Status: In Progress.

You Belong With Me

Surprised

The next day, I woke up to my cell phone ringing. I groaned as I reached over for it on the nightstand, only managing to knock it off instead. I said some profanities as I reached down for it and and answered it without looking to see who it was.

"Hello."

"Hi, Abbie. I didn't wake you did I?"

It was Daniel.

"Hi, Daniel," I said as I leaned back onto the headboard of my bed. "No, you didn't wake me. How are you?"

"I'm good," he said. "I don't have anything to do today so I was wondering if you would like to hang out. If you don't have other plans of course."

"Sure, that sounds fun," I said as I smiled.

"Great," he said. "You can just call me when you're ready and I will pick you up."

"Okay," I said. "I'll see you soon."

"Bye, Abbie."

I hung up my phone and stretched. It was nice that Daniel invited me to spend the day with him. I had had a great time with him the night before so I was looking forward to hanging out with him.

As I got out of bed and checked my phone, I noticed that I had a missed call. I looked at it to find that it had been Tom. I sighed to myself. I still felt bad for the night before and I didn't know what I was going to tell him. I could play it off like I was at the party and he just couldn't find me, but I didn't want to lie to him about it. I felt like he would understand if I told him the truth. I pressed the call button as I walked into my kitchen and waited for him to answer.

"Abbie, my friend," I heard him say when he answered. "I thought you had dropped from the face of the earth or something. Where were you last night?"

"Well, we had all left early and went to the club," I said. "We thought the party was just a bit too crowded. I'm really sorry we didn't stay."

"Don't worry about it," he said. "I should have went with you. I didn't think I was ever going to get out of there. All of those people were pretty overwhelming, too. I was talking to people that I didn't even know like we were old friends, but Jade was happy about the outcome of the party so I couldn't complain."

"Yeah, I guess not," I said not knowing what else to say.

"Anyways, I was thinking we could hang out today," he said. "Jade has some wedding stuff she's taking care of that she doesn't need me for. What do you say?"

Any other time, I would tell him he was crazy for asking. That he knew I would hang out with him, but I had already made plans with Daniel and I wasn't sorry that I had.

"I would, but I already have plans with Daniel today."

"Oh...," he said, trailing off. "Well, I hope you guys have fun."

What was that about? He didn't sound very happy about it. I guess I was just imagining things.

"You can join us if you like," I offered.

"No, no," he said. "You two have fun. I can find something else to do."

"If you're sure," I said.

"I am," he assured. "I'm going to get off here now. Bye, Abbie."

"Bye, Tom," I said.

I set my phone on the counter once I ended the call and sighed. That was the first time I ever turned down a chance to hang out with Tom and it surprised me. It seemed to have taken him by surprise as well. He also seemed surprised that I was going to be hanging out with Daniel. He even seemed disappointed. I shook my head of the thoughts because the only thing they seemed to do was confuse me. I didn't need to think to much into it so I left the kitchen and walked to my bathroom to get ready to spend the day with Daniel.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but at least it's an update. I hope all of you like it. Thank you to everyone that has read. subscribed, and/or commented. It really makes me happy :). Please comment and let me know what all of you think of the story so far.