Status: Editing/Active.

I Work for the Joker and I'm Dating Bruce Wayne

She Always Would.

Anna’s POV
Later that night, when it was close to morning, Jack was taking a shower and I was relaxing in bed. There was a knock at the door and Cane came in. “We have news for the Joker” I sat up. “He’s showering. What is it?” “Batman saved Harvey…kind of” I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean kind of?” “Well, Rachel is dead and Harvey is in the hospital with half of his face burnt off” both my eyebrows raised.

“Wow. Well thanks. I’ll tell him” he nodded and closed the door behind him. I stood up and went into the bathroom. “It’s just me. Don’t freak” I said after I closed the door. “Okay. What is it?” I looked in the mirror and brushed a strand of hair out of my face. “Cane wanted to talk to you.” “About?” “Rachel, Harvey, Batman” I heard him stop washing his hair. “And?”

“Batman chose Harvey. Rachel’s dead” the water shut off and he stepped out. “What happened to Harvey?” he reached over and grabbed a towel and quickly tied it around his waist. “He’s in the hospital with half of his face burnt off” he started smiling then laughing. “Now he really is Harvey Two-Face!” I smiled and shook my head. “Don’t act like it’s not funny” I laughed a little bit.

“Sure” he smirked at me. “Come on. Let’s cuddle” he took my hand. “No. You’re wet” he rolled his eyes. “Fine. I’ll get dry, then we’ll cuddle” I nodded. Back on Jack’s bed, I felt vibrations in my pocket.

I pulled my phone out and looked at the Caller ID. It was Bruce. I sighed and hit the ignore button, taking it to voicemail. The door to the bathroom opened and Jack came out. I smiled at him.

Bruce’s POV
I got home that morning and sat in a chair and stared out at Gotham. Alfred came in with my breakfast, but I wasn’t hungry. I felt empty; Rachel was dead and it was all my fault, Harvey was in the hospital with half a face. That was all my fault. And Anna went back to The Joker. That especially was my fault.

I reached over to the table beside me and grabbed my cell phone. I scrolled through my contacts and called Anna. It rang for a few minutes till it went to voicemail. I sighed and slammed my phone back on the table. Alfred set the breakfast on the table.

He started to walk away, but turned around when I said his name. “Did I bring this on her? I was meant to inspire good. Not madness, not death.” “You have inspired good. But you spat in the faces of Gotham’s criminals. Didn’t you think there might be some causalities? Things were always gonna get worse before they got better” he told me. “But Rachel, Alfred.” “Rachel believed in what you stood for. What we stand for. Gotham needs you” he handed me my mask from the floor. “No. Gotham needs its true hero. And I let that murdering psychopath blow him half to hell.” “Which is why, for now, they’re gonna have to make do with you.” “I need to get my girl back” Alfred smiled. “Then go get Miss Rivers” I stood and ran to my room. Anna didn’t belong with the Joker. She belonged with me. She always would.