Status: WIP

When Boy Meets Boy

The First Night

"Hey," I said, walking up to the table Spencer was sitting at.

"Hi," he said with a small smile on his face.

"How are you?" I asked, taking me seat across from Spencer.

"O-okay, t-thank you. Yourself?" He said, a light blush invading his cheeks.

"I'm good, thanks."

"Shall we get started?"

"We shall." I said teasingly.

"You're so funny." He said, rolling his eyes.

"I try," I said cheekily.

"Moving on…Mr. Gideon assigned our class a paper, I'm guessing he did the same for yours, yes?"

"Don't remind me," I grumbled, reluctantly taking out my books.

"What topic did you get?"

"The Creation of Man by Prometheus." I said, looking down at my paper.

"Oh, so did I, now, what do you know about it."

"Not much…"

"Okay, tell me what you do know."

"It's the theory of how man was created…?" He arched an eyebrow at me, but didn't say anything.

"Okay, well, lets start from the beginning, just like before?"

"Yea, sounds like a plan." We spent the next twenty minutes going over the Greek Gods, the Titans and all of their other myths that tied into mine. I don't know why but when Spencer explains it to me, I get it. I don't need it to be explained a second time or ask questions, I just get it. Spencer also taught me a way to layout my paper so it'd be easier when it came time to actually write it.

"I don't get it." He said suddenly.

"Get what?" I asked confused.

"You understand it perfectly fine when you're with me, why are you not passing English? Are you having trouble in your other classes."

"Not really, I mean, I have my slip ups here and there, but I manage an A/B average in my other classes. And, truthfully? I don't know why I don't get English, but with you, I don't know, I get it? I don't know why, if that's what you're asking me. I was actually wondering the same thing myself, funny ya' mentioned it." I said shooting him a half smile. "Maybe you should you be a teacher one day." I said, only half joking.

"Nah, I don't wanna be a teacher."

"Well, what do you wanna be then?"

"I don't know for sure, but I know I want to work in law. Or Psychology, or find something that combines the two. You?"

"Wow, that sounds awesome and 'm not sure yet." I shrugged. Honestly, everyone thought I was going to go to college for football. I mean, it was defiantly a possibility. And with colleges being so pricey these days, if I got a scholarship for football, I know it'd help my mom a lot.

"So ya' feeling confident in your paper yet?" He mused.

"A little.." I said, suddenly, and irrationally, feeling self conscious. I never feel self conscious, what the fuck?

"What's the problem?"

"I don't know, I've just never been good a term papers." I shrugged. I looked down at my clasp hands avoiding all eye contact.

"W-well, they just take some practice. I'm sure you'll get the hang of them." He said soothingly. I felt my body relax at the sound of his voice. Slowly, I looked up to meet his eyes-his big, brown, doe, eyes.

"Thanks," I murmured.

"Anytime." I gave him a small smile before going back to filling out the outline for the paper. We diligently worked for the rest of the time. Him, always answering any question I had. Before I knew it, it was 4'oclock, which meant it was time to go home. Honestly, that went by way too fast for my liking.

"So, I'll see ya' Friday?" I said, packing up the last of my books.

"Same time," he smiled. This time, we walked out together, chatting aimlessly as I walked him to his car.

"Thanks," I blurted out without thinking.

"For what?" He furrowed his brow.

"For tutoring me." I said sheepishly.

"Really, it's no problem." He said, unlocking the door of his car. "Friday?" He asked, getting in.

"Friday." I confirmed, shutting the door for him and walking towards my car. Not even trying to suppress the huge smile taking over my face.

The rest of the week went by too slow, too much work and not enough time, or patience. All I could think about Spencer. He's taken over my every thought, and unwilling too. I've tired everything within my power to stop thinking of him. His doe eyes, his crooked smile, his everything. I shuddered at the mere though, shaking my head, pushing all of the thoughts away, in vain, of course. To try to get it to stop, I threw myself into football, it doesn't start for another two months but it was the only thing I could think of. First, I threw myself into my work, but I finished all of it. I ran a mile-and-half, I went to the gym for 2 hours, pushing myself to my limits multiple times. But nothing I did seemed to work, Spencer Reid has officially taken over my mind. But he's a man for fuck sakes. Out of all the people who could consume my thoughts, it had to be a guy. I'm not gay, really I'm not. I like girls, well, I've never actually dated a girl. Well, not if you count Lissy B. from pre-school. We thought we were going to get married, I even gave her a kiss, well, on the cheek but it was a big deal back then. We always sat together during snack time, we sleep next to each other during nap time, we always shared our cookies, and I always held her hand. That is what we considered true love. That was pure and innocent. Then she moved away, and I never saw her again…huh, I never did find out what that 'B' stood for.

