Status: well, im working on it....

Allisyn

Ch. 4

Harry looked at her in shock. She turned to him slowly, her mind reeling. Why? Her mind screamed at her. Why did you just speak?!

"you can talk," Harry said dumbfounded.

Allisyn hesitated before nodding slowly. 

"but...you don't usually?" Allisyn shook her head. Harry hesitated before asking his next question. "will you speak again?" Allisyn shook her head slowly, then started to back up as her head whipped back and forth. Her eyes became steely again, and suddenly she was in a fighting stance. Harry backed up a bit and held his hands up in surrender.

"I don't want to fight," he said calmly. "I didn't mean to offend you."
His thoughts were on hyper-drive. Why was she angry? HAD he offended her? What had he said wrong? Why was she mute? What was in her past that she was keeping secret? Would she ever talk again? How could he get her to talk again?

He mentally shook the thoughts to the back of his mind as he focused on the most important question for the moment. How could he calm her down?

"it's ok," he said soothingly. "nobody has to know that you spoke; we can keep it between us. I won't tell anybody if you don't." he was hoping she would smile, but she barely even relaxed her stance. Her shoulders did sag slightly though.

He tried again, "really, you have nothing to worry about! I'm the only one who heard it. And I'm not entirely sure I even DID hear it!" that was a lie. He had definitely heard it, and he would never forget the way it sounded. It was as sweet as a child's laughter, as fresh as a light breeze.

His lie did manage to ease her tension a bit more and now her arms were hanging limply at her sides.

"are we okay now? No hard feelings or anything?" why did he ask that?! It's not like they had argued! Had they?

However, even though there hadn't been an argument, she eased out of the fighting stance and gave him a wary look before she turned and began searching the shelves. Harry chuckled lightly and slouched into the plush chair in the corner, watching as the girl nearly flitted from one shelf to the next. She was unusually ecstatic about the literature, and he enjoyed watching her enthusiasm. Within minutes, she had a stack of books piled onto the little table, and was looking at Harry almost pleadingly.

"do you want to borrow them?" she nodded vigorously and he chuckled. "go ahead; they're not used very often anyway." Allisyn's eyes widened a fraction and before Harry could stop her, she had wrapped her arms around him.

The gesture surprised Harry, but Allisyn herself was nearly shocked. She let him go quickly, her eyes wide. It was the most affection she'd shown anyone in her life, and she wasn't sure whether she liked it or not. Harry was looking at her strangely, and Allisyn quickly turned her back on him to pick up the books she had selected. She wasn't sure, but she thought she could feel her face heating up. It was an odd feeling for her, and for some reason, she didn't want Harry to see.

They headed from the library and made their way through the corridors silently, both equally lost in thought. Harry walked her to the end of the hallway outside her room, and watched as she walked swiftly through the doors. As he walked slowly back to his own room, he pondered what had happened in the library, an wondered if it would happen again.

Without realizing it, he began to hope it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, i know it's short, but I figured it was a good place to stop, rather than leaving you all with another cliff hanger, like I have in the other chapters. Teehee, hope you like it so far, and if you notice any grammatical errors, feel free to tell me(trust me, I won't be offended<3). Anyway, tell me whatcha think!! I love you guys!<3