Status: In Progress.

You Belong With Me

The Party

As I looked at myself in the vanity mirror, I sighed in frustration. I was not looking forward to going to the party. Not in the slightest bit, but I knew I had to get over it. I was going whether I liked it or not. I had to be there for Tom. I was his best friend after all.

I looked over to the clock hanging on my wall and discovered that Daniel would be by any moment to pick me up. I picked up the new lip gloss I had bought and began to apply it to my lips. When I was finishing up, there was a knock on my door. I put the lip gloss down and walked to the door. I opened it to find a very well dressed Daniel. He was wearing a very nice black tuxedo that looked perfect on him. He looked dashing.

"Wow, Daniel, you look so handsome," I said, stepping aside to let him in.

"Thank you," he said, smiling. "You look amazing. That dress is perfect on you."

"Thank you," I said as I blushed at the comments he gave me.

"Are you ready to leave?"

"Almost," I said. "I just have a few more things to do."

"That's fine," he said. "Take your time. We're not in any rush."

I left him as I walked to my room to finish getting ready. I grabbed my clutch off of my bed and packed a few things I thought I might need inside of it. The heels I had chosen to wear were laying on the floor so I picked them up and slipped them onto my feet. The coat I had set out to wear earlier was still in it's place. I put it on quickly and looked at my appearance.

After I was done with all of that, I walked back into the living room where I had left Daniel. He stood up from the couch when I appeared and smiled at me.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing," he said. "I just can't get over how breathtaking you look."

"That's enough making me blush for one night," I said as I felt my cheeks get hot again.

He chuckled as we walked to my door to leave. I shut and locked it securely before following him to the elevator. We walked in together when the doors opened and he pushed the button that would take us to the lobby.

"This should be a fun party," Daniel said.

"Yeah, I bet it will be," I lied.

Daniel must not have known because he didn't say anything to my comment. The doors to the elevator finally opened, revealing the lobby to us. We stepped out and made our way outside where the limo and chauffeur was waiting for us. I got inside first and when I was settled, Daniel followed. The door closed and, soon, the limo was moving.

"I must say, Daniel, I was rather surprised you asked me to be your date," I said to him after we had been riding a little while.

"Why is that?" he asked, curiously.

"Well, you could have asked any girl you wanted, but you asked me instead."

"I didn't want to ask any other girl, Abbie," he said, truthfully. "I wanted to take you."

I didn't know what to say to that and, thankfully, I didn't have to say anything because we pulled up to the building where the party was being held. I looked out of the tinted windows and noticed a number of paparazzi outside just waiting to snap pictures of the people showing up for Tom and Jade's party. I looked bewildered. Sure, I was used to paparazzi, having the friends I had, but it still made me feel a bit uneasy. I could hear Daniel saying a couple of profanities under his breath as he saw them, too.

"I didn't know they were going to be here," he said. "They must have found out about their party. It's better to just give them a couple of pictures."

'Jade probably let them know about it. She just loves attention.'

I nodded in agreement and waited for the chauffeur to open the door. Daniel stepped out first and I followed close behind. Daniel held out his arm for me and I took it, gratefully. It helped ease my nerves a bit as flashes broke out and people yelled Daniel's name. We posed for a few pictures together and quickly walked to the entrance of the building. Daniel opened the door for me like a gentleman and I stepped inside. My mouth dropped at how many people were present at the party.

"Could they have invited anymore people?" I asked as Daniel came to stand beside of me.

"I'm sure," Daniel replied. "You know how Jade is a people person. There will probably be more at the wedding."

"Abbie, Daniel!" I heard someone, who sounded much like Emma yell.

Sure enough, we both turned and found her walking towards us with a guy I had met a few times before. He was one of her friends.

"I was wondering when you two would show up," Emma said as she finally made it to us.

"Have you ever heard of being fashionably late?" I asked her.

"I invented that," she said, waving it off. "You've met my friend, William, before, right?"

"I believe we've met a few times," I said. "It's nice to see you again, William."

"You as well," he replied.

"Why don't we all find somewhere to sit and chat?" Emma said.

"I'm going to go to the ladies room real quick," I said to them. "I'll find you guys."

"Okay," Daniel said. "Let me take your coat for you."

I took it off and thanked him as I handed it to him. I walked away from them in search of the ladies room. I was hoping to find Tom on the way there. It seemed like it had been forever since we had really talked to each other. I really missed him. I stopped in my tracks as I spotted him a few feet away from me, chatting with a buddy of his. He looked away from his friend and his eyes landed on me, as if he knew I was standing there. I watched as he excused himself and walked over to me.

"Abbie, there you are!" he said, excitedly, as he hugged me. "I've missed my best friend!"

"I've missed you, too," I said, hugging him back. "Are you enjoying your party?"

"Yeah, but it's a little too many people for my liking," he said, honestly. "I don't even know who half these people are. Jade invited most of them. I had a shorter guest list."

"I imagine," I said. "You never were one for a crowd like this."

"I guess I will have to get used to it. You look stunning by the way."

"Tom, I've been looking everywhere for you!" Jade exclaimed before I could even reply to him. "What are you doing?"

Of course she would have to show up out of nowhere when I was finally able to talk with Tom.

"Talking with Abbie," he said to her.

"Oh, hi, Abbie," she said, finally acknowledging my presence. "Glad you could make it."

"It's a lovely party," I said, trying to sound sincere.

"Thank you," she said, running her left hand through her hair. It was almost as if she was trying to flaunt her ring to me. From what I could see of it, it was way too big and flashy. No doubt, Jade had somehow picked out the ring herself. I wouldn't put it past her. "I really hate to interrupt the conversation you both were having, but there is someone I would really like for you to meet, babe."

"Okay, sweetie," he said. "I guess I will talk to you later tonight, Abbie."

"Yeah, that sounds fine," I said, trying to get over the pet names they had used for each other. I should have been used to it by then, but it still hurt all the same.

I watched as they both walked off and Tom put his hand on Jade's lower back, guiding her through the crowd of people. Finally, I turned away and walked quickly to the ladies room. I needed to be alone for a moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Abbie's Outfit.

I hope all of you enjoyed the update. A big thank you to everyone that has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really do appreciate it :). Please comment and let me know what all of you think of the story so far. I'd really appreciate it :).