Status: In Progress.

You Belong With Me

The Club

The crowd of people seemed to grow as the night went on. Daniel, Emma, William, and I were sitting on a large, round couch together. Rupert and his date, Maegan, even joined us once they were able to find us.

"This is ridiculous," Rupert said as he looked around.

I nodded as Daniel shifted his arm that was around me. He had managed to get it around me sometime during the night. Emma had given me a look, but I ignored it. It wasn't like he hadn't put his arm around me before.

"It is pretty over the top," Emma said.

"I say we get out of here and go to the club," Rupert said to us. "It has to be better than this."

"I'm with him," I said as I sat my glass of champagne down.

"We can't just leave," Emma said. "We haven't been here that long and we're here for Tom."

"Oh, come on," Rupert said. "He won't even notice we're gone. Not with with a crowd like this."

"He has a point," Daniel said.

After we all agreed, we got up from the couch and made our way to the exit. I spotted Tom on our way out and stopped. He was standing beside Jade talking to a group of people I had never met. He had his arm around her waist and smiled down at her as she said something. He looked so happy with her.

"Are you coming, Abbie?" Daniel asked me.

"What?" I asked, shaking my head of my thoughts. "Oh, yeah. Let's go."

Daniel put his hand on my back and steered me through the crowd until we finally made it to the door. I took a deep breath when we were outside. It looked like most of the paparazzi had left, which made me grateful. Daniel helped me into my coat as the limo pulled up in front of us. We both got in and, once I was settled, I sighed and laid my head back.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked me once the limo started moving.

"I'm fine," I said. "Just not a very fun party."

"It wasn't," he said. "We should have fun now. I'll make sure of it."

I smiled at Daniel. He really was a great friend. That's all I thought of him, though. I wasn't sure I could think of him as anything but a friend. I was so in love with Tom that I had never given Daniel much thought in that way.

We pulled up to the club moments later and got out. We walked inside quickly to get out of the cold. Emma, William, Rupert, and Maegan were waiting by the entrance for us. We followed Rupert and Maegan as they led us to an empty table.

"We'll go get drinks," Rupert said, referring to himself, Daniel, and William.

As they walked to the bar, I took off my coat and settled back in my seat. I felt myself relax as I listened to the music. It was a much better atmosphere. I could tell Emma and Maegan felt the same way.

"This was a good call," I said to them.

"Yeah, I had no idea there would be that many people at the party," Maegan said. "Rupert told me that it was just a little party for Tom and Jade's engagement."

"None of us knew it would be like that," Emma said.

The guys came back with the drinks soon and Daniel handed me mine once he sat down beside of me. I thanked him and took a sip of it.

"Oh, I love this song!" Maegan said when the song had changed. "Dance with me, Rupert!"

"I'm not a good dancer," Rupert said with a funny look on his face.

"Please?" she asked, sweetly.

"Okay then."

They walked off to the the dance floor. Rupert was an okay dancer if he wasn't stepping on your feet.

"Would you like to dance, Abbie?" Daniel asked me.

"I would love to," I said and smiled.

We both got up and found a spot on the dance floor. I let my body move to the music thumping from the speakers. Daniel and I were pretty close to each other as we danced, but I didn't mind.

"Are you having fun now?" Daniel asked close to my ear so I could hear him.

"I am," I said, smiling.

He smiled in return and did a funny move to make me laugh, which I did. I was having such a great time dancing with him. He was a great dancer and it took my mind off everything else, which is what I needed. The song went off and soon changed to something more slow. Daniel and I stood sort of awkwardly, but he soon put his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck in return and moved slowly to the music.

"You really do look beautiful tonight, Abbie," Daniel said.

"Didn't I already tell you to stop making me blush," I said, smiling and feeling my cheeks begin to burn.

He smiled in return and continued staring into my eyes as I did his. His smile slowly began to fade as he leaned his head ever so slowly to mine. I felt my eyes close, but came back to reality quickly.

"I'm perched," I said before his lips could touch mine. "I think I need a drink."

He simply nodded and walked to the bar while I walked back to our table. Emma was chatting with William when I made it back.