But when my father died, I went down the wrong path. I got involved with some jackasses and got myself arrested. Then I met Carl, he was willing to help and I desperate for it. Carl said he loved me, and at first, I believe him. I guess, I don't know, I was young, stupid and I just lost my father. I was desperate for fatherly love, I was desperate for a father in general. Carol saved me from going down the wrong path and I didn't end up in jail because of him; he even got my record erased. But, what he was doing wasn't love, it was horrid, wrong, and just plain sick. Today, I've cut off all contact with that man, wanting nothing to do with him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sluggishly, I walked into my bedroom, my body sticky with sweat, my muscles ached, and my head was throbbing. I wanted nothing more than to collapse onto my bed and never wake up. Thankfully, the pain has taken my mind off a certain brown eyed boy off mind. I entered the bathroom, peeled of my clothing, and stepped under the faucet. Closing my eyes, I leaned my head against the cold tiles of the wall, letting the water soothe the aches within my back. After the few minutes, I suddenly found my thoughts drifting0 to Spencer. I groaned, trying to push them away. But it was too late, I felt myself stat to come to life. I tried to ignore, hoping it would go away. But it didn't, it was still there, clear as day, and it was painful too-amazingly, beautifully, intoxicating-ly painful. That was the first night I came crying out Spencer Reid's name. When it was over, I felt all the energy leave my body, and I fell to the floor. Water pelting my back, as I laid on the floor on the show on my knees. I couldn't help the strangle sob that ripped through my chest. That was the first night I cried because of Spencer Reid.

Have you ever had a hangover? Neither have I, but I'm pretty sure it feels like this. I didn't get any sleep last night. Sure, I was dead tired, my body was throbbing and my body was begging for sleep. But did sleep come? Barely. I crashed around 3 a.m. meaning I got 3 hours of sleep. I was so tempted to stay home. It wouldn't be horrible, I do, practically, have a perfect record. However, today was Friday, Friday meant tutoring; tutoring meant Spencer. So yea, I was going to school today though, I'll never admit the reason to anyone, not even to myself.

Friday went by agonizingly slow, and my headache did not help me in the least. I almost asked to go the nurse to go home twice but, something within myself wouldn't let me. Penelope was really worried, and I felt horrible for worrying her, but it's not like I could tell her. How could I tell her something that I didn't know; I didn't know what was going on with me. Or if there ever was something going on with me in the first place, maybe it's just all in my head. I groaned, hitting my head against steel lockers. What the hell is going on?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ya' sure you okay, sugar?" Penelope asked again, her hand rubbing my back soothingly.

"Yea, I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night." I said, not bothering to move from my spot.

"If you're sure..." She said apprehensively.

"Don't worry about it, baby girl." I said standing up straight. I kissed her on the top of head, "Now, I gotta go to tutoring. See ya' Monday." I said before walking off to the direction of the media center.

"Hey-Are you okay?" Reid asked as I took my seat.

"Yea, I just-I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Do you wanna just go home early today? I'm sure Mr. Gideon will understand."

"No, I'm fine, really." I said, giving him the best grin I could manage. He looked skeptical, but didn't push it any further.

"Um, okay...So, did you get started on the paper?"

"Yea, I got some of it done."

"May I see it?"

"I-It's not good..." How could anything I write even come close into comparison with something a genius could write?

"Derek, I'm sure it's fine. Please?"

"Fine," I grumble, taking the paper out of my bag and handing it to him. I sit there awkwardly for I don't know how long while her read the first 2 pages of my term paper.

"Derek..." he said softly. "I-I-wow. This is good, really good."

"W-What? N-No, it's not. I wrote that at 2 a.m. when I couldn't sleep."

"Derek, this is a fantastic start to your paper." I don't know what to say, I moved my mouth but nothing came out. "T-Thank you.." I finally managed. He gives rewards me with a brilliant smile, it meets his eyes, and crinkles form in the corner of his eyes. Beautiful. I thought it before I could stop myself. I felt my mouth go dry and my heart rate increase. I look down, avoiding the intensity of his stare.

"W-well, I guess we should continue with the paper. You can, uh, just continue to write and just come to me if you need help."

"Okay," I didn't look up, I just went straight to work, needing some type of distraction.

I spent the next the next hour working on my paper, while he did the same, I had a few questions along the way but I refused to ask for help, I just needed to distant myself for a few moments, or a lot of moments, I needed to get my head on straight. At one point, it was just me staring at the compute screen, the cursor-mocking me. I wanted nothing more than to crawl up into my bed, hide under the covers and never come out. When it reached to be 4 o'clock, I was nowhere near finished with my paper; and I was nowhere closer to understanding what was going on with me. Spencer and I walked down to the parking lot, him chatting, me listening and trying to control my sudden increase in my heart beat.

"Spencer?" The word escaped my lips before I could stop myself.

"Hmm?" He mumbled, still looking for his keys in his backpack.

"W-Well, I-I'm having a little trouble on the p-paper. A-And I was wonder if you'd like to u-um, come to my house...tomorrow...to work on it, of course. I-I mean, you don't have to, I c-can just-"

"That'd be fine, Derek." Spencer interrupted me.

"G-great! Um, can I see your phone?"

"Only if I can see yours." He smirked, taking out his phone. I let out a breathless laugh and took out mine. We entered our phone numbers into each other's phones, I gave him my address.

"So, tomorrow at 5?" I confirm as he got into the car. He looked up at me,

"Tomorrow at 5." And with that, we went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there you have it...I didn't mean it to be this long but that's never a bad thing :D. Any who, I did my very best to make Derek sound more teenager-y-ish...ta-da? I like nervous, stuttering Derek, I think he might come out to play more often~! x3 Enjoy~
-Destiny