Status: Editing/Active.

I Work for the Joker and I'm Dating Bruce Wayne

I Can't Love Scum Like You.

2 hours later, Bruce and I finally got home. “I’m so tired” I told him, crawling into our bed. He smiled and slid in next to me. “I love you” he whispered into my ear. “Mmm…I love you too” he smiled against my skin, then I passed out.

In the morning, I woke up with Bruce still next to me in bed. “What are you still doing here?” I asked sitting up. He smiled down at me. “Glad to see you too” I laughed. “Look outside babe” I looked at him funny and he told me to go on.

I got out of bed and went to the nearest window; Gotham was covered in snow! I ran back to Bruce. “Bruce! Did you know it’s snowing?!” he gave me a duh look. I jumped back on the bed. “So can you not get to work or something?” “No, I can’t.” “Aww. That means I gotta spend all day with you” he gave me the bird and I giggled.

We sat in silence till Albert entered the room; he was carrying a tray with pancakes, coffee, juice, and the paper on it. “There you are” he said sitting it on the bed then left.
“Thanks Albert!” I called after him, then dug into the pancakes. Bruce laughed, then picked up the paper. It was a moment till he groaned.

“What’s wrong?” I asked crawling into his lap. “It’s that damn Joker!” I felt my face heat up. “O-oh” he nodded “I want him locked up” I snorted and he gave me a dirty look. “Sorry Bruce” I said then lightly kissed his lips.

“It’s just everyone has locked him up a million times” he nodded, solemnly. “And he’s escaped every time. You’re just wasting your energy” he sighed. “He’s too mad for you Bruce.” “At least you didn’t say smart” he had a smile on his face. “I think you’re smart Bruce.” “Thank you beautiful” I giggled then the voice screamed at me again. “Tell him!” “…Bruce, can I ask you something?” he nodded and shifted me on his lap.

“Will you love me forever? No matter what?” “Yes. Always. Why?” my heart sped up and I took a deep breath before saying “I work for the Joker” I think Bruce was in denial because he started laughing. “Bruce, I’m serious” he stared into my eyes. “Are you fucking kidding me?!” he stood up so fast, I fell off his lap and onto the floor. “Are you fucking kidding me?! You work for my enemy and you’re dating me?!” he was pissed. “Y-yeah” I stuttered/whispered.

He turned away from me and for 10 minutes he didn’t say a word. Just stared out the window at the falling snow. Finally, he told me to “get out.” My heart sunk. “But Bruce-” “I said get out!” he yelled, turning from the window; tears stung my eyes.

“You said you’d always love me.” “I can’t love trash like you” that hurt the worst. He turned from me again then said “I’ll send your things to your apartment.” “F-fine. If this is what you need” I picked myself up off the floor and left, still in my pajamas. I flagged down a cab. On the way home, I asked the voice “didn’t see that coming, did you?” there was no answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a shorter chapter.