Ridiculous.

took the stars from your eyes and made a map

Jesse is kind of in love with Andrew, with his ridiculous hair that he secretly fantasises about tangling his fingers in and tugging on; his ridiculous laugh and his ridiculous smile and the way they make his eyes dance and his entire face light up; his big brown ridiculous eyes that are like something out of an actual cartoon and that Jesse has officially banned from deployment because they render him utterly powerless; the way he touches Jesse on the shoulder or the arm or in the small of his back, a small, gentle press of his hand that says Jess and I’m here and it’s okay that Jesse wouldn’t be able to stand if it were from anyone else; the way he bounds around like an honest-to-god actual baby deer, all loose-limbed and casual and completely at ease in his own body in a way that Jesse can’t help but envy; the way he looks at Jesse sometimes with this sort of, well, fond amusement and tells him how wonderful he thinks Jesse is with that ridiculous, ridiculous accent and the way he laughs when Jesse blushes and responds with eh, you’re adequate like he just knows that what Jesse really wants to say is you, how can you be so wonderful and also actually real, how am I this lucky? because Jesse doesn’t think he’s very good at hiding the fact that he is kind of in love with the man, ridiculous hair and ridiculous eyes and all.