Status: Editing/Active.

I Work for the Joker and I'm Dating Bruce Wayne

I Guess It's Not That Hard To Be In 2 Places At Once.

When I felt like leaving, I didn’t tell anyone; I just walked right out the door. I walked 3 blocks before I saw some cabs. I hailed one and gave him the address of my apartment.
When he pulled up to the apartment, I opened the door and tossed him a 10 dollar bill.
As I began walking up the steps, I was stopped by the door greeter, James.

"Hey James. What’s up?" he smiled. "How was your date with Bruce?" I couldn’t help the large smile that formed onto my face. "Amazing!" "That’s wonderful. Have a good nights rest, Anna." "Thanks James. Goodnight" after James opened the door for me I was greeted with the smell of lilacs from the lobby. I stepped to the left and over to the elevator. I hit the up button.

When the elevator made a ding noise, the doors opened and I stepped in. It was only 10:30 and I was surprised to see that no one else was in the elevator. I shrugged it off and hit the 8 button. It was a short trip to the eighth floor. But when I got there, the doors dinged open and I stepped out into the hallway.

I continued to walk down the hall till I reached the very last door on the left. I pulled out my key and unlocked the door. As the door opened, a waft of vanilla scented candles was let out into the hallway. I inhaled deeply and stepped into my room. "Mischief" I called; I could hear her purring, but she hadn’t came up to me like she usually does.

I reached over and turned on the lights. I gasped when I saw 12 dozen roses in a vase, sitting on the table. I spotted Mischief sitting in her usual chair, but ignored her for now and walked up to the table. There was a card attached to the vase.

Dear Anna,
I truly hope these roses make you feel better about your grandmother’s death. And don’t feel bad that you had to run out on our date. I don’t mind. I just hope you are okay. Call me when you get these. I love you with all my heart.
Forever yours,
Bruce

I smiled and put the card back; I picked up one of the roses and brought it to my nose. After smelling it, I turned to Mischief. "Beautiful, aren’t they girl?" she meowed. I smiled and reached into my purse and got my phone. I hit the number 3 button for my speed dial.

As I was calling Bruce’s cell, I put it on speaker and walked into the bathroom. "Hello?" it sounded as if he was out of breath. "Bruce? Are you okay?" "Anna, I’m fine. Can I call you back?""Uh...yeah sure." "Alright." "I love you" click. I looked at the screen. He had hung up on me.

I hit the red button and set my Sidekick down on the sink. I looked in the mirror and started to brush out my curls. When they were gone, I started my bath water. When the water was warm enough, I added bubbles then climbed in. Halfway through my relaxing bath, my Sidekick went off.

I groaned and hopped out of the tub. The caller ID flashed Bruce. I smiled and climbed back in the tub before answering. "Hello?" I asked after I put it back on speaker. "Hey babe" his voice came.

I smiled. "Hi." "Did you get the flowers?""Yes. I love them. Thank you so much!" "You’re welcome" I could hear Alfred’s voice in the background. He asked Bruce if he was hungry. "No, Alfred, I’m not hungry" I heard him whisper. I smiled.

"Tell Alfred I said hi" I heard his voice talking to Alfred again. A moment later, he was talking to me. "He says hi" I smiled and began to run my hand up and down my leg. "So what are you doing?""I’m taking a bath" he gasped. "Ad you didn’t invite me?!" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"I’m sorry. You’re invited to the next one" even though Bruce and I hadn’t had sex yet, we still talked like we did. "Awesome! I can’t wait!" I giggled. "What are you doing?" "Changing." "Oh. How hot!" he laughed. "Babe, I’m tired. I’m gonna go to bed." "Okay. Night Bruce." "Night babe." "Love you." "I love you too" after I hung up my phone, I leaned my head back and continued to relax. Little did I know, Bruce was changing out of his Batman suit.

25 minutes later, I decided to get out of the tub and go to bed. I changed into an old baggy t-shirt and climbed into bed. Mischief hopped up on the bed and curled up on my pillow right next to my head. I giggled and kissed her fur. "Night Mischief" then I clapped off the lights.

