Status: new; active.

In a Proverbial Tree

roxanne

My heart softly pounded in my chest, as my grip tightened around the glass bottle of mikes hard lemonade. This boy was hypnotizing, surely he was aware for he kept looking down upon me and smirking. He looked like the cockiest boy on earth, the way all the girls swooned over him in the crowd, causing him to laugh semi-wryly. He was attractive and he knew it, and it was quite irritating at the moment. The singer kept coming towards the crowd, hovering right above, causing girls to topple all over me, smashing into me in the process. He held his hand out, and got on his knees, singing the lines of their first song to me. A girl that had been repeatedly calling me names for so attention given to me, kept pushing me on purpose, and when he reached out his hand, she tugged my hair back with force, causing me to fall to the ground. As if my heart weren’t pounding hard and fast enough, I was infuriated at that point. I noticed the singing had stopped, I picked myself off the ground, I acted on anger and instinct, and pulled my arm back hitting the girl with my fist.

“Now that is no way to treat a lady.” I turned around to see an outstretched arm demanding for me.

“Ladies and gentlemen, don’t ever hurt a lady to get any ones attention.” He shook his arms toward me expectantly, I grabbed on hesitantly, and was immediately pulled on stage.

“Now, if you don’t already know, I’m Brendon, and we are Panic at the disco. And now that you’ve been saved, what is your name love?” I froze. I could feel hundreds of eyes burning into me.

“Umm...” I was completely at a loss of words, I did not like this attention, I looked towards the back stage area and saw Jenny standing there mouthing ‘say something’.

“from Umbridge?” joked said Brendon, causing me to furrow my eye brows in slight frustration.

“No you twat.” I muttered lowly, hunching a bit and crossing my arms. Boy was this guy quite the fucking aggravation machine.

“Sorry sweetie, what was that? Speak a little louder!” He looked at me, full on smirk coated his face.

“Roxanne, sweetie, and you should listen a little more closely, or is your over inflated ego suffocating your ear drums?” I retorted, raising an eye brow and setting a hand on my hip.

“Well you know how to put on a damn red light.” I pressed the opening of my glass bottle to my lips and chugged what was left of it, and shoved it toward Brendon before heading off stage toward Jenny. As soon as I got to her, she pulled me out of the back doors of the venue.

“Please please PLEASE don’t get in a bad mood Ky, I’m begging you now.” I huffed, rolling my eyes and mentally punching myself in the face.

“What ever, give me a damn cigarette.” I wrapped my arms around myself. Jenny stuck a cigarette in my mouth, and lit it without a word. After about an hour of me trying to get over my hiss fit, I finally gave in and went back inside, Jenny and I with linked arms. Almost quickly I regretted coming back inside. In the corner of the medium sized band area, sat said Brendon on a couch, looking straight at me. I sighed sharply and averted my gaze from him.

“Spence, this is Kyle.” She said nudging me to him.

“Nice to finally meet you Kyle, I’ve heard a ton about you.” I shook his hand and smiled, “So have I, it’s nice to finally be able to put a face to your name.”

“Roxanne?” asked Brendon who now stood beside Spencer.

“Dude, she obviously lied, this is Kyle!” exclaimed Spencer, shoving Brendon.

“I thought Kyle was a guy?” he rubbed his arm in the are where he was pushed.

“I do not have a male appendage, therefore, no guy.” I said glaring at him.

“Well my apologies. Kyle...?” he put his hands up in defeat.

“Casablanca. And you are?” I asked uninterested.

“You don’t know me?” He asked in slight disbelief, I just stared at him waiting for his response.

“I’m Brendon, we just met on stage?” he said scratching the back of his head.

“No shit, I mean what’s your last name?” He narrowed his eyes, and spoke “Urie.”

“Touche.” I say, turning toward Jenny, who gave me a confused look.

“What?” I ask, she pursed her lips and smiled, shaking her head.

Jenny, Brendon, Spencer and I had decided to go to a nearby Denny’s for some food. Spencer and I got along pretty well, we were already making jokes, while Jenny and Brendon laughed. Although I wasn’t really directing any verbal communication to Brendon, I couldn’t help but glance at him every so often, I would catch him doing the same and turning away when caught, and vice versa.

“ So Kyle, what do you do? Jenny says you do hair?” Spencer inquired, playing with Jenny's hand in the process.

“Yes, I work at a local salon, I went to a cosmetology institute here, and have been employed for almost two years.” I replied taking a bite out of my french toast.

“How old are you?” Brendon intervened before drinking his soda.

“Eighteen.” He choked on his drink. “I’m sorry, did you say eighteen?”

“Yes, I did. I graduated early.” I smiled and continued eating.

“Ky was an overachiever.” Jenny giggled, throwing her arms around me. “I love my widdle Kylie Skye!” I groaned, slapping my hand to my forehead.

“You do not look eighteen.” he assured. “Yeah, you look our age!” Spencer shouted.

“Which is?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I’m twenty four” “twenty three” said Brendon and Spencer at the same time.

“Ooh ooh I turned twenty today!” Jenny exclaimed wriggling around in her seat.

“Did somebody say birthday?” Our waiter came out with a mini cake topped with single candle, setting it in front of Jenny, followed by people in the diner to sing happy birthday.

Jenny and I arrived back at our apartment around four in the morning, I was extremely exhausted, and I had to be at work in about seven hours. The night was filled with more emotion than an entire months worth. Frustration, Confusion, Joy, I had actual conversations with people other than the small talk with my costumers, and co-workers. It was overwhelming, but it felt nice. I felt human.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited, I ordered an acoustic Epiphone last Thursday and it should arrive later on today, or tomorrow.
I couldn't wait to get this up, I'm going to start on my part of being me soon.
Now i'm going to eat rice krispies and go to sleep :3
Please please PREEETTTYYYY PLEEEEEEAAAASSEEE comment this story? give me my first star :( and subscribe, and tell your friends !!!
<33