Status: WIP

When Boy Meets Boy

Tutor Session

"You're failing." Mr. Gideon said, sitting down at his desk.

"I know, Mr. Gideon, English has never been my forte." I said, looking down at my clasped hands.

"Yea, I know that. But, if your grades don't improve, you won't be able to play on the football team." He said sympathetically.

"B-" I tried to protest but he continued.

"Now, there is an alternative. I want you to get a tutor. I already have someone picked out for you, you'll meet with him after schools on Fridays and Mondays."

"That's my only other option?"

"As of now? Yes." I sighed, knowing I had no other option.

"Fine," I sighed, "I'll do it."

"I thought you would." He said, a small smile on his face. "You'll start today, meet him in the media center after school today. He'll be waiting."

"Fine." I grumbled, getting my book bag and leaving for lunch.

The rest of the day went by without a hitch, I was not looking toward after school though. What if it's some creepy ass old man…I shuddered at the mere thought. Well, this is crappy way to start off the weekend. Slowly, I walked up the stairs for the media center, trying to stall doing work. I looked around the room, shelves and shelves of book that were just attracting dust, a few students scattered around the room, some doing homework on the compute, others studying in a small group. I saw a small table occupied by one lone person, his head buried within a book. Might as well, I said to myself.

"Um, hi.." I said, walking up towards his table. He looked up at me, he looked to be a little too young to be in High School. If I'm being tutored by a f'ing middle school-er, I will never forgive Mr. Gideon. He had short, brown hair, black rimed glasses, and he wearing the dorkiest clothes; a brown sweater vest, a white, button shirt, black slacks, and his messenger bag sat next to his chair. "I think you're my tutor…Mr. Gideon sent me…" I said awkwardly.

"Derek Morgan?" He asked, closing his book.

"The one and only." He gave me a small smirk before extending his hand.

"Spencer Reid, nice to meet you." He said nervously.

"Nice to meet you too." I said, ignoring the shot of electricity that shot up my arm when our hands touched. I sat down across from him, and took out all of my books. "So are ya' a freshman?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Um, no. I'm a Junior."

"You're kidding." I said in disbelief.

"No, why would I joke about that?" He asked confused.

"W-Well, you look so young, a-and, really a Junior?"

"I thought we covered this." He said, "Yes, I am a Junior. Now, shall we get to work?"

"U-Um, yea." I said, looking down at my book.

"Mr. Gideon said your class is studying Greek Mythology?"

"Yep."

"Which one are you guys on?"

"Well, we're studying Cronus."

"Where do you wanna start?"

"The beginning?" I said, more in the form of the question than a statement.

"Ah, okay. Well, Cronus was Titan. In Greek mythology, the Titans were a race of powerful deities, descendants of Gaia and Uranus, that ruled during the legendary Golden Age. In the first generation of twelve Titans, the males were Oceanus," He said, counting off the Titans on his fingers. He wasn't even looking a freaking book. He was doing this all by memory. "Hyperion, Coeus, Cronus, Crius and Iapetus and the females were Mnemosyne, Tethys, Theia, Phoebe, Rhea and Themis. The second generation of Titans consisted of Hyperion's children Eos, Helios, and Selene; Coeus's daughters Leto and Asteria; Iapetus's sons Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, and Menoetius; Oceanus' daughter Metis; and Crius's sons Astraeus, Pallas, and Perses. The Titans as Elder Gods were overthrown by a race of younger gods, the Olympians, in the Titanomachy which effected a mythological paradigm shift that the Greeks may have borrowed from the Ancient Near East. Do you get it?" He asked, finally come out of lecture mode.

"You did that from memory."

"Yes?"

"How?"

"Oh, well I have an eidetic memory." He said simply. I couldn't help the blank stare that came over me. "I remember everything?"

"Ah." I said, still trying to processes all of this. "You skipped some grades, didn't you?

"Well, they offered me to do so. But, I said no, being a 12 year old high school graduate didn't seem so appealing." He said, a light blush invading his pale cheeks.

"T-Twelve years old?" I stuttered, not really understanding how that this even possible. "W-What are you? Some kind genius?"

'Well, I don't particularly like the term 'genius.' I believe that inelegance can't be accurately measured in whi-" He stopped himself halfway through, "S-Sorry, I tend to do that sometimes.." He said awkwardly, looking down at his hands.

"I-I don't mind." I said truthfully, before I could even think of what I said. He turned another shade of red and we went back to work. We spent an hour and half going over Titans, Greek Mythology, and Cronus. When we were done, we started to pack up our things.

"So, same time on Monday?" He asked, putting his book in his bag,

"Yep." I said, putting the last of my binders in my bag.

"Okay, bye Derek." He said walking off before I got the chance to respond. I was left feeling tired and confused; not to mention, irrationally excited for the next time I was going to see boy genius.

I spent the rest of the weekend alone, I mean, I had plan 'n all but, I just didn't wanna see anyone. I just wanted to be alone. So, I stayed in my room and just played my guitar most of Saturday, learning some new songs. I've finally learned Mr. Brightside by the Killers. Other than that, I just hung out. Read a book, well, some of a book, did my homework. I just didn't feel like seeing anyone. Well, besides one person, and I'll never admit this to anyone else, all weekend I just couldn't stop thinking about him. His brown eyes, his messy hair, his dorky clothing, his 'lecture' voice, all of it. Spencer Reid. I just couldn't get him out of my head, which, in hindsight, scared shit out of me. I mean, it's normal for one male to constantly think about another male he's just met…right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here are some things I want to clear up...
The next few chapters will be taking place in the past, what happened before the Prologue.
Spencer is still 'Spencer Smart', but this time he turned down the chance to skip straight to high school. So Spencer is 17 years old, just like Derek.
I Google-d all Spencer said about Greek Mythology. (If it's wrong, I apologize).
Lastly, despite it being about them in High School, this takes place today.
Enjoy!
~Destiny