In the morning, I woke up around 10:30. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and got out of bed.
Mischief was still asleep on my pillow. I smiled and went into the kitchen and made myself some coffee. When my coffee was all gone, I got up from the table and took my glass over to the sink.

I put the coffee mug in the sink and made a mental note to myself to wash the dishes later. I went back into my room and picked out what I was going to wear today. I picked out a pair of super skinny black jeans and a pink shirt that had a green monster on it. I began to wash my face then brush my teeth. After getting dressed, I picked up my phone and sent Bruce a text.

Anna:
Is there anyway we can have lunch earlier than 3?

Bruce:
Yes. How about in 20 minutes?

I looked at the time on my phone. 12:30. That’d give me just enough time to have lunch with Bruce, then go to that stupid meeting with Joker. I sent him a text back saying yes.
He told me he’d pick me up soon.

I smiled and began to straighten my hair. Just as I finished putting on my makeup, there was a knock at my door; I smiled and skipped over to the door. Mischief was already there when I got there. Sometimes, she was just like a dog. I giggled and scooted her back with my foot.

After looking out the little hole in the door, I let Bruce in. He was dressed in a black suit. "Hey, babe" he said stepping into the apartment. I smiled and kissed his cheek. He wanted more though.

Like usual, he grabbed a chunk of my hair and brought my mouth up to his. He kissed me hard and when he was satisfied with himself, pulled away. I smiled and went back to my room to get some shoes and socks. I put on bright neon green socks and high top pink converse. When I came back out to the living room, Bruce was stroking Mischief’s fur.

She was purring like there was no tomorrow. I smiled and walked up to him, sitting on his lap. He smiled and began to rub my hips. "Hey babe" I smiled. "Hey." "You ready to go?" I nodded and stood up.

When we were outside my door, I made sure to lock the door then followed him down to the elevator. When we got in the elevator, he kissed my lips gently. I was surprised, but kissed back none the less. When we pulled away, he stroked my cheek. "Love you baby girl." I smiled and giggled.

"Love you too" he smiled and pulled me out of the elevator when it stopped. When James saw us coming, he said hello to us. Bruce and I smiled politely then walked out the door. The press immediately surrounded us. I was kind of used to it; when you’re dating the richest man in Gotham, the press just loves to take your picture.

Bruce covered his face with his hand and continued pulling me to the gray Lamborghini. He opened my door for me and I slid onto the seat. As he came around to his side, I began to twirl my hair in between my fingers. As he started up the expensive foreign car, H.I.M. came blasting out the speakers. I turned and raised an eyebrow at him.

"You got me hooked. What can I say?" he shrugged his shoulders. I giggled and turned it up. When we got to the small café, we were listening to The Kiss of Dawn. He pulled into a parking space and shut off the car. He got out first and opened my door for me.

He held out his and helped me out. I giggled. "Thank you" he smiled. "You’re welcome" we held hands as we walked up to the door. Once again, he opened the door for me.

I giggled and as I walked past him, and he winked. The café was small, but cute. I smiled as Bruce came up behind me. As the receptionist asked us if there was just 2 of us, Bruce squeezed my ass. I gasped as he told her yes.

She smiled and led us over to a table by the window. After we were handed our menus, Bruce grabbed my hand. As I decided what I wanted, Bruce kissed my hand. I looked at him over the menu. He laughed at how goofy I looked.

I smiled and he squeezed my hand. A waitress came and asked us what we wanted to drink. I said I’d take a cappuccino. As Bruce told her he wanted coffee, she looked him up and down. He failed to notice. I however, was very pissed.

She smiled at him and glared at me; I did the same. As she left, Bruce started to look at the menu. "Bitch" I muttered. Bruce looked up from his menu at me. "Me?!" he asked shocked.