"Emma, can I speak with you?" I asked.

"Sure," she said. "Let's go to the ladies room."

I nodded and grabbed my clutch as I waited for her. We both began walking and made it to the ladies room quickly.

"So what's going on?" Emma asked as she sat her clutch down on the counter and looked at me.

"Daniel...well, he tried kissing me," I said.

"Really?" Emma asked not sounding shocked.

"Don't say it, Emma," I said, warning her.

"Say what exactly?" she asked, acting innocent.

"You know what," I said. "I mean, maybe it was just some spur of the moment thing. There is no way that-"

"Oh, for Heaven's sake, Abbie," Emma said. "Don't you get it? Daniel likes you!"

A couple of girls that were fixing their hair in the mirrors stopped what they were doing and looked at us.

"Would you mind keeping your voice down please?" I asked.

"I'm sorry," she said more quietly. "No offense, but you're just so dense sometimes. You know he likes you. You're just trying to ignore it."

"I am not."

She gave me a look and I sighed.

"Okay, maybe I am, but I just don't know that I feel the same way about him. I've only thought of him as a friend."

"Because you've never given yourself the chance to think of him as anything else," Emma said. "You've only ever had your mind on Tom and, I hate to say it, but maybe it's about time for you to move on from him, Abbie. You would be doing yourself a favor."

"You and I both know that that is easier said than done, Emma," I said feeling frustrated and confused.

"I know," she said, "but you have to try, Abbie. For yourself. You deserve to be happy. You won't be if you don't move on from him."

"I know," I said. "Let's go back out."

She nodded and grabbed her clutch from the counter. We walked back to our table and sat down. Daniel smiled slightly as he scooted my drink closer to me. I smiled and took a sip from it.

"Bloody hell I'm hot," Rupert said as he and Maegan came back to the table. He fell into a seat and grabbed his drink.

I noticed Maegan sit down and take off her heels, wincing as she stretched out her toes.

"He has two left feet doesn't he?" I asked her.

"You're not joking," she said. "Still fun all the same."

The night continued on with all of us drinking and having a good time. I felt myself getting tipsy as drinks kept coming my way. I was practically giggling at everything everyone was saying.

"You're drunk," Rupert said to me.

"I am not," I said, laughing. "I am tipsy. There's a difference."

"Well, I think we should call it a night," Emma said. "I have to be up early."

"Oh, come on," I pouted. "Let's stay a bit longer."

"I think Emma's right," Daniel said. "It's getting pretty late."

"Fine."

I stood up and stumbled a bit, but Daniel managed to steady me. He helped me with my coat and we all walked to the door. After saying our farewells to everyone, we got into the limo and began our journey back to my apartment. Once I was settled, I opened my clutch and grabbed my cell phone. I unlocked it and found I had a few text messages, but one of them stood out the most.

Where are you? I've been looking for you everywhere.

It was from Tom. I put my phone back into my clutch. I did not want to text him back right now. I felt bad for leaving the party and especially without telling him. I sighed as I leaned my head on the cool window.

"Everything okay?" Daniel asked from beside of me.

"Yeah," I said. "I guess I was tired after all."

The rest of the ride to my apartment was left in comfortable silence. I had closed my eyes and felt myself drifting off.

"We're here," Daniel said.

I opened my eyes and got out when the door opened. Daniel followed me and held my arm to help me walk because I was still staggering bit. He didn't let go till we were finally at the door of my apartment and I was digging my keys out of my clucth. I unlocked it and stepped inside.

"Will you be okay from here?" Daniel asked me.

"I'll be fine," I said. "Thank you for a fun night, Daniel. I really had a great time."

"I did, too," he said. "Thank you for going with me."

I smiled and stood there for a moment before he kissed my cheek.

"Good night," he said and walked to the elevator.

I shut the door and leaned against it. It really was a great night. I walked to my bedroom to get ready for bed. I laid down in my bed when I was done and closed my eyes. I was so tired that I ignored the ringing of my cell phone and fell fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed the update. I know it has been forever, but a lot has been going on. Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really do appreciate it :). Please comment and let me know what all of you think of the story so far.