your mind, however.” He left the room, the door shutting behind him with a thunk. The two witches continued to giggle, and the one that had created the icicles around him lifted her giant wand. She waved it around above her head before striking it down, a beam of cold streaming out and enveloping around Sheik.
♠ ♠ ♠
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP wait what i thought those witches died