Status: In Progress.

You Belong With Me

Unexpected News

"Bloody hell," I muttered to myself as I walked through the crowded street and wrapped my coat around me tighter.

It was a cold and dreary day. The kind of day that made me want to stay home and laze around on the couch all day, but Tom had asked me to meet him for lunch. There was no way I could refuse.

I began walking faster as the restaurant came into view. I was running a little late and I wanted out of the miserably cold temperature. I could have drove or simply taken a cab, but I thought it would be ridiculous since I didn't live far from the restaurant anyways. At that moment, I began thinking it was ridiculous that I didn't do either of the two.

I finally made it to the door and opened it quickly, welcoming the warmth that suddenly enveloped me as I made my way inside. It felt absolutely amazing.

I scanned the restaurant until I finally spotted a pair of familiar piercing blue eyes looking back at me. A smile graced my lips as I made my way over to who they belonged to.

"Abbie," Tom said as he smiled and stood up to give me hug. "About time you showed up. I was beginning to wonder if you were even going to come."

"I'm sorry," I said as I returned his hug.

"It's quite alright," he said as he sat back down. "I haven't been here too long myself."

"Good," I said as I took my coat off and hung it on the back of my chair along with my purse.

A waiter approached our table to take our drink order not long after I got seated. After doing so, he left to fetch them as he gave us more time to look over our menus.

"How have things been since I last seen you?" Tom asked as he leaned back in his seat, getting comfortable.

"For Heaven's sakes, Tom, you act as if we haven't seen or talked to each other in ages," I said with a smile. "Wasn't it just a couple of nights ago we were having dinner with our friends?"

"A lot of things can happen in a short amount of time," he said with a huge grin.

I looked at him curiously before the waiter came back with our drinks and took our orders. We both politely thanked him as he took our menus and left our table.

"Abbie, there's something I would like to tell you," Tom said as he leaned forward and rested his arms on the table.

"What would that be, Tom?" I asked as I picked up my drink to take a sip.

"I'm thinking about...proposing to Jade."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not too sure about this, but I wanted to update anyways. I know it's short, but I wanted this chapter to end with a cliffhanger. I want to thank everyone who has read, subscribed, and commented. I really appreciate it :).