"Yes Bruce. You’re such a fucking bitch! I hate you! Get the fuck away from me!" he looked down at his lap then back at me. "I-is that what you really want?" it looked like he was going to cry. I grabbed both of his hands. "Oh, Bruce, of course not. I love you. I was just joking. I called that skank a bitch cause she was checking you out" he looked up from his lap to look at me. He smiled and began to laugh.

"What’s so funny?" "I-I just think it’s funny that you thought I could like someone else than you" he continued to laugh. I raised an eyebrow. He was still laughing when the skank brought us our drinks. She saw Bruce was laughing, and asked what was so funny, with a smile on her face. I quietly growled and glared at her.

She choose to ignore while Bruce noticed. He stopped laughing. "I just think it’s funny that you’re such a skank" then he continued to laugh. I was shocked but began to laugh with him. She didn’t look amused.

Bruce and I could only laugh. The girls face grew red. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her notepad. “What can I get you?“ she asked through clenched teeth. "I’ll take one of these hot ham and cheese sandwiches" Bruce said when he stopped laughing.

She wrote that down and turned to me. "Um...I’ll just have the broccoli and cheese soup" she wrote my order down and turned on her heel and stormed back up to the front. Bruce and I smiled at each other. I glanced out the window and caught sight of a muscular man running down the street with a clown mask on. My smile faded from my face.

Bruce noticed and looked out the window at what I was looking at. He saw the clown masked man too. He sighed. "It’s horrible isn’t it?" my heart started beating quicker and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. "Y-yeah" I said even though I’d been on tons of those kinds of missions.

"I couldn’t imagine being one of those crooks" I gulped and more heat rose to my cheeks.
"I mean, they’re just a bunch of low lives who go out and work for that stupid asshole of a clown because they’re bored. It’s pathetic" one side of his lip started to twitch. That only happened when he got mad or was starting to get mad. I gulped again. "I-I don’t know. You shouldn’t say that" he looked at me like I was insane.

"Well, you don’t know what they’ve been through. And maybe they had to take that kind of job because that was their only choice" I didn’t notice till now that I was shaking. "What’s wrong with you? Why are you sticking up for them?" I shook my head. "Sorry" he rubbed my arm. "It’s okay" I smiled at him. Soon, the waitress brought us our food.

We ate in comfortable silence. When I was finished, waiting for Bruce, I looked at the time. It was almost 1:45. If Bruce finished in a few minutes, I’d be home by 2:10. And then I’d just have to wait for Joker to pick me up.

10 minutes later, Bruce chugged the rest of his coffee and said he was ready. I smiled and he threw some money down on the table. Our skanky waitress waved goodbye to us, but Bruce ignored her and walked me to his car. When he pulled up to my apartment, it was 2:25. I leaned over and kissed Bruce’s cheek.

"Love you Bruce" I said then hopped out of the car. As I ran over to the building, he rolled down his window and yelled "I love you too. Call me later." "Kay" I shouted over my shoulder. I ran up to my room and refreshed my makeup. After my makeup looked presentable, I walked out of my bathroom and back into the living room.

It was 2:45. I grabbed the remote and turned on Spongebob. Around 2:58, there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door, already knowing who it was.

Bruce’s POV
"Master Wayne. You’re back" Alfred said as I walked into the living room of my penthouse. He was sitting down on the couch. "Yeah" I sighed. "Did your lunch with Miss. Anna not go well?" "Well" I trailed off scratching the back of my neck. "She kinda stood up for the goons who work for that damn Joker" Alfred stood up.

"I’m sure she didn’t mean to upset you Master Wayne. After all, she doesn’t know you’re Batman" I shook my head. I sometimes hated Alfred. I flopped down on the couch where Alfred had been moments ago. "Maybe you should tell her" Alfred said from the kitchen. "What?! I can’t do that! I don’t know how she would react. What if she never talks to me again?" I was now standing on my feet.

"Master Wayne, Miss Anna loves you enough to not do that" I sighed and flopped back down on the couch. After thinking about Alfred’s words for 20 minutes, I knew what I had to do. I was going to tell Anna that I am The Batman.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a longer chapter, so I hope you enjoy it. :)