Status: Active

Phantom Horse

Chapter 1

I was sitting in class when something my teacher said sparked my interest. Mrs. Hart was talking about a horse. A white mare that comes to earth once every year. A mare who leads horse thieves to their deaths. Who free the abused horses. Some say that she stays on earth with her herd. Even if she's a mare. Some say she roams the world and stay hidden and then come out and show the world that she's here. And some people say that the white mare's a myth. That she's not real. It's probably some random horse look a like and the deaths just happen to be a luck of karma.

I snorted. The things people come with. If only they knew. If only they could see. It's right in their sight and they don't even think to see us. As much as they don't think many of these myths are fake. They're quite real alright. They just don't show themselves. The white mare is a rare species She's not just any typical mare. She's a unicorn. There's not many white horses out today. I look and look for some to try and re-populate some of them. I've looked almost everywhere around the world.

The bell finally rang and I shoved all my stuff in my backpack and walked quickly out the door. Sighing I walked down the sidewalk towards my home. For some reason most so called myth creatures live longer than humans and animals. Our life span is tripled. It may seem like your ordinary 17 year old. No I've been alive for over 50 years. I've been to hundreds of schools. Too many to even think about counting. I'm rare. There's not many out there like me.

I heard the sound of a car coming towards me. I moved my head slightly to where I can see the car. Having been on this world for a long time, I know it's not safe. It was a truck and by the outline of the person it must be a guy. I saw the truck start to slow down as he got closer and closer. I took in a deep breath and then let it out trying to calm myself. I didn't like the fact in getting into uncomfortable situations. Yes I may be magical. But I can't tell who’s a good person and whose not. I go with my instinct.

He pulled up right next to me and rolled down the window. When I could see his face I noticed he was from the school I go to. I let out a sigh of relief and looked at him an gave him a smug smile. He smiled back nervously as he said shyly, "Hey, uh, Ms. would you like a ride?"

My eyebrow rose, "You won't try anything on me will you?"

I saw shock cover his face in an instant as he stuttered, "N-n-no..."

I took in a deep breath and stopped walking which he stopped I walked over to the truck, "Yeah I would. Thank you."

He gave me a hesitant smile, "Your welcome. Oh I'm Matt, by the way."

Once I sat in and closed the door behind me I look at him, "I'm Luna."

"It's nice to meet you Luna." Matt said smiling.

I smiled back, "It's nice to meet you too Matt."

After he dropped me off at my so called house. Which was in the middle of a little forest that I called The Crescent Forest? Other wise known as "The Moon Forest". Yeah I named it close to that but it's not like anyone would know. I took out my keys and flipped through them and stuck my key in the key whole and twisted it. Hearing the satisfying click of the lock unlocking as I pushed open the door. I set my backpack on the floor next to the couch as I walked over to the fridge and opened it to grab the milk and poured me a glass.

If you haven't noticced how I can live when I'm suppose to be by myself. My money grew over time as I got a job. Even if it took me a while to start saving up. Especially if I only had money from the other world. Which I can't stand to go back. It hurts too much. I miss it there. The beautiful meadows that you could gallop through. The apple trees. The fresh delicious water. The luscious grass. And the feel as I rolled around in it. In the other world I could be myself. That’s once rule. One odd stupid rule I hate. You can't transform into human form. Rarely many creatures have a human transformation unless they come to a wizard or a unicorn.

A long time ago our world once was upon earth. It was once upon a time peaceful. Our kind and the humans got along. Until some sort of war started because a bunch of guys would try and cut off unicorn's horns or keep their luscious skin and furs. Even to the other creatures. Yes every myth is real. Vampires, Werewolves, Griffins, Brownies, Fairies, Dragons, Hippogriffs, Sea Serpents, etc. You name it. But we hide our selves. Somehow we seem to survive so far being invisible to human eyes. Or well for the most part.

I took a sip of my milk and walked out the back door. My friends walked over to me. I smiled as I patted every one of their muzzles and said hello. They neighed back happily. Some of them talked to me. The rest kind of just show me what they want or say. Yes, I can talk to animals. My friends roam my forest. There are no fences except the ones next to my stables. But they know where to go an where not to. I walked into one of the stalls and stripped out of my clothes. Then laid them on a shelf as I began to transform into my regular form.

One reason why I bought this land of forest is because it blocks people views to see a white unicorn roaming. Or the fact that a horse has a large pointy thing on its forehead. I didn't really care to try and conceal that part. I know I should, but there’s a 50/50 chance that someone would see. And besides, people who come in the boundaries of my forest either hesitate to go forward or push past the nausea or the mood affects. It's nothing serious, nothing to harm anyone. But just to let them have a warning that they are on someone else’s property.

Once finished transforming I pranced with excitement. I haven't been able to transform in a while. They got one thing right though. But the count is wrong. You can either pick to stay unicorn and roam or you can pick to have a human side and only get to turn a multiple amount of times. No one knows the exact amount but it wears you out. I have been thinking about staying in my regular form just keep the human appearance when most needed. I already ace all classes in almost everything. There are some classes I will not even think to take.

As soon as I was out of the little fences I took off at a soft slow trot feeling my muscles bucnh up and loosen as I picked up my speed. I whinied out in excitment and heard the otheres do the same as I heard their hooves on the ground as well as mine. Make a beating rythym. I shook my head and bucked a little. Snorting I picked up my speed even more. I knew most of the others couldn't keep up with me but I know they are safe on my land. I couldn't stand to see my herd hurt. Over years I've added on. I accepted some of the horses that I freed or found wondering. I heard a sharp whiny that broke me out of my thoughts and I put my two front feet infront of me and made an impact to come to a halt. I swung my head back as I saw a pack of foxes. I let out a warning sound for the rest of my herd and for the little pack of foxes.

I saw there eyes roam my herd and their tongues lick their chops. I bared my teeth and flattened my ears back letting out a snorted shrill warning to the foxes. They looked over to me as I trotted towards the rest of my herd that was closer to them. They growled and acted like they were pouncing. Getting closer and closer. I heard Blossom say behind me,"What are we going to do Luna?"

My eyes flickered to her roan face and then back to the foxes, "I want everyone to get in seperate packs. Having at least two stallions in the group to help fen them off. One herd at a time."

I saw her head dip and the she nieghed out commands. I reared up onto my hind legs and pawed at the air infront of my viciously and swayed my head a little. When I went back down I made the impact sound as loud as possible which made them jump back. Their ears flattened and growled as they saw my herd seperating and running from the way they came from. I know I could use magic, but I prefer to fight my own battles fairly. One of the foxes shot off towards my herd and I took off after it which meant the others followed. I pounced at the little fox reaching my head down to try and grab the skin around his neck so I wouldnt hurt him. Yes they were trying to kill my herd but I wouldn't kill them. I know that sounds odd but I can't hurt others unless they actually harm someone that I care about. And as much as there's a lot of arrogant stallions in my heard and snobby mares I care about each and every one of them.

I reached my neck forward trying to grab him while he looked at me and the heard trying to catch up with them and trying to dodge my grabs. I felt teeth sink into my back leg and let out a pained whiny and ground my teeth together. I tried bucking off the one that did but his grasp was firm and it dug in everytime I bucked. Thats when the one infront of me pounced in my face but missed it and bitinto my ear. I closed my eyes and stopped running as I plopped myself on the ground and rolled around and slammed myself into trees to get them off. I looked towards where I last saw my heard and I'm hoping they got back by now. I finally had a fox by the neck and slammed it against the treeas hard as I could and I heard a yelp escape his little snout and fall to the floor unconcios but not dead.I le my leg fly out at one that was behind me and it flew. I heard a commanding yip and all the foxes took off. I was breathing heavily while leaning against the tree trunk. I looked down at the hurt unconsious fox and watched the slow movements of it's chest rising up and down. I sighed and reached down and grabbed it gently by the loose skin around its neck and limped my way back to the the house.