Status: well, im working on it....

Allisyn

Ch. 2

When the younger prince showed her to her room and left to give her privacy, Allisyn curled up in a tight ball on her new bed and stared blandly at the wall. After a while, she stood to look at herself in the life size mirror.

Her jean shorts were splattered with red paint to have the illusion of blood and her white shirt was ripped randomly and flowed from her body, only to be pulled back to her by the thick elastic connected to it. she had a light blue tank top underneath it to keep things modest, but it too had a few gashes in it. Her curly, white-blonde hair flowed in delicate curls down her back, and her piercing blue eyes stared at their reflection critically. Allisyn had always liked the stunning color of her eyes, but lately, they seemed faded and dull, as though they had lost a childish spark. Her facial features were always hard and expressionless nowadays, and she rarely ever smiled, not even at her own reflection.

In fact, she had smiled for the first time in three years at the elder prince. She thought about that as she looked at her reflection. He was rather cute, the prince, but he was betrothed so she had no chance. Not that she ought to be thinking of romance when she had business to attend to.

After all, she was a spy, and a perfectly trained weapon. And her job was to eliminate the princes, just as her master had taken out the queen.

***

Allisyn sat down in the dining room and looked at the food in front of her. The princes had had a huge feast prepared for her arrival; she couldn't grasp why, for she had yet to become anything special. Both harry and William were present, as was prince William's fiancé and a few other royal guests.

Allisyn nodded politely to the nobles around her, and they acknowledged her silently before returning to their conversations. She turned her attention toward Prince Harry, who was talking animatedly to an old man a few seats to her left. It took only a few seconds to discover the man's relationship to the princes; he was probably distantly related to them, and uncle or great-relative. Without realizing it, Allisyn found herself getting lost in the young prince's words, in his eyes. Angry with her own feminine weakness, she mentally shook herself out of her daze and looked away.

Trying her best to be inconspicuous, Allisyn listened to the conversations around her as she picked at her food. Most were discussing politics, though a couple down the table were whispering together. Interested, Allisyn tried to catch pieces of the conversation.

"...think she's German."

"I heard she..... to start a resistance."

"if that were true, then why would the king....?"

"then maybe...."

Everybody's attention was momentarily drawn to the older prince, as he rose from his place at the head of the table. He waited a few seconds for the room to quiet, then said kindly, "ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you all to miss Allisyn, the newest addition to the royal family." the royal guests glanced toward her, then looked at each other in confusion. "my father stopped by today," William continued patiently, "with the girl in tow; he adopted her from America. She will be living with my brother and me here at the Court. I would love to invite her to share a few words with you all, however that would prove to be impossible; she's a mute."

With that awkward introduction, he invited everyone to begin eating. The talking became louder throughout the meal as the wine was consumed by the older men and women. Allisyn kept her gaze on her plate, yet was equally aware of her surroundings throughout. It was a trait of hers, something she had needed to learn over the years. As the people around her ate, she thought about what Prince William had said earlier. Adopted, he had told them. And he was sticking with the king's background story as well. For the best, her mind whispered. Nobody ought to know your real birthplace. You would only be cast out. Then you would fail, as your previous successor ultimately had.

She noticed the younger prince watching her as she ate, and wondered, deep in her mind, why he was interested in her. Secretly, her insides heated slightly under his gaze; though it was nothing drastic, she was momentarily alarmed. She wasn't used to feeling embarrassed or being noticed by men.

"hello, miss Allisyn," a soft voice said behind her.

Allisyn turned slowly to face Kate, the prince's fiancée. Allisyn nodded politely. Kate tried again, "you may call me Kate, if you like." when Allisyn didnt respond she asked casually, "so, you will be living here, I presume?" Allisyn nodded curtly. There was an awkward silence.

"you know," Kate started again slyly, "the young prince has been watching you throughout the meal." Allisyn looked up sharply, but Kate didn't seem to notice the reaction. "I think he fancies you," she continued. "you know, I could probably get the two of you together. He is single, after all."

Allisyn stood up abruptly and stormed out of the dining hall after glaring daggers at the soon-to-be princess. She was only ten paces down the hall when she heard footsteps following her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who would be so daring as to follow Allisyn, the "Secret Weapon"?
A guest who doesn't know? Or perhaps someone who knows EXACTLY what she is...
The plot thickens as a new secret is revealed. ;)

comment/subscribe<3 hope you like the new update(: