Status: Editing/Active.

I Work for the Joker and I'm Dating Bruce Wayne

We Go Way Back.

When we got back inside, the party was over, and the room was no longer filled with people dressed in fancy outfits. Alfred ran over to us and took Bruce by the arm; Bruce stripped down to his boxers, so Alfred could check to make sure he wasn’t seriously hurt. I struggled to keep my eyes off his well toned body. He’s not your boyfriend! I kept repeating in my head.

When Alfred was positive Bruce wasn’t injured, he went and fetched Bruce sweats and an old t-shirt. When he came back from changing, he offered me a seat on the couch. I took my shoes off and set them to the side. I curled my legs under me; Bruce stared at me. I bit my lip in silence.

“Do you want anything? Food? A drink?” he was being so nice to me. “Do you have any Sprite?” he nodded and asked Alfred to bring me one. I took a sip of it, Bruce still staring at me intently. “What do you want me to say?” I whispered. “How’d you get involved with The Joker?” I sighed and took a look around.

Alfred was peeking around the corner. “Alfred, you can come listen too” he cleared his throated before joining us in the living room. “Well?” Bruce prodded.

“Jack and I go back many years. Our moms were best friend. We lived next to each other since before I was born. Jack always said his dad was crazy. When I was 4, I asked my mom about it; she told me Jack’s dad was always under some kind of stress and didn’t know how to deal with it.

“Despite whatever craziness, I would still go over to Jack’s house and play. When I was there, he didn’t seem mean or stressed just…quiet. When I was 13 and he was 16, Jack asked me to be his girlfriend. Back then, he had blonde curly hair not green. I said yes because he was my best friend and he was so cute!

“We were together for 3 years. Our moms were so happy about it. I was 16 and he was 19. We were so in love with each other back then. I told him I wanted to express my love to him but he…he said no; he wanted to wait till we were married, but…I didn’t listen.

“I somehow convinced him to take my virginity. So we had sex in my bed when my parents were gone. But they came home a lot sooner than I expected. They found us cuddling naked in my bed. They weren’t mad just freaked.

“They told Jack they had to call his parents and tell them what we’d done. Jack begged and begged them not to but they still called; Jack was freaking out. He was muttering he’s gonna kill me over and over again. I didn’t know what to say to him. Jack’s parents came over when we were both dressed. Jack’s mom was crying and his dad was silent.

“She asked him why he did it. Because I love Anna he replied. She’s not only my best friend but my whole world but I couldn’t live without her. His dad asked what if she’s pregnant now. Then we’ll be a happy family he told him.

“Later that night, several hours after Jack and them had left, Jack called me. He told me he needed me; his voice was laced with worry. I ran over to his house. His mom was no where to be found. I heard Jack’s voice upstairs; he was in his room.

“He was tied up in the corner. His dad was there, too. Jack’s dad looked at me. He called me impure and all these other names; the names didn’t bother me. I hated seeing that look on Jack’s face.

“He kept calling me stuff, but I didn’t respond so he slapped me. Jack’s eyes flashed and he tried to break free; his dad noticed. He picked Jack up by his curls. He didn’t react, didn’t scream or tell him to stop. He was so brave.

“He got in Jack’s face and yelled is that the girl you love. Jack told him yes. He laughed so loud it hurt my ears. He asked Jack why so serious son? Jack didn’t look at him. He pulled a knife out of his pocket.

“Before I knew what was happening, he had cut up Jack’s face and walked away as if everyone dad cut up their sons face. Jack was on the floor lying in a puddle of his own blood. T-there was so much blood! I-I didn’t do anything to stop him! He was crying out in pain. I crumpled to the floor and held him while crying” I wiped the salty tears from my face.

“Is that really how he got his scars?” I nodded. “And it’s all my fault!” “It is not” Bruce tried convincing me. “Yes it is! If I hadn’t suggest we had sex-if I had only stopped his dad!” “How long ago did this happen?” “Almost 8 years” I sighed sadly. “How’d he start…tormenting people?”

“It started out with the small things; a dead bird, snake, or turtle here and there. His mom and I thought it was an effect of what his dad did. But then, Jack started hanging out with other people who liked to kill. He dropped out of high school, leaving me all alone. He disappeared for several years; most thought he was dead.

“But I didn’t; I knew Jack. No one could kill him. He didn’t come back home till I was 19. By then, he was past the point of crazy. His mom had divorced his dad so he stayed with his mom for a few days.

He snuck over to my house one night. He started talking crazier than usual. He said he wanted to give the world payback for what it had done to him. He wanted to know if I was in. I told him I didn’t understand, but that if he wanted me there, I’d be there.”

“And…that’s it?” I nodded. “I couldn’t tell him no. After all, it’s my fault his face looks like it does.” “Have you ever killed someone?” “No. Jack knows I don’t want to. So he doesn’t make me.” “Why are you calling him Jack?” “Cause that’s his real name.” “Alfred, could you give us a moment?” he nodded silently and left the room. “I’m sorry” I said after a moment of quiet. “It doesn’t matter” he started. “Cause I still love you” a smile spread across my face and his. “Wanna move back in?” I answered his question with a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Honestly, I couldn't think of any story of how the Joker got his scars. :/ So I'm really sorry if it sucks. :/