These Dreams Will Never Leave You

Un.

"That is the last fucking straw Kayden! Get the hell out of my house and never come to me again for anything! You're not my daughter anymore you filthy whore!" My mother screamed at me, sending another hard slap across my face.This time her nails caught side and left scratch marks.I hurried upstairs into the bathroom and looked at my face.My left eye was swollen, my lip was split, and the side of my face was scratched up.

Then to top it all off, my loser boyfriend, my baby's father, decided to leave us both.Not like he was good for anything though, he never came to see me while I was in the hospital having Skylar nor was he there to see her birth.That's not the sort of father she needed in her life.That's not the type of person that needed to be in her life at all.

"Skylar baby, we're gonna go on a trip okay?" I whispered to her, picking her up out of her crib and cuddling her in my arms."Momma." She gurgled, looking up at me with her sleepy eyes."Shh go to sleep." I rocked her back and forth, gathering as much of her stuff as I could into her diaper bag and then heading into my room and packing half of my stuff too.I knew I couldn't fit all of my things in my room into one suitcase, but I was going to do my best and take only what I thought was necessary.

Once everything was situated and ready, I headed downstairs and made sure I took all the
money I had stashed in my emergency box and called a taxi.Twenty minutes later, Skylar and I were at the bus station.I walked up to the ticket window and noticed the woman behind the glass staring at me with a shocked expression."Where to?" She asked slowly.I took a deep breath in "California." She typed it in on her computer quickly, scanning the screen."There's a seat left going to Huntington Beach for fifty dollars.Would you like that?" I nodded my head, handing her the money.

She slid the ticket out to me and pointed to the bus that I was going to be taking.I handed my ticket and my bag to the bus driver before climbing in and taking a seat near the window.I looked out into the cold, gray, Oregon morning sky and held my sleeping baby girl close to me while we started to depart the bus station."We will be in California by tomorrow morning miss." The bus driver said to me.I simply nodded my head and put one ear phone in, the sound of HIM' s "Gone With The Sin" filling my head before I decided to finally get what little sleep I could.

Suddenly I felt myself being shaken awake."Ma'am we're here." I sighed and carried Skylar off the bus and grabbed my bag.The warm beach air was calm and the sound of the ocean was soothing."Well baby, we're finally in California." I said as I headed to a nearby coffee shop,holding tightly onto her hand."What can I get you?" The girl behind the counter asked."Just a regular black coffee." She smiled and went to the coffee maker."That will be "3.75" She said as she handed it to me.I dug around my purse but was stopped by a hand.

"Don't worry about it, I got it." A deep voice said as they handed the girl the money.When I finally looked up, my eyes went wide."Um, thank you." I said softly, looking at the person standing beside me."You're welcome.My name's Matt." He extended his hand out for me to shake.I shook it gently and smiled at him."I'm Kayden and this is Skylar." She hid herself behind me, being shy."Aw she's a cutie.Is she your-" He paused "My daughter."

I saw him make sort of a surprised expression, but then quickly grin, exposing his dimples which were incredibly adorable."Would you like to sit and talk?" He asked.I looked around nervously but decided that it would be okay."So if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" I sipped at my coffee and sighed "I'm eighteen and yourself?"

"I'm twenty four." I nodded and looked at Skylar who was in the middle of eating a piece of banana bread."You're in Avenged Sevenfold." I said with a smirk, but wincing in pain from the cut in my lip."Yes.If you don't mind, what happened to you? I mean you look like you got in a fight with a brick wall." I sort of chuckled but frowned slightly."My parents." Was all I said before finishing off the rest of my coffee.

He looked at me sympathetically, putting a hand on my shoulder."I'm sorry.No person should ever have to go through stuff like that.But what about your babies dad? " I laughed and shook my head."He was a good for nothing asshole.Got me knocked up at 16 and was never there for me at all.Didn't even see his daughter be born.I don't care about all that though, that's why I left." He just nodded and stayed silent."Sorry." I mumbled softly.

"No no it's my fault, I'm the one asking all the questions.One last one; where did you leave from?" He asked quickly."Oregon." I turned and held Skylar in my arms, wiping the crumbs off her face.'Mama thirsty!" She said, pointing to her cup.I handed it to her and kissed her forehead, making her giggle.

"Well do you have a place to stay?" I sighed deeply.I didn't and I knew some cheap motel wasn't gonna help much either."No." I said honestly.He grabbed my hand and looked down at me "Look, it's no problem at all you can stay in the guest room at my house.It's right on the beach and there's enough room for you and your daughter." I looked at him in disbelief, my mouth hanging open.

"You don't have to do that for me, we just met." He groaned and stretched out his arms "But you know who I am, and I would never put you or Skylar in any danger." His words were caring and sincere."Okay Matt.We'll come stay with you." I said smiling as I picked up Skylar and threw away her mess while Matt insisted he would carry our bags.When we got to his house, my eyes grew wide in amazement.

It was big and had a lot of space.To put it simply, his house was pure breathtaking.When we walked in through the door, I froze in my spot and completely forgot how to talk "Well who do we have here?" I saw Matt grin widely and motion for me to come here."Guys, this is Kayden....."
♠ ♠ ♠
Leaving it at sort of a cliffhanger I guess.I've been wanting to write a M.Shadows story for a while now so please let me know what you think! comments make me smile.Enjoy